Judge rejects plea deal

M
Old 02-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #27362
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
I'm wondering what the "deal" is? If it's just the tickets, then, that's no deal; that's the law.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #27363
Weirdo
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer: 4,428
Group rides start again for the first time this year today. Since the crew put it away last year I've been hard at it all winter, but here's the catch.
I had a vasectomy last week

I'm skeered of my saddle.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #27364
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Group rides start again for the first time this year today. Since the crew put it away last year I've been hard at it all winter, but here's the catch.
I had a vasectomy last week

I'm skeered of my saddle.
Take it easy, for as long as possible. Going back at it, too quickly, seems to have long-term effects. Myself and two friends all went right back to work and all have intermittent pain. One's junk actually swelled to the size of nectarines. We were all in the construction industry, at the time. YMMV.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #27365
Weirdo
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Take it easy, for as long as possible. Going back at it, too quickly, seems to have long-term effects. Myself and two friends all went right back to work and all have intermittent pain. One's junk actually swelled to the size of nectarines. We were all in the construction industry, at the time. YMMV.
Very good advice.
Today is eight days post snip and I'm feeling pretty good. My brother is a urologist and a very keen cyclist, he's been keeping tabs on my progress and says it's not a bad thing to do given the circumstances. I'm going to take it pretty easy today as a test run.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #27366
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,248
Getting back on the bike without fully healing is just nuts!
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #27367
Weirdo
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Tried the trainer for a few minutes and didn't like it enough.

Going to sit a few more days out.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #27368
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 21,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn View Post
Getting back on the bike without fully healing is just nuts!
Ironically, my doctor told me to get back on the bike in order to GET fully healed.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #27369
TheNedster
Lurkapotamus

Oddometer: 850
77.5 mi. and 6,400 ft. of climbing in 4:36 out to Platina and back today. It got up to the low 70s without a cloud in the sky. Yay for climate change!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #27370
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 17,813
Gila River Valley 200k done.

Gila River Valley 200k done. Quite windy today - flags were on edge and road signs were vibrating. It's great when the wind has your back, not so good into the teeth of the wind. 126 miles in just over 8 hours. I would have finished in well under 8 hrs but my riding buddy had to stop twice for... uh.... GI issues and was dog-ass-slow for the last 25 miles. I do not leave anyone behind when they're not feeling well.

I am whipped - did I mention that the wind was brutal? We had it all day and at one point, were riding directly into it. 11 mph was damn near impossible.
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #27371
TheNedster
Lurkapotamus

Oddometer: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
Gila River Valley 200k done. Quite windy today - flags were on edge and road signs were vibrating. It's great when the wind has your back, not so good into the teeth of the wind. 126 miles in just over 8 hours. I would have finished in well under 8 hrs but my riding buddy had to stop twice for... uh.... GI issues and was dog-ass-slow for the last 25 miles. I do not leave anyone behind when they're not feeling well.

I am whipped - did I mention that the wind was brutal? We had it all day and at one point, were riding directly into it. 11 mph was damn near impossible.
Strong effort! Good onya for not dropping your buddy.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #27372
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
That right there is why the USCF made salutes illegal. Do it in a pack and get relegated if I'm not mistaken. I get that the pros get to do it. They spend WAY more time on a bike than any 3 of the rest of us. Speaking of which... 4:01 just now. Here to almost Washington, VA and back. How is it you can do a loop and have a headwind 90% of the time? M
Oh, you were riding with my father-in-law?

(j/k, but every damn ride of 60+ miles that he leads, we seem to follow a headwind. I think he's just rubbing his fitness at 65y.o. into our snot-nosed, whipper-snapper butts. It took 5 years of chasing him, but I've finally earned the right/ability to break the wind for him.)
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #27373
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Old 02-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #27374
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,149
Quote:
Your wind yesterday must be my wind today. Its blowing pretty hard around here. Not gale force, but windy.

Today's ride kicked my butt. AKA I brought a knife to a gun fight. Today was the Haymarket Winter Bike League #2. Normally, these roads are a mixed surface affair with plenty of gravel. Today? 2 stretches of gravel and the other 44-45mi of pavement. I rode the FTB with 32c semi-slicks and got my rear end handed to me. Almost everyone else was on road bikes.

Since this is an unofficial 'race' the fast guys went from the gun. I don't do so well going hard from the minute I get on the saddle and was red-lining quickly and dropped within the first 15min. Luckily there were buddies to ride with that wanted to do the 'old guys that get fat in the winter' pace. It still wasn't easy 'cause if we weren't going up, we were going down. Very little flat in this ride.

I kept up all right till my legs had decided they'd had enough at about the 2.5hr mark. Then hills were a real struggle. Too bad I had an hour or so left to ride!

Backing up to the beginning of the ride: it was sunny and cold. Like 32deg cold. I got to thinking about the last one of these I did last year where it was a hair warmer and rain/snowing on us. I turned to the guy parked next to me and said 'well, at least it ain't snowing!'

Guess what it started to do. It was only a little flurry but still.

I'm home. Chipotle for lunch. ...and I hear the couch monster calling my name.

M
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #27375
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,730
I haven't ridden my MTB in 2 weeks. I am going... NOW.

Oh, Chipotle....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: