User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #60541
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
What do you guys think? ( Pic of an adorable little girl proudly by her new iron steed.)
I think God has blessed you with a little cutie pie. Enjoy her while you can... they grow up WAAAY too fast!

V-man
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #60542
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
What do you guys think?

I think you need to puts some boots on that kid. And you need to let me take that two smoker out for a ride. Looks like a hoot. I hope she takes to it. I bought my daughter an XR 100 when she was about 12 and sold it two years later. She probably rode it twice.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #60543
stuckin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
I think you need to puts some boots on that kid. And you need to let me take that two smoker out for a ride. Looks like a hoot. I hope she takes to it. I bought my daughter an XR 100 when she was about 12 and sold it two years later. She probably rode it twice.
So far she has put a lot of miles on her 90 four wheeler and has been riding her little bothers 70 with training wheels all over place. She loves to ride. Hopefully this one is not to much for her. we have a big grass/dirt place for her to try it out and get used to it.

If you guys have any advice on starting a kid with a clutch let me know.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #60544
ridewestKTM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,689
Looks good to me

Quote:
So far she has put a lot of miles on her 90 four wheeler and has been riding her little bothers 70 with training wheels all over place. She loves to ride. Hopefully this one is not to much for her. we have a big grass/dirt place for her to try it out and get used to it.

stuck
Like I said unless she is going to MX race put about 3 inches of header pipe in it.
For training with the clutch have her start in 2nd or 3rd a few times - teaches to fan. Another trick is to do a few feet at a time, teaches to let out and back in before letting it out all the way.

Looks fun.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #60545
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,443
It was freakin cold at that game...brrrrrrr. Martha and I (well me) wimped out and left at the 7th inning. I'm still not warm.
My SPOT - No tracks = not riding | Mapsource Tutorial | Husky TR650 Thread Index | Husky TR650 OEM and Interchangeable Parts List | Charter Member: T.O. Club | Voted - "Nicest Asshole you will ever meet" by my friends
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #60546
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
MartiniUp said:

Quote:
My 75 GS250 was purtier! And totally original except for the Works Performance shocks.
Well then... post pics of it! You know, put up or shut up!

Speaking of yours being a '75: Mine may have been a '75, too. I really can't remember. (Old age sucks, 'ya know!)

I purchased mine off Bill Hutchison over at Wheeler Kawasaki on Towson Ave in Ft. Smith back in the mid-70's... just can't remember the date any closer than that. It was Bill's personal woods scoot and he sold it to get something else. So, it was a model year old when I purchased it, I think? Bill had performed most of the mods, including the aluminum tank. I recall that I also received the OEM fiberglass tank with it, along with some other bits n' pieces.

SHOULDN'T have got rid of that one.

HOWEVER, in the interest of fairness, it DID have "warts". One thing I remember detesting was the stiff clutch (normal for that model engine) as well as some drag of same. (Again, all too common.) Didn't matter how it was adjusted, it was stiff and would drag. I also recall it drinking the gas... not as much trail range as I liked.

Other than those couple items, it was a great bike... especially considering its peers.

V-man
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #60547
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,407
Quote:
What do you guys think?

Beautiful machine, tellin you though add 3 inches
jtwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #60548
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Nevermind just read someones way ahead of me
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #60549
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Just had dinner with the wife at 28springs again complete with a stay at hampton. Once again great meal 3 for 3.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #60550
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
its usually in the passenger side kick panel in a ford truck
Yeah, I was going to check that first. I haven't checked fuses either. I did run it after I put in the master cylinder (I tested the brakes), so I don't think that's it. It hasn't moved since it ran last, so nothing bumped into it.

Only maybe related oddity is that I was having trouble with the ignition being really hard to turn (like it was glued). I put some WD-40 in the key hole (did not help), before I read that this is a common problem with these fords,but the fix isn't easy (some actuator bar in the column). It is easier to turn when above freezing, so I heated the column with my heat gun to see if that loosened it up. It did help. After doing this, I was able to get it running, so I don't think anything in the column was fried.
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #60551
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,367
Thumb feexed

Well the fridge is finally fixed right.
The heating coils, that were controlled by the thermostat that I changed, were fried. So I was on the right track.
$150 for the fix, a lot cheaper than a new fridge.

Stuckin, you sir, are officially a cool dad!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #60552
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
We been tellin' Doc that for ages.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #60553
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,906
Mornin fellers

Quote:

stuck
heres whatcha do...find a good sturdy wall...perhaps the side of your garage outside, and it has to be level!

butt the front wheel up against the wall..that way, she can't launch the bike, the wall will kill the engine.

have her PRACTICE letting the clutch out to where the real wheel starts to turn WITHOUT killing the engine while giving a little thottle..and then pull the clutch back in, and repeat..if she can hold that clutch friction (where the wheel wants to turn with power) for abt 2 seconds, then she will get the idea. Teach her that she does not have to get a hand full of throttle to achieve this..they pick it up pretty quick.
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #60554
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Mornin fellers

heres whatcha do...find a good sturdy wall...perhaps the side of your garage outside, and it has to be level!

butt the front wheel up against the wall..that way, she can't launch the bike, the wall will kill the engine.

have her PRACTICE letting the clutch out to where the real wheel starts to turn WITHOUT killing the engine while giving a little thottle..and then pull the clutch back in, and repeat..if she can hold that clutch friction (where the wheel wants to turn with power) for abt 2 seconds, then she will get the idea. Teach her that she does not have to get a hand full of throttle to achieve this..they pick it up pretty quick.
Morning Doc That hand full of throttle is real important
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #60555
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,635
those lock cylinders in that vintage ford are common to fudge up like that, its about $14 for a new one, and its pretty simple to swap them out.

they keys wont match your doors after that though, a locksmith can fix that for you if it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
Yeah, I was going to check that first. I haven't checked fuses either. I did run it after I put in the master cylinder (I tested the brakes), so I don't think that's it. It hasn't moved since it ran last, so nothing bumped into it.

Only maybe related oddity is that I was having trouble with the ignition being really hard to turn (like it was glued). I put some WD-40 in the key hole (did not help), before I read that this is a common problem with these fords,but the fix isn't easy (some actuator bar in the column). It is easier to turn when above freezing, so I heated the column with my heat gun to see if that loosened it up. It did help. After doing this, I was able to get it running, so I don't think anything in the column was fried.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote