Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
Mr_Snips
Husky BRAAAAAAAAP!

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Wrong. It isn't the suspension. It's the size and weight they carry. I'd say most of them are pushing 600lbs or more full of gas and with a bunch of stuff bolted onto them. They call them Adventure Bikes. What they are, is street bikes with high handlebars. I notice the BMW guys are all butthurt, and saying that they do this, they do that. You can do all this shit on a ZX-10, a 69 CB750, a moped, and everything else. I believe the original posters intent was that people are getting hurt, shit, some of them are probably even getting killed, because they think they are on dirt bikes. They are not dirt bikes. Remember the old days when all you had was a step-through 90? You got that fucker everywhere. If you really tried, you could get an Escalade most anywhere, but the point was, some people are falling for the marketing "I'm an Adventurer", and I'm helping the accessories manufacturers send their kids to Stanford by buying all this stuff that makes my bike an Adventure Bike.

I was at our local dealer a while back, and I saw some guy refer to a Triumph Explorer as a "dirtbike". It isn't any more dirtbike than a G/S. A worthy streetbike, comfortable, wind protection, bags and whatnot, but I just can't imagine laying underneath any of those fuckers on the side of a hill somewhere.

If you really want to boogie off road, get a dirt bike. I've got both, I used to have an XR650L, but even that was too big to really get it on in the dirt.

If you really think you can get a zx10 the same places a gsa or ktm adv bike will go you are crazy. They are not dirtbikes, i dont think anyone here will argue that a GSA will keep up with a dirtbike through whoops or anything like that...but you can most certaintly get through the whoops with no issues on a GSA. You can climb hills like a dirtbike but not as quickly and you will need to be a little more prudent with line choice. But to say a zx10 is just as capable as a GSA is naive
Mr_Snips is offline   Reply With Quote