Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #496
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Shouldn't be an issue bob. That said, the QUADLOC lite harness on the R15 and R20 (which were designed with off-roading as the primary purpose, as opposed to the R25, which is more of an all-rounder) has - among other things - more adjustment built into the upper harness and tends to work better with body armor - especially neck braces (which I assume you could be wearing with a pressure suit). If you think you definitely need 25 liters of capacity, it might be worth considering an R20, with a US-5 strapped onto it.

I hope that helps, but do not hesitate to post up any further questions you may have.

Cheers,

Michael
Thanks for the feedback. I have been trying a vest for a while and want to go back to the back pack but really like how the vest is carried against the body.
The think I hate most about back packs is the chest strap[ is too high.... or maybe Im just fat.

i was lookling at the 25 because after seeing the 2 chest straps.

now I have to think???????? you give me too many choices
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #497
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have been trying a vest for a while and want to go back to the back pack but really like how the vest is carried against the body.
The think I hate most about back packs is the chest strap[ is too high.... or maybe Im just fat.

i was lookling at the 25 because after seeing the 2 chest straps.

now I have to think???????? you give me too many choices
Feel free to PM a contact number if you'd like me to call and learn more about your particular requirements, run through the gear in more detail and see if we can't find precisely the right pack for ya, bob!

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #498
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Mondo Sahara, Mucho Kriega!

Just got this special sneak peak at the upcoming film of Austin Vince's latest escapade, Mondo Sahara:

Oh, those crazy cats!

BritKit LLC
Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #499
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Feel free to PM a contact number if you'd like me to call and learn more about your particular requirements, run through the gear in more detail and see if we can't find precisely the right pack for ya, bob!
wow talk about wanting to make a customer happy, im impresed before spending any $$$$
pm sent
thanks
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #500
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to wear R25 backpack with the R8 bum bag without much interference?
I'm 190cm/6'2'' tall.
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #501
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to wear R25 backpack with the R8 bum bag without much interference?
I'm 190cm/6'2'' tall.
Hi Balkan,

The R25 does not have the primary adjustment in the upper harness that some of our other backpacks do, and can therefore sit a little too low to in combination with a waistpack.

If you want to use a waistpack as well as a backpack, I'd recommend the R20. This was designed to be used in this way and therefore is physically shorter and can be adjusted to sit higher on your back.

If you feel you really need 25 liters storage, you could always strap a US-5 onto the R20 to achieve that.

Hope that helps, but do let me know if you'd like any more detail.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 02-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #502
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Cheers Michael.

I, actually, have got an R25 for years and it's a great pack.
I want a waist pack for single day enduro rides, and some way to carry water bladder on my back.
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #503
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Cheers Michael.

I, actually, have got an R25 for years and it's a great pack.
I want a waist pack for single day enduro rides, and some way to carry water bladder on my back.
A few options for you in that case, mate!
  1. You could get an R3 and wear it 'back-to-front' (i.e. with the buckle at the back and the compartment facing forward) with the R25 (which can be fitted with one of our Hydrapak hydration systems, although the integration isn't as tidy as it is with our smaller packs).
  2. Grab an R15 or R20 and throw a Hydrapak in it.
  3. Opt for the R15 with a Hydrapak and also either the R3 or R8 waistpack.

All just depends on how much gear you need to haul and how much you want to spend. Personally, I reckon the R15 / Hydrapak combo should do it.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #504
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,565
Just threw my Overlander30 on the Super Enduro (more pics soon... ). From the shelf onto the bike, straps in place and tightened, ready to load... under 2 min. And no, I was not going at race pace, they are just that easy.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #505
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
I just ordered a Kriega Hydro-3 to replace my Camelbak hydration pack. The new style reservoir on the Camelbak is better than the old one but I think the Kriega will be better yet. Easier to fill, clean(which is a pain on the CB) and the extra liter will come in handy this summer.

I may order a US-5 to go along with it later.

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #506
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Just threw my Overlander30 on the Super Enduro (more pics soon... ). From the shelf onto the bike, straps in place and tightened, ready to load... under 2 min. And no, I was not going at race pace, they are just that easy.
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
I just ordered a Kriega Hydro-3 to replace my Camelbak hydration pack. The new style reservoir on the Camelbak is better than the old one but I think the Kriega will be better yet. Easier to fill, clean(which is a pain on the CB) and the extra liter will come in handy this summer.

I may order a US-5 to go along with it later.

... And nice!

Thanks for chiming in, VFR. I'm sure you'll be very pleased indeed with your upgrade. All the points you made are correct. And just wait until you try it on!

Welcome to the fold!

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #507
Steveo.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
I'm looking for a way to carry water, tools and a few odds and end on the dirt bike. Which would you suggest as my best option?

I need to carry 2 liters of water, snacks and some tools all the time on my KTM 250XC while out riding single track. I'll also be doing some hare scrambles and XC racing as well. May want to carry a windbreaker some days too. Other days I'm riding the same bike with my girls on their CRF50 and CRF70's and will carry all I had before, plus some extra stuff for first aid, clothing and snacks for 3. They carry their own water.

Since I can't see the Kriega stuff in person and it's tough to judge capacity from photos, I'd like to hear some opinoins.

Will the Hydra-3 fit a few tools, pump and can of slime or would I need the US5 strapped to it?

How about getting the R15 with bladder to fit all of it? Too big for racing? I have an R25 but it's too pretty (and big) to wear in the mud.

Maybe hard mount a US5 to the bike for the stuff that I would always carry and then add a 5 to the Hydra pack when I've got my girls out with me?

All opinions/options are appreciated. Thanks. ....Steve
Old 02-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #508
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo. View Post
I'm looking for a way to carry water, tools and a few odds and end on the dirt bike. Which would you suggest as my best option?

I need to carry 2 liters of water, snacks and some tools all the time on my KTM 250XC while out riding single track. I'll also be doing some hare scrambles and XC racing as well. May want to carry a windbreaker some days too. Other days I'm riding the same bike with my girls on their CRF50 and CRF70's and will carry all I had before, plus some extra stuff for first aid, clothing and snacks for 3. They carry their own water.

Since I can't see the Kriega stuff in person and it's tough to judge capacity from photos, I'd like to hear some opinoins.

Will the Hydra-3 fit a few tools, pump and can of slime or would I need the US5 strapped to it?

How about getting the R15 with bladder to fit all of it? Too big for racing? I have an R25 but it's too pretty (and big) to wear in the mud.

Maybe hard mount a US5 to the bike for the stuff that I would always carry and then add a 5 to the Hydra pack when I've got my girls out with me?

All opinions/options are appreciated. Thanks. ....Steve
Hi Steve,

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head there. My suggestion would be the Hydro-3 for racing and general hydration. It has 1-liter of storage space, in addition to the 3 liters of fluid capacity in the reservoir, so there's space to stash energy bars, compact tools / tubes or those odds and ends.

You could then go for one or two US-5s (each one has a 5-liter capacity). If you only wanted one, I could supply you with an extra set of straps free of charge, so you can bolt one set to your bike and have the others free for attaching the pack to your Hydro-3.

Or - as you say - you could have one on the bike with heavier stuff, e.g. tools (might be worth picking up a tool roll to ensure they don't rub through the bag over time), tubes etc, in it and the other ready to attach to the Hydro-3. So you could out the rain jacket, medical kit and other stuff in there. This would probably be the mots flexible solution.

Plenty of folks race with the R15, which has four-point compression so it snugs down fully when not completely loaded, but every ounce counts in competition, so I'd probably stick with the Hydro (and a US-5 on the bike if you need it) for that.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 02-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #509
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,316
Updated your thread title as per your request
Old 02-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #510