Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #16
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
It added a nice sound to it. It's just a cheap Emgo slip-on muffler I bought from Dennis Kirk for about 60 dollars or so. I just ceramic coated it and the headpipe to tone down the look a bit. As you can tell with the black powdercoating and ceramic coating, I'm slowly removing all of the shiny from the bike. I need to pull the wheels off and powdercoat them too.

I've since built a rear rack for the bike to give it some utility.

A nice and functional addition.
That is going to be a swell motorcycle.

Now I ponder on coating the exhaust on mine too. Will do a photoshop test for a preview.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #17
overredtich OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
Good news. All models now have a kickstarter.
The C5 (bullet classic) of 2010 & 2011 and its derivative C5 military missed it which caused much heart sore. Especially since all other models did have the cool factor. Hence the Classic now comes complete.
Oh no! Because of the price (7000 for a new one in austria), I have to buy a used one. Like I said, I found a Classic in my area for 4200. But it doesn't have a kickstarter .
Now the question is: Wait and hope someone will sell his RE, or buy it and maybe sell it again when there's anothere for sale? Hmm...

Sweet bike by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
It added a nice sound to it. It's just a cheap Emgo slip-on muffler I bought from Dennis Kirk for about 60 dollars or so. I just ceramic coated it and the headpipe to tone down the look a bit. As you can tell with the black powdercoating and ceramic coating, I'm slowly removing all of the shiny from the bike. I need to pull the wheels off and powdercoat them too.

I've since built a rear rack for the bike to give it some utility.
Nice! Can you post some sound examples? Really looks great!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,139
[QUOTE=overredtich;20660647]Oh no! Because of the price (7000 for a new one in austria), I have to buy a used one. Like I said, I found a Classic in my area for 4200. But it doesn't have a kickstarter .
Now the question is: Wait and hope someone will sell his RE, or buy it and maybe sell it again when there's anothere for sale? Hmm...

/QUOTE]

Sadly, the classic is the most expensive in the range.
I did look around a bit and have not seen any classic yet with kickstarter. Is Europe at the bottom of the shipping list.? That could take a while before one is on the used market.

If a kickstarter is essential to you (and why wouldn't it?) why not go for one of the other models? The Bullet Standard certainly has the vintage look, even more traditional than the classic, and -important- with kicker. It is also the cheapest in the range. (e5500-e6500).

To be honest, I did not like it on picture, but I changed my mind after viewing it in the 'flesh'.
Bottom line: happy hunting then happy thumping
Old 02-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #19
overredtich OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
[QUOTE=Rango;20664627]
Quote:
Originally Posted by overredtich View Post
Sadly, the classic is the most expensive in the range.
I did look around a bit and have not seen any classic yet with kickstarter. Is Europe at the bottom of the shipping list.? That could take a while before one is on the used market.

If a kickstarter is essential to you (and why wouldn't it?) why not go for one of the other models? The Bullet Standard certainly has the vintage look, even more traditional than the classic, and -important- with kicker. It is also the cheapest in the range. (e5500-e6500).

To be honest, I did not like it on picture, but I changed my mind after viewing it in the 'flesh'.
Bottom line: happy hunting then happy thumping
Thank you. I really, really like the look of the classic. So at the moment it has to be that model :) . But let's see, what people are going to sell. Thank's for the tip anyway!