Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #5791
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharkfan View Post
Forza 4 is pretty good. It tries to be a"real" simulation game. Personally I like tweaking the settings and upgrading to dial in my cars. If you end up getting it let me know. I have millions of $$$ and a ton of cars. I can send you a few cars to get you started. Ya, I played it way to much.

The new Forza "Horizon" game is totally different. More cartoony, but fun if you just want to rip around in a free environment.

If money is a concern get Forza 3. Not a huge difference to 4.
Hey Thanks! However, my friends went ahead and bought Dirt Showdown, so I did as well. I have only played once so far, but so long as you are playing with friends it looks like it will be fun.

Lots of laughs and trash talking
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #5792
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,565
Never start playing Skyrim again......hours seem to just disappear

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #5793
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Yeah, I did that back in November.
Now I made the mistake of picking up where I left off on my second play through on New Vegas. I found the spot where you can jump through the normal map edge and walk around to get up to the spaceship.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #5794
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,345
Should you preorder videogames?

UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #5795
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
I typically do not, unless these two caveats are met: 1) It has to be a game I have been looking forward to, and not one that I just heard about and said "Oh, cool." 2) The press or at least popular gamers have to have a pre-release copy and have given it high reviews.

If those circumstances are met, then I may pre-order. Typically, there is no incentive to preorder and with the sometimes sporatic download speeds of the DSL at my house it is easier to just stop by Wal-Mart on the way home from work on release day.

The reason for the above is that I just do not sit around and play games all the time. The games I play I typically get into pretty well, I just do not have time to get fully immersed in every blockbuster that comes out. I think I have played 4 games in the past year, but have really enjoyed them all.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #5796
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
I'm usually one who waits for reviews too. There were only two games last year that I preordered, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored. Just the other day I pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto V from Gamestop. I tend to pre-order games that I'm really looking forward to, franchises and developers and studios who I know are going to do a great job (Bethesda, Rock Star, etc.).

Mostly I just look at game magazines when I'm in the can and see what catches my eye. If there's an interesting/decent preview, I'll keep an eye on it. If it gets good reviews, I'll buy it, usually after it's already out.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #5797
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:

Not unless it's something I know I'm going to buy, anyway. Any of the Halo or Gears of War, or Dead Space franchises, for instance. You can usually get some kind of free in-game shwag like maps, weapons, or armor for pre-orders these days.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #5798
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

The only game I pre-ordered in the last 10+ years was NHL 12, and I'll do it again for 14.

I got Borderlands 2 for 25 bucks on black Friday (on Amazon so I still got to be lazy ) and Assassins Creed 3 for free with my video card. For games like that there's no real reason not to wait for deals in my opinion. Borderlands 2 was borderline with it.....but everyone I know is so obsessive with that game that they are willing to make new characters whenever I get around to playing it.

NHL is different since I have 4 friends who get it the day it comes out and when we play together it's always on the newest one. The transitions in game play from 11 to 12 to 13 were big enough where you'll have to spend the 1st period just readjusting and messing up non-stop.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #5799
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
DragonBorn DLC?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #5800
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
DragonBorn DLC?
Still on the main game, I put it in every few months and binge for a few days.....then realize I need to be at least a semi functional member of society

There are other games like the Assassins Creed series and Borderlands being 2 that I will just play for a ridiculous amount of time, but Skyrim is something else. Time just seems to fly by while I stare at the screen.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #5801
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 762
Quote:

Fallout 4
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #5802
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
Fallout 4
I'll schedule at least a few days vacation for its release.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #5803
ScorpioVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I'll schedule at least a few days vacation for its release.

Seriously, a week off for that.

Anything Fallout or Elder Scrolls and I may as well take some time off work because I won't get shit done anyway.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #5804
ScorpioVI

Some screenshots from Planetside 2. This game is just flat out ridiculous, I don't think I've seen more than 400 players fighting at the same time (supposedly the server handles 2000 players) but it's just pure chaos on some of the base assaults.

This takes talent. You can see the guy typing "CAN YOU GIVE ME A NUDGE?" in the chat.

Our platoon was trying to take the base on the other side of this ridge but the enemy was wreaking havoc on our armor with their rocket launchers.

Another base assault, our guys taking advantage of what little cover they can find. I'm in a Skyguard (Anti-Air) Lightning this time.

Friendly air support.

Found myself caught behind enemy lines when our assault failed. Ran out of missiles for my launcher but I wasn't done yet. The enemy was regrouping for a counterattack. So I camped their vehicle spawn, when they'd walk up to get a vehicle I'd take them out with my LMG. Takes about 5 shots to put them down and my LMG is ridiculous inaccurate at burst fire, so I had to fire one shot at a time. That black speck under my red dot is a dead guy, their vehicle spawn is on the left.

The unscoped view:

One guy caught on to what I was doing so he was sneaking behind the rocks trying to catch me from behind, only I wasn't on those rocks. He's just to the right of my dot. Easier to see on the original.

One dead VS Infiltrator. Sniping is so delicious in this game because of the physics, bullets actually drop at distance, so when you estimate the distance just right it's so satisfying when you get the kill.

Our squad gathering up for an armored assault. A dozen Vanguard and Lightning tanks, plus a Sunderer APC and Galaxy drop ships in the background to insert Infantry directly into the base.

ScorpioVI screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 01:40 PM
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #5805
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Just in case any of you are interested, Amazon has Dead Space 3 for US$39.99, today.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ad%20space%203

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: