User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
vlhugo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I give it up!

I just got estimate on my 07 gs from Twisted Throttle: $ 3442.00. Can't do it too much for me right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Preacher View Post
Just got off the phone with Dan at Dan Kyle racing working on a set of the Ohlin TTX's for my '09 GS.

The ESA version is $2,754.00 while the manual set is just over $2,000.

That is a new set of tires, an oil change and 3,000 miles worth of gas for the privilege of adjusting them with the push of a button.

I am one-up 99.5% of the time with the only real variables being panniers and luggage full or empty (100# of gear tops), and dirt or pavement.

Am I missing something here? Are there any significant problems going from ESA to the manual adjusters that I might not be considering?

Any advice welcomed.
vlhugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #17
Shred Head Fred
Captain Amstel

Oddometer: 53
Say what?

What the hell are you buying...I bought a new set of TTX's for my '07 Adv for $1938 (non ESA) I would reccommend the neoprene covers also for $70.
Shred Head Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
vlhugo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
here is it

See the response from Ohlins USA below. I looked over the installation instructions (see PDF), my best guess after reading them is @4 hours to install the shocks and the new Ohlins ECU that comes with the shocks. The shock kit is $3442 and will be available at the end of March. Let me know if you want to move forward with this project so we can put a deposit down and get the shock kit ordered.
Can you send me yours description? Thank you
Quote:
Just got off the phone with Dan at Dan Kyle racing working on a set of the Ohlin TTX's for my '09 GS.

That is a new set of tires, an oil change and 3,000 miles worth of gas for the privilege of adjusting them with the push of a button.

I am one-up 99.5% of the time with the only real variables being panniers and luggage full or empty (100# of gear tops), and dirt or pavement.

Am I missing something here? Are there any significant problems going from ESA to the manual adjusters that I might not be considering?

Any advice welcomed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head Fred View Post
What the hell are you buying...I bought a new set of TTX's for my '07 Adv for $1938 (non ESA) I would reccommend the neoprene covers also for $70.
vlhugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #19
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer: 5,848
Quote:

Any advice welcomed.
This is precisely the direction I will be going when my ESAs shit the bed. Simpler, straightforward, and they meet 99% of my riding preferences.

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote