ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #16531
Ren20
Finding Touge

Oddometer: 111
Need to buy stock mufflers or equivalent after market for cb400t. anyone got any lead? bike has straight pipes now, runs like crap...
Ren20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #16532
the cavalier
adventurer

Oddometer: 22
up state manhattan

Hey that's Me with the safari in inwood. is this a personal pic, or is that on google maps?
i noticed there is another biker with bike and helmet there just out of frame.

...anyone got a garage up here? i'd love to do some local wrenching.

tag. your it.

the cavalier screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 12:48 AM Reason: i realized the image is from google maps not a personal pic.
the cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:58 AM   #16533
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cavalier View Post
Hey that's Me with the safari in inwood. is this a personal pic, or is that on google maps?
i noticed there is another biker with bike and helmet there just out of frame.

tag. your it.
Headed up that way to the Farmer's Market on Isham today.

Quote:
...anyone got a garage up here? i'd love to do some local wrenching.
I have a spot at Ryder's Alley on 55th. That's where I do mine.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:15 AM   #16534
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,801
Hey, Thanks to whoever posted that info on registration and the DMV (I looked it up yesterday and now I can't find it) It was invaluable to me yesterday as I sat in the dealership buying my new (to me) car yesterday making sure I got all the right stuff. Important as it was out of state and I didn't want to have to make another trip.

But here's a question for you all. Do I have to go to a local DMV, or can I take a nice little road trip and find an office that's, say, less "popular," i.e. long wait times?
I know you can in other states I've lived in. Doesn't matter, as it's a State agency.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:03 AM   #16535
Sckill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
Hey, Thanks to whoever posted that info on registration and the DMV (I looked it up yesterday and now I can't find it) It was invaluable to me yesterday as I sat in the dealership buying my new (to me) car yesterday making sure I got all the right stuff. Important as it was out of state and I didn't want to have to make another trip.

But here's a question for you all. Do I have to go to a local DMV, or can I take a nice little road trip and find an office that's, say, less "popular," i.e. long wait times?
I know you can in other states I've lived in. Doesn't matter, as it's a State agency.
I believe you can go to any DMV in the state. In my case, I got my license renewed while I was in college upstate even though i'm from the city.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #16536
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
The office in Carmel (Putnam Co.), although it's a nice ride from the city, is one I used to go to. Very rare to have much of a line, and the employees are county clerk employees, not DMV employees, and are much more forgiving if there's a little problem with paperwork.

Speedo66 screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 08:03 AM
Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #16537
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 543
I've finally done it. I lost the last key to my Ducati 900SS. I'm in Inwood (very northern tip of Manhattan) today, and am still frantically searching for the key in the street, the lobby, the elevator, and my pants. I don't know if I'll find it.

So to you all, I come humbly with these questions.

1. I don't have any tools with me, but heard that there's a number on the bottom of the ignition key barrel that keys can be cut. Anyone want to come help a brother remove a key barrel? I think maybe some allen keys, some other things... Motorcycle tools :)

2. Know a good locksmith? Once I have the barrel or the number or whatever, I'm willing to travel. I assume he has to dismantle the barrel in order to make a new key. If he can just make one on the spot, I could call.

sheesh! If it's easier to write...

my username at gmail.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #16538
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Motorcycle keys.com all you need is the keycode, and you'll have the keys in your mailbox in 3 days. Don't think there re many, if any, locksmiths around here that can cut a motorcycle key just from the keycode.

Costs about $35 for 3 keys delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
I've finally done it. I lost the last key to my Ducati 900SS. I'm in Inwood (very northern tip of Manhattan) today, and am still frantically searching for the key in the street, the lobby, the elevator, and my pants. I don't know if I'll find it.

1. I don't have any tools with me, but heard that there's a number on the bottom of the ignition key barrel that keys can be cut. Anyone want to come help a brother remove a key barrel? I think maybe some allen keys, some other things... Motorcycle tools :)

2. Know a good locksmith? Once I have the barrel or the number or whatever, I'm willing to travel. I assume he has to dismantle the barrel in order to make a new key. If he can just make one on the spot, I could call.

my username at gmail.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #16539
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870 View Post
We already have a basement NYC commuter thread.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514016
You guys are efficient.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #16540
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Yeah, but there were only about 10 relevant, meaningful posts out of the 25K.
We were running out of fresh material anyway
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #16541
SPEIRMOOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
A-Art locksmiths 2nd Ave between 11&12th has Ducati blanks as I got a spare made there.Try him
SPEIRMOOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #16542
Ryan
Flugistani

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post

my username at gmail.
I've had good luck with this locksmith in Morristown, NJ:

http://www.cydrake.com/

"There's Absolutely No Excuse for the Way I'm About to Act"
http://longerfasterstronger.wordpress.com/
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #16543
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I've had good luck with this locksmith in Morristown, NJ:

http://www.cydrake.com/
I refuse to believe you have ever lost keys. Say it ain't so. Us mortals do stupid shit like that. Not the mighty John Ryan! I'm so disillusioned now.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #16544
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
I refuse to believe you have ever lost keys. Say it ain't so. Us mortals do stupid shit like that. Not the mighty John Ryan! I'm so disillusioned now.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #16545
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I've had good luck with this locksmith in Morristown, NJ...
Oh wait.

That asian woman you left the party with... SHE'S a locksmith in Morristown????

OK, my universe has re-equilibrated. That's the John Ryan I know.

I'm feeling much better now.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote