User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
donaldlav OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Chain Slider for Gran Canyons and Navigator

I am looking to have chain sliders reproduced from more durable material by a member on this site, Dewey. The chain slider I have is part # 800087356. The package says it's for Navigator but I think it is also for the Gran Canyon. Can anyone supply me with a picture for confirmation of the Gran Canyon's slider before I finalize the order? They are definately different from the Cagiva/Ducati Elefant chain slider I have.

Thanks, Donald LaVigne
donaldlav@yahoo.com
donaldlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Pajss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlav View Post
I am looking to have chain sliders reproduced from more durable material by a member on this site, Dewey. The chain slider I have is part # 800087356. The package says it's for Navigator but I think it is also for the Gran Canyon. Can anyone supply me with a picture for confirmation of the Gran Canyon's slider before I finalize the order? They are definately different from the Cagiva/Ducati Elefant chain slider I have.

Thanks, Donald LaVigne
donaldlav@yahoo.com

Mine is off and I've had no sucess at trying to match it with something in the U.S.A. I'll snap i pic in a couple of day and try to send it to you. OH.....Just got a new smart phone and will try it that way, PM me with a phone number and I'll text it to you if your in the US
Kary
2000 GC
Pajss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Pajss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Wicked

Quote:

Thanks, Donald LaVigne
donaldlav@yahoo.com
Ok i have pic's, I'll send them to your Yahoo act. Are you on the GC yahoo forum ? As I remember one of the members imported a Navi piece for his GC and I have not heard that it DIDN'T fit, so we should be good to go. I know that there should be at least 4/5 of us GC owners that would want one.
Kary
2000 GC
Pajss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
RMac
Cheese!

Oddometer: 1,793
Quote:

Thanks, Donald LaVigne
donaldlav@yahoo.com
The Gran Canyon Parts Fiche lists the exact same part number that you have, 800087356.

RMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #5
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
I have a Navigator and I am quite sure, that the swing arm of both models are the same.
But I can ask a buddy who can find out the part-numbers and compare both.
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
flemsmith
lurk

Oddometer: 510
I have one uninstalled....

I bought it from Dipi Moto in Holland. I haven't installed it yet because I had previously bought one off a Husky that didn't exactly fit and I mated it and a portion of the old one with RTV, seems to be working fine for now. So far as I can tell, it's exactly the same as the original, dunno if it is really for a Navigator or not. Sounds like you have the pix you need, but PM me if that not true.

roy
flemsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #7
chaos616
Motorbike Man

Oddometer: 86
Parts...for a gc...

I don't know if I can help or not, but I would be interested in one as I believe a lot of folks over on the Cagiva Gran Canyon Yahoo group site would be, and or just about everyone who owns a GC in the US...if someone already mentioned this than...

Just wanted to let people know there is interest and appreciation for all the hard work you guys are doing on this.

Cheers,