Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman

Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblio View Post
Is Baja Bound generally considered the best deal on insurance? I'm heading to Baja from Denver for three weeks, starting March 5.
Update on recent Mexican liability laws (this is an excerpt from an email just received today):

IMPORTANT NOTICE

There have been changes to your HDI Seguros Mexican insurance policy.

A recent change to Mexico's Federal Law has increased liability exposure to policyholders in case of fatalities to third parties. Generally, the new law has increased criminal and civil liability limits by seven (7) times the previous amounts in case of death. Most Mexican states have different maximum limits that may be paid to a victim's family, however in some states a judge determines the limits.

In response to the new law, as of February 15, 2013, HDI Seguros has retroactively added excess liability coverage of U.S. $300K to all policies. This coverage is in addition to the liability coverage your policy already carries and will only pay for liability due to fatalities of third parties. The change is automatic and valid until the policy's expiration date. No action is necessary to change your policy unless due to the new law, you would like to increase your limits even higher.

Policies bought after February 15th, 2013 will not automatically include the $300K excess liability. When you renew your policy, it is important to consider higher liability limits due to the new law.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank You,

Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc.
www.bajabound.com
1-888-552-BAJA (2252)
(619) 702-4292
Fax: (888) 265-7834
service@bajabound.com

I purchased a 6 month policy at the end of last year, so it looks like I'm covered by their retroactive increase.

Next Trip: Divide & Conquer...

"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is offline   Reply With Quote