ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #56431
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Also, if I end up goin toward danville, I'm strapping the Rancher 55 on the back of my bike and opening Quarry back up myself....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Take a chain saw on the back of your bike and get it done.
I think that's what a Rancher 55 is, made by the same company as some bikes you sell.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #56432
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I'm going to be in Westerville tomorrow, you need one picked up?

No I got a tire just need to put it on but thanks for the offer. The chain saw sounds like a good idea.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #56433
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
Fixed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I think that's what a Rancher 55 is, branded the same as some bikes you sell.
and now that BMW is selling it to the Pierre AG company which owns the Majority of Cross...

Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #56434
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I think that's what a Rancher 55 is, made by the same company as some bikes you sell.

Only in name. That split happened 25+ years ago.

Husqvarnas have been coming in boxes covered in pizza sauce for a very long time.

Still do.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #56435
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Tonight's project was to take one of these PWM controllers http://www.ebay.com/itm/180900536285, disassemble it, stash the electronics under the seat of the WRR, wire the output to the $10 Tusk heaters, and have infinitely adjustable variable heated grips. Works fine so far, we'll see how long the electronics last. $15 total in variable heat grips is pretty inexpensive.

ruppster screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 04:03 AM
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #56436
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,144
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180900536285

There's a working link for ya. I have one of those for making LEDs. So far it's held up indoors.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #56437
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Got in almost 200 today, did the tour of lakes, (Clenndening, Tappan, Salt Fork, Seneca,) temperature wasn't so bad, road surface pretty nasty at times, dry but salt/cinders/sand everywhere.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #56438
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post

There's a working link for ya. I have one of those for making LEDs. So far it's held up indoors.

I'm using one of these ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-Wire...item2a2294879c ) to control the aux lighting on my Sabre. Works very well but the box needs some waterproofing, which is easily accomplished. This unit held up through my deer strike on the Magna and is still going strong nearly a year later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Got in almost 200 today, did the tour of lakes, (Clenndening, Tappan, Salt Fork, Seneca,) temperature wasn't so bad, road surface pretty nasty at times, dry but salt/cinders/sand everywhere.

I only got 60 miles in through the Hocking Hills...same situation with shit all over the roads.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM   #56439
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
I think I did the same lake tour with Chuck.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #56440
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post

Thanks for the link, I did that on my Android tablet, must have messed it up somehow. I'll get a ride in this weekend, if its on the WRR, I'll be able to see how well it works.

Commuted on the WRR this am (it's only 4.5 miles), the Trakmaster stepped out on wet pavement at 35-40 mph. The pucker factor is pretty high during that maneuver.

Does anyone here have a KTM RFS EXC they've dual sported? If so what kit did you use? I got into a conversation with a guy I know about riding offroad. He told me he had a dirt bike he hadn't rode in a few years that he would like to get part with. Short of it is there should be a 05 KTM 450 EXC in my garage in a week or two. I would like to get a tag for it. I found the appropriate form in this thread (or maybe NEOhio), just curious as to which kit. The factory KTM stuff is $589 from cyclezone.
I have a couple XC riders I know set up to teach me how to kill myself offroad. Hope to try out some off road enduros & maybe even a hare scramble on it this year.

ruppster screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 04:17 AM
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #56441
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post

Does anyone here have a KTM RFS EXC they've dual sported? If so what kit did you use? I got into a conversation with a guy I know about riding offroad. He told me he had a dirt bike he hadn't rode in a few years that he would like to get part with. Short of it is there should be a 05 KTM 450 EXC in my garage in a week or two. I would like to get a tag for it. I found the appropriate form in this thread (or maybe NEOhio), just curious as to which kit. The factory KTM stuff is $589 from cyclezone.
I have a couple XC riders I know set up to teach me how to kill myself offroad. Hope to try out some off road enduros & maybe even a hare scramble on it this year.
Swingset has the twin to that bike, i think his has the Tusk kit on it.

I dual sported my 05 RFS 450SX with stuff I pieced together. I used:

Polisport headlight
Amazon LED signals
Ebay LED brake/tail
Tusk switchgear
NAPA electronic flasher
Tusk (I think) brake light switch
Vapor Speedo/tach/temp
Cheapo mirrors

All in all, I prob have about $200-250 in the whole set up. I also had to buy an EXC flywheel and stator, EXC battery box and 5th and 6th gear, but you don't need any of that.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM, I spent a lot of time reading about RFS bikes and learning the KTM alphabet. I'm getting ready to tear mine down to put in the 5th and 6th gear sets.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #56442
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

My Husqvarna is a pre-Electrolux, not the one you find at Lowe's, Rancher 55. From when they made real saws, the new ones are shit, mine will hang with a Stihl 290 all day long and use half the fuel. I also have some old McCullogh saws, but they are the KLR of chainsaws, may as well put a rope on a cement block.

Meeting at Danville on sunday at 11 for the usual shenanigans, bring your good tires, I have a feeling it's gonna be ugly....

Old 02-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #56443
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Thanks for the link, I did that on my Android tablet, must have messed it up somehow. I'll get a ride in this weekend, if its on the WRR, I'll be able to see how well it works.

Commuted on the WRR this am (it's only 4.5 miles), the Trakmaster stepped out on wet pavement at 35-40 mph. The pucker factor is pretty high during that maneuver.

Check your title when you get it. It may already say motorcycle.

Trick Dual Sport has a nice kit for that bike. I like the UFO tail light w/ blinkers that they offer and they have a voltage regulator upgrade to take your bike to a full DC system. Right now, the lights should be running on AC. You can set their kit up for quick removal of the tail light, headlight and turn signals so you don't have to worry about damaging that stuff in a harescramble.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #56444
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Check your title when you get it. It may already say motorcycle.

I think that some BMV's, when making the original title, don't know the difference and make them plateable right off the bat. I've seen two that were titled as street legal, but had no lights or other parts.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #56445
Danjal
Insert wit here.

OhioPT in the NEO thread has a 250 xc dual sported. I'm not up to date on my KTMonese,so I'm not sure if thats close to what you're after bike/motor wise.