Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #1441
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot3 View Post
The quality of the book is outstanding and the content.......Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Thank you again AntiHero.
p3
Great to hear. I still haven't held a copy in my hands! (Still on the road.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBruiser View Post
Just finished up your thread AH, amazing reading and I am so glad I StubledUpon it randomly. Just a thought about future trips, have you ever considered starting an account on a fundraising site? I can't speak for anyone else on here, but I know I would donate some cash to keep reading your RR's...Just a thought...Again, love your story, and I am super bummed its over.

Also was bummed you missed Zion National Park and the southern canyon land areas in Utah, thats some beautiful country.
I hadn't thought about a fundraising site, but I did contemplate a kickstarter project to support a European tour of duty. :) If anyone has any ideas or experience there, I'm all ears.

I'm bummed, too, FJ--I have nightmares that the trip is over--and then I wake up and realize it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx View Post
Is it just me and my left brain focus but does anyone else find it amusing that the tracks of your trip with " An Italian Supermodel" take final form in the shape of a big beautiful Italian red smiling lips...............jusayin
Nice catch. Didn't see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrag View Post
Damn that camera of yours takes some nice crisp photos. Hard to believe it is just a pocket cam.
Yeah, I'm still amazed at what it can do. The video it takes is incredible as well. I should get a mount and attach it to the bike for onboard video.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #1442
smiler147
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Oh Yes

Yep, you got me, I'm in, sounds, looks, feels fantastick. Craic on dude.
smiler147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #1443
salcar
Riding 4 Health

Oddometer: 1,075
Great RR!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #1444
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx View Post
Is it just me and my left brain focus but does anyone else find it amusing that the tracks of your trip with " An Italian Supermodel" take final form in the shape of a big beautiful Italian red smiling lips...............jusayin
actually I thought the track resembled a bit the outline of "hang loose"

guess we all have our own interpretations, its kinda like a Rorschach inkblot test
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #1445
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,347
Received the (coffee table) book today .....can't wait to read thru it...but thinking that it will push me over the edge and into the dealership to buy a Panigale.

The book does look great. Congrats and continued success,
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #1446
VMSfan
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hope again

Hey there AntiHero,

Great read! You completed something that I was so close to being able to do myself, even got the OK from my wife to do so until doing the "right thing" backfired and turned our lives upside down (see http://vmsfan.blogspot.com/2012/09/t...eing-hero.html)

But reading this and seeing the pics, gives hope and inspiration that once I have recovered...to start back on track to completing my dream...like you - a solo round robin of the USA by bike.

It is the opportunity to see the good in what others can and will do for the benefit of others and to taste the raw beauty of what our great nation has hidden.

If you do decide to hit up a Pacific NW trip, let me kow. While I still have a spare room, it can be yours plus anything you may want to see or do here, I could point you in a direction.

Definately need to get a copy of your book.

Cheers!
Aaron
VMSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #1447
JakeS
Yup

Oddometer: 456
Great job!
This RR has had some of the best insight i have ever heard, made me think about things in my life i never really thought of before and was really a mentally opening read...

Where is the book?
Did i miss a section where to order it?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #1448
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
Received the (coffee table) book today .....can't wait to read thru it...but thinking that it will push me over the edge and into the dealership to buy a Panigale.
The book does look great. Congrats and continued success,
Just make sure you post a pic here if you do get one! :) And happy you like the book. I'm still moving around a bit, so I haven't seen a copy yet! Soon, soon.

Aaron: Sorry to hear about the foot. And the financial disruption caused by the injury. Appreciate the offer, though. And like you, I am also waiting for the moment when I can take off and do another long trip. If I head up North I'll let you know.

Thanks for the feedback, Jake. Book links are in my sig.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #1449
JakeS
Yup

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Jake. Book links are in my sig.
Ahh no wonder i dont see it i have the sigs turned off...
Thanks
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #1450
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
How did I miss this thread! Brillian trip, simply brilliant! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #1451
guavadude
de-composer

Oddometer: 627
Just a quick thanks for taking the time and effort to post this and take us along with you. I've been reading off and on for months now and that shot of the Duc in storage makes me physically ill. I know it won't be long before Spring lures her out again.

Travel safe.
guavadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #1452
Dunewar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
I see a european trip is considered. I would be very interested in seeing your experience of the old continent. Don't underestimate the cultural differences so close together. You have done thousands of miles and only seen American people that all speak english (sort of), but if I go 40 miles south I'm in France, and 40 miles north and I'm in Holland. Not only does language differ, but also cultural differences are much bigger than what you are used to.

I for one would be very keen to see what the great observer of the human nature that you are makes of this. I think you either go crazy or stay here permanently...

On another note : loved your ieas on limbic depravation. I am not an expert on this so i shall not comment, but great ideas. As a newborn I spent three months in a special chamber, and I recognise what you describe, albeit not that problematic (my parents could take me out and cuddle from time to time).

And one final remark : I admire the people that take trips like this, and under different circumstances I would have done so also, but now I have chosen to live the live of a proud father, taking trips to the zoo instead. Not one ounce of regret, mind you, but I greatly appreciate the non-judgemental character of your writing. I am sick of tired of so-called adventurers calling us "sheep" simply because we made other choices. I love my babies and will never regret that choice.
Dunewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #1453
motopat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
97 pages, loved it!
"Right here, right now"
Amazing how four words can change your attitude at any given moment.
Thanks for the huge effort and bringing us all along for the ride.
Happy trails
motopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #1454
Squidbrah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Finally done after 3 days of reading. Enjoyed every bit of it and I just bought a hard copy of your book. I hope it goes towards making another great RR for us to indulge in.

I'm going to share your story with anyone that's having trouble getting off their ass and "living". So many people sit around and waste their lives while the opportunity to see the world is right in front of them.
Squidbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #1455
pubetmaster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Last week i recieved a copy of your book.

Thanks for the great RR and keep going on with that - you have a kind of typing your words to bound someones mind to the story forgettin most of his surroundings.

Thanks Anti !

pubetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote