Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #15976
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Since it's already been covered that there is nothing more to talk about in this
thread I don't feel like I'm derailing something that there is noting to derail. Right?
So...... here is what I walked into after work, snicker-doodles hot out of the
oven.

Home made lasagna and bread sticks. Make that 10 lbs I've lost.

I think your son's onto something. Better eat an apple before you leave the office!
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #15977
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
I think your son's onto something. Better eat an apple before you leave the office!
How does Plurics wife stay thin?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #15978
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons1 View Post
How does Plurics wife stay thin?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
It ain't the sex.

Wait, at least that I know about.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #15979
ballheadknuckle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
To get this back on track lets talk about some self made issues with the bike. Anyone got some insight in cutting the ugly rear fender licence plate mount piece he wants to share? Any tips or things to watch out?

For mounting the licence plate i already thought something up
ballheadknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:00 AM   #15980
BHumW
so many roads...

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Since it's already been covered that there is nothing more to talk about in this
thread I don't feel like I'm derailing something that there is noting to derail. Right?
So...... here is what I walked into after work, snicker-doodles hot out of the
oven.

Home made lasagna and bread sticks. Make that 10 lbs I've lost.

If you need someone to remove all that temptation...let me know. I can help.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #15981
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,466
it's a shame you live so far away from Catalunya. I could invite you yo the gastronomic event I organize at the end of this month. Pluric could recover this wheight that uses to test the ST rims and his wife to learn new recipes from the best chefs in the world.

http://2013.forumgirona.com/programa-inicio
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #15982
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballheadknuckle View Post
To get this back on track lets talk about some self made issues with the bike. Anyone got some insight in cutting the ugly rear fender licence plate mount piece he wants to share? Any tips or things to watch out?

It must be even colder there than here.

Looks are such a personal thing. I couldn't even remember what the rear fender looks
like without checking it out again. What you have concept wise looks to have strong
mounting points. I guess it's kind of a "If it ain't broke" thing. From what we are finding
out as owners we may have to wait a long tiime for something to break to have to fix it.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #15983
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballheadknuckle View Post

Here you are:

http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/ind...95229#msg95229

jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #15984
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
it's a shame you live so far away from Catalunya. I could invite you yo the gastronomic event I organize at the end of this month. Pluric could recover this wheight that uses to test the ST rims and his wife to learn new recipes from the best chefs in the world.

http://2013.forumgirona.com/programa-inicio
Everyone knows "Anyone can cook" Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

(I'm reminded daily by the grandkid watching it over and over)

Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #15985
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,107
Amigos! Saludos from Virginia!
It is with very mixed emotions that I am selling my faithful '05 R1200GS tonight. "GSPDBILL" has rented a trailer, and is leaving Nashville now to pick her up (18 hours round trip!). I have read most of this thread and you seem very satisfied with your Teneres! Many of the ones I have seen for sale in the FM are being sold due to job, money or "wanting a smaller bike" issues. Besides the weight, I have heard nothing but good things about the S10. I have corresponded via PM to ask some questions from a couple of you and I thank you for your time.
Anyways, I am posting to request your eyes and ears. I have narrowed my hunt to a few models, of course the S10 being in the top three along with the F800GS and the 800 Tiger. The S10 gets many bonus points over the other two due to tubeless tires, shaft drive, four dealers within 30 minutes, legendary Yamaha reliability and price!
I keep my eyes on CL, eBay and the Flea Market every day, but if any of you have or hear of any S10's for sale in the lower 48 states, please send me a PM, thanks!

P.S. The best new deal I have found is $11,499+Tax, title, tag on a leftover 2012.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #15986
TH
There and Here

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
It is with very mixed emotions that I am selling my faithful '05 R1200GS tonight. "GSPDBILL" has rented a trailer, and is leaving Nashville now to pick her up (18 hours round trip!). I have read most of this thread and you seem very satisfied with your Teneres! Many of the ones I have seen for sale in the FM are being sold due to job, money or "wanting a smaller bike" issues. Besides the weight, I have heard nothing but good things about the S10. I have corresponded via PM to ask some questions from a couple of you and I thank you for your time.
Anyways, I am posting to request your eyes and ears. I have narrowed my hunt to a few models, of course the S10 being in the top three along with the F800GS and the 800 Tiger. The S10 gets many bonus points over the other two due to tubeless tires, shaft drive, four dealers within 30 minutes, legendary Yamaha reliability and price!
I keep my eyes on CL, eBay and the Flea Market every day, but if any of you have or hear of any S10's for sale in the lower 48 states, please send me a PM, thanks!

P.S. The best new deal I have found is $11,499+Tax, title, tag on a leftover 2012.
Hell, I don't know if this is proper or not. But take a look at the for sale section of www.yamahasupertenere.com. There are several for sale over there. Including a couple with some nice Micatech bags on them. In otherwords, they are already pre-farkled.

Since you are in VA, you could always go over the Romney Cycles in Romeny WV. Not to far away, and they usually have some pretty good prices.
NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #15987
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
From a few pages back I thought someone had said the Flea Market had 6 of them listed.

The obvious advantage would be used could have luggage or other farkles included
and discounted. The really good news is there isn't much to worry about buying
used for how well they are holding out on dependability. Maybe ask if a reflash has
been done or not. I won't suggest a color due to the sensitive nature of the alternative
life stylers around here.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #15988
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:

TBH, I would no fret over the 'leftover' bit. Aside from the colour, there are no differences.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #15989
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:

You have a pm
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #15990
ballheadknuckle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Thanks, i knew yours from the other thread in here. But that link provided some useful details.
I just was in garage and did cut it with the dremel, worked like a charm :-)
ballheadknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote