User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #5761
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,304
Just picked up dead space 3, great sci fi game. Great atmosphere, thinks aliens meets event horizon with a little pandorm mixed in. Picks up after 2. I feel that other than a few online shooters the dead space series are the best games on the ps3 or xbox.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #5762
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Anybody here playing Planetside 2?

I spent $1500 on a gaming rig just to play this game. I haven't had a gaming PC in over a decade but when I saw the reviews and footage of Planetside 2 I had to get it. This game is so epic.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #5763
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Anybody here playing Planetside 2?

I spent $1500 on a gaming rig just to play this game. I haven't had a gaming PC in over a decade but when I saw the reviews and footage of Planetside 2 I had to get it. This game is so epic.
Yep. Mentioned it a few pages back, but nobody else said there were playing it.

I'm TR on SolTech. Playername: YakSpout (surprise!)
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #5764
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,396
i bought a wii. the force unleashed is kicking my butt. i am a dork. i never thought i would break a sweat playing nintendo.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #5765
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pollo View Post
i bought a wii. the force unleashed is kicking my butt. i am a dork. i never thought i would break a sweat playing nintendo.
Great game on XBox, what are the controls like on Wii? Do you have to do physical gestures for the moves?

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #5766
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Great game on XBox, what are the controls like on Wii? Do you have to do physical gestures for the moves?
i probably look like the fat kid on that video .... but i play with also a 5 pound weight in each hand
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #5767
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pollo View Post
i probably look like the fat kid on that video .... but i play with also a 5 pound weight in each hand
Don't ever let go of anything while playing.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #5768
ScorpioVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
Yep. Mentioned it a few pages back, but nobody else said there were playing it.

I'm TR on SolTech. Playername: YakSpout (surprise!)

I'm playing NC in Helios.

The game has such a steep learning curve but holy crap it's all kinds of fun. Within the 10 minutes I got squadded with a platoon of tanks. I hopped into somebody's tank to AG for them. It was like an old school Command and Conquer tank rush, only the tanks were manned by individual players. The amount of players and action was just plain ridiculous. So confusing but so awesome.

Last night I got squadded in with an awesome crew. All we were doing was doing sneak attacks behind enemy lines, capturing unmanned bases. A dozen guys load up in a Galaxy, sneak around the front lines and hit them from the rear. Deploy, capture, back in the Galaxy and head for the next base. If the Galaxy gets blown up one of the infiltrators hacks a terminal and gets us a Sunderer to plod around in. I've never seen that kind of teamwork in a game before.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #5769
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,819
So, a friend of mine is wanting us to get a racing game for the XBox to play online. I am thinking Forza 4 since it has been out 1.5 years now and should be found pretty cheap for what was reviewed as a good game. Is that the route we should go? Or are there better racers out there
Old 02-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #5770
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
So, a friend of mine is wanting us to get a racing game for the XBox to play online. I am thinking Forza 4 since it has been out 1.5 years now and should be found pretty cheap for what was reviewed as a good game. Is that the route we should go? Or are there better racers out there
I like the Dirt series myself.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #5771
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Quote:
I'm playing NC in Helios.

The game has such a steep learning curve but holy crap it's all kinds of fun. Within the 10 minutes I got squadded with a platoon of tanks. I hopped into somebody's tank to AG for them. It was like an old school Command and Conquer tank rush, only the tanks were manned by individual players. The amount of players and action was just plain ridiculous. So confusing but so awesome.

Last night I got squadded in with an awesome crew. All we were doing was doing sneak attacks behind enemy lines, capturing unmanned bases. A dozen guys load up in a Galaxy, sneak around the front lines and hit them from the rear. Deploy, capture, back in the Galaxy and head for the next base. If the Galaxy gets blown up one of the infiltrators hacks a terminal and gets us a Sunderer to plod around in. I've never seen that kind of teamwork in a game before.
Massive battles at The Crown are insane, but I like the sneaky behind-the-lanes caps, too.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #5772
ScorpioVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
Massive battles at The Crown are insane, but I like the sneaky behind-the-lanes caps, too.

I need to go to flight school. I like flying around but gravity doesn't like me. I somehow managed to flip a Reaver upside down while on the ground last night. There should be an achievement for that.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #5773
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Quote:
I need to go to flight school. I like flying around but gravity doesn't like me. I somehow managed to flip a Reaver upside down while on the ground last night. There should be an achievement for that.
Well done, sir!

Flying definitely takes practice. Fly around inside the warpgate where you can't take damage or inflict damage on friendlies. It's a decent place to learn.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #5774
SJSharkfan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post

Forza 4 is pretty good. It tries to be a"real" simulation game. Personally I like tweaking the settings and upgrading to dial in my cars. If you end up getting it let me know. I have millions of $$$ and a ton of cars. I can send you a few cars to get you started. Ya, I played it way to much.

The new Forza "Horizon" game is totally different. More cartoony, but fun if you just want to rip around in a free environment.

If money is a concern get Forza 3. Not a huge difference to 4.

Dave
'02 R1150GS ADV "The Tank"

"I fire up the willing engine,responding with a roar.
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

"Red Barchetta" By RUSH
SJSharkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #5775
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Oddometer: 315
Is it just me? but Borderlands 2 is kicking my ass. I thought this game was supposed to be fun, I can't remember when I've been so close to flinging a controller across the room I'm playing as Zero and have got to level 18 but where are the kick-ass guns I hear about, I've died more in this game than in 2 play-throughs of Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined. I guess I am not Dragonslaying legend I thought I was Seriously though I'm almost ready to quit. Am I the only one having a hard time?

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: