Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #5776
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK View Post
Is it just me? but Borderlands 2 is kicking my ass. I thought this game was supposed to be fun, I can't remember when I've been so close to flinging a controller across the room I'm playing as Zero and have got to level 18 but where are the kick-ass guns I hear about, I've died more in this game than in 2 play-throughs of Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined. I guess I am not Dragonslaying legend I thought I was Seriously though I'm almost ready to quit. Am I the only one having a hard time?
What system are you playing on?

I played it alone for a while and hit some areas I could not clear by myself. I opened the game to public and had some strangers drop in and lighten my struggles. I made some friends along the way they have hooked me up with weapons and gear. I now find it more fun to coop play than going solo.

Try it out online.

Joe
Old 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #5777
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post
What system are you playing on?

I played it alone for a while and hit some areas I could not clear by myself. I opened the game to public and had some strangers drop in and lighten my struggles. I made some friends along the way they have hooked me up with weapons and gear. I now find it more fun to coop play than going solo.

Try it out online.

Joe
Xbox 360
I really prefer playing solo, but get the impression this game is more geared for coop play. There's a lot of places I'm having fun, but there's others I seem to be having a hard time getting through without a high rate of dying. Thinking about restarting as the commando, the turrets look like they could be helpful.

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #5778
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Xbox 360
I really prefer playing solo, but get the impression this game is more geared for coop play. There's a lot of places I'm having fun, but there's others I seem to be having a hard time getting through without a high rate of dying. Thinking about restarting as the commando, the turrets look like they could be helpful.

Much like in real life, some experiences are better with friends.

I've had 4 months of hilarity playing Borderlands 2 with friends, real life friends that is.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #5779
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,292
I play Borderlands 2 on the PC.....Zero is the toughest toon to play in the game, because he doesn't get any self heal skills until tier 3 or 4 in his skill tree. Axton is easier to play and, if you have the DLC, Gaige is so OP that it's easy. And yes, it's even more fun to play in co-op....the baddies get harder and the loot gets better.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #5780
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Much like in real life, some experiences are better with friends.

I've had 4 months of hilarity playing Borderlands 2 with friends, real life friends that is.
Friends huh? might have too look into to that I'm starting to see how it could enhance the experience.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #5781
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I play Borderlands 2 on the PC.....Zero is the toughest toon to play in the game, because he doesn't get any self heal skills until tier 3 or 4 in his skill tree. Axton is easier to play and, if you have the DLC, Gaige is so OP that it's easy. And yes, it's even more fun to play in co-op....the baddies get harder and the loot gets better.
3 votes for coop! Yeah Zero seems to be low in defensive capabilities, but the thought of starting over also seems daunting. I guess I'm too used to being almost god-like after way too many hrs on Skyrim.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #5782
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Xbox 360
Damn, I'm on PS3. I think the siren, the soldier and the mechromancer are the the best ones to play, but it seems in the coop play each character in the game brings something to the table worth having.

Joe
Old 02-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #5783
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post
Damn, I'm on PS3. I think the siren, the soldier and the mechromancer are the the best ones to play, but it seems in the coop play each character in the game brings something to the table worth having.

Joe
And I picked the assassin.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #5784
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
And I picked the assassin.

Zero is one of the most lethal characters in B2. I had great success playing melee zero until Level 35 or so in the second playthrough, then everything was a bitch to kill. But before that my friends would complain because I would kill everything before they'd even get there. I was literally dealing millions in damage with Killing Blow. Many must fall was awesome because you can pretty much line all the bad guys up and chain the kills together. In Fink's Slaughterhouse I would literally cut down half the bad guys in the room all by myself.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...erlands-2.aspx

If you want some assist you can always friend me and drop me a message on XBL (same username) if I'm on. I'm mostly playing Planetside 2 these days but if I'm vegging on the couch I'm down for some Borderlands. I have 2 Level 50 characters, and some lower level ones. I think I have like 7 characters to store all the Legendary guns.

Oh, I also have like 35 Golden keys still that I have no use for and I'm willing to share, you just have to be close to the same level as whatever character I'm going to unlock the chest with.

ScorpioVI screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 03:39 PM
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #5785
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Quote:
Zero is one of the most lethal characters in B2. I had great success playing melee zero until Level 35 or so in the second playthrough, then everything was a bitch to kill. But before that my friends would complain because I would kill everything before they'd even get there. I was literally dealing millions in damage with Killing Blow. Many must fall was awesome because you can pretty much line all the bad guys up and chain the kills together. In Fink's Slaughterhouse I would literally cut down half the bad guys in the room all by myself.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...erlands-2.aspx

If you want some assist you can always friend me and drop me a message on XBL (same username) if I'm on. I'm mostly playing Planetside 2 these days but if I'm vegging on the couch I'm down for some Borderlands. I have 2 Level 50 characters, and some lower level ones. I think I have like 7 characters to store all the Legendary guns.

Oh, I also have like 35 Golden keys still that I have no use for and I'm willing to share, you just have to be close to the same level as whatever character I'm going to unlock the chest with.
Thanks for that link, appreciate your help. Actually looking forward to getting back after it.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #5786
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,551
Quote:
Is it just me? but Borderlands 2 is kicking my ass. I thought this game was supposed to be fun, I can't remember when I've been so close to flinging a controller across the room I'm playing as Zero and have got to level 18 but where are the kick-ass guns I hear about, I've died more in this game than in 2 play-throughs of Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined. I guess I am not Dragonslaying legend I thought I was Seriously though I'm almost ready to quit. Am I the only one having a hard time?
You might be going a bit too fast, try getting some lower level quests at first (stick to the green ones) and keep in mind what your hero's abilities are and act accordingly, Zero is a sniper, get close to the enemies and they will make quick work off you.. Lvl 18 is very low level to get epic drops, you will start to see better stats on the weapons as you move on and very soon you will have a hard time choosing what to leave behind.. Some bosses will give you a hard time, they're supposed to do that anyway but game designers really went to town with some...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #5787
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,551
Quote:
I had great success playing melee zero
Yeah, there are 3 skill trees, I went all sniper but you can build for melee as well..
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #5788
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
You might be going a bit too fast, try getting some lower level quests at first (stick to the green ones) and keep in mind what your hero's abilities are and act accordingly, Zero is a sniper, get close to the enemies and they will make quick work off you.. Lvl 18 is very low level to get epic drops, you will start to see better stats on the weapons as you move on and very soon you will have a hard time choosing what to leave behind.. Some bosses will give you a hard time, they're supposed to do that anyway but game designers really went to town with some...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Yeah, there are 3 skill trees, I went all sniper but you can build for melee as well..
I went back and started as Axton, it's going much better, I'm actually having fun. I usually play stealthy,"Thief" style but that didn't seem to work, so now it's turret out and pick-em off while they're distracted

Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #5789
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
I went back and started as Axton, it's going much better, I'm actually having fun. I usually play stealthy,"Thief" style but that didn't seem to work, so now it's turret out and pick-em off while they're distracted
As he said though, you still want to make sure you do as many side quests as possible. If you don't level up your guy you won't be able to use the good guns. When I went through the game I figured this out as the guns I was picking up from guys I was killing were a higher level than I was, meaning I could not use them.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #5790
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
As he said though, you still want to make sure you do as many side quests as possible. If you don't level up your guy you won't be able to use the good guns. When I went through the game I figured this out as the guns I was picking up from guys I was killing were a higher level than I was, meaning I could not use them.
Doing all the side quests I can. I'm paying closer attention to the mission levels and trying be a couple of levels above them. Also the gun stats can be misleading, I've had better success with some of the lower DAM rated ones, didn't even try Flint's tinderbox the first time, but it's more lethal than it's rating would have me believe.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: