User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Brian011952 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
HDB (Highway Dirt Bike)

HDB is the manufacturer of some nice pieces for the dual sport crowd that wants to mount accessories on their bikes. You can't beat the pieces, they look great, are built well, and offer a great look for placing switches and what not on your bike.

Ok, that being said, the customer service is lacking. I had a lot of trouble with my order. Originally, I received a invoice that wasn't detailed. I called to be sure of content of my order, and spoke with Derek. I ended up receiving my order minus one piece. I wrote it up on this site in another forum. The owner then contacted me, Paul, and was concerned about what I had written up her, explained his issue and that his employee was new, then asked for a copy of the invoice so he could improve the invoice, and asked me to change a slightly negative review of their customer service.

I agreed, provided the invoice and then reposted here stating i believed the invoice mix up was because of a Pay Pal issue. That night I got a nasty gram from the owner telling me not to post anymore here and I found my posts removed from the ADV site?

Anyway, nice parts, but difficult dealing with the company, be forewarned.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #2
shoein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Sorry to hear about your experiences. I have set up 2 bikes with HDB products, best products and I received excellent service. HDB and Cogent Dynamics are at the top of my list for excellent service. I will buy from them again.
shoein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,228
Paul is GOOD people, he is one of us.

That said, I am willing to bet he will do what it takes to make things right.

reading what you posted, I take it that you...maybe, got a case of the ass with him. Talk to him rationally, I bet he sqaures up with you and makes it right.
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
Paul is GOOD people, he is one of us.

That said, I am willing to bet he will do what it takes to make things right.

reading what you posted, I take it that you...maybe, got a case of the ass with him. Talk to him rationally, I bet he sqaures up with you and makes it right.

Yeah, give him a chance before cross posting on the internets. Good people are hard to find and sometimes they make mistakes.
I have had good experiences with HDB and you'll find the same comments if you search this site.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
justlookin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
My 1st order from HDB was for my XRR in 2009. Not so many different choices then and I ordered up what would be todays base kit. Only options I ordered were some switches and I didn't know if I really wanted that mirror but thought I would try one just to make it street legal - really wasn't expecting much. I received my package quickly and found the mirror missing so I contacted HDB and talked to Paul. He told me that he had packed the box himself and had forgot to include the mirror and would get it sent out right away. He sent me 2 mirrors and I have to say that I love this setup and think the mirrors are the best part. This is probably the best quality aftermarket product I have ever used on a bike and I hope that in the end you will be as satisfied as with yours. Good luck
justlookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,557
All of your posts on the issue are available in the Head Explody sub forum under "Crap from Thumpers".

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 11,018
It would be nice if guys didnt post scathing reports online about what was maybe just a new employee's mistake,its hard enough to make a living building/selling bike parts without nasty un-retreivable snap reports.

Usually talking to the vendor is a much better idea,humans make mistakes.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
mookybird
Gramps

Oddometer: 207
The good news in this thread is that guys like myself who aren't very good at finding suppliers of niche items can stumble over them and learn of their existence.

My absolute hack job on an xr complete with lots of zip ties and electrical tape works well enough but one of my goals prior to this upcoming touring season has been to clean all that up, the switches and mounts look like they will work great and compatible switches with attached pigtails are a bonus.

mookybird screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 08:01 AM
mookybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,579
You also have to take in consideration that HDB is Paul and just recently the new guy. That's it.

It is a small shop and Paul sometimes get overwhelmed since he is running production, sales, development, shipping, family life, bike riding, etc...all by himself.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,144
Brian I asked for your posts over in the Husaberg thread to be removed, not Paul. Your posts were out of place in that thread, and Paul's response, in that thread was out of place also. So I identified them to a moderator, and they were removed. No conspiracy on HDB's part, I dont even own a HDP part. However, in the last two or three years I have literally seen dozens of rave reviews of their parts and of Paul himself. Your gripe seems to revolve around a misunderstanding of the PAYPAL process, which you admitted was your mistake. Now maybe Derrik made a mistake, and didnt treat you well, but Paul corrected that as well. Your posts are vindictive and over the top for such a small misunderstanding and you seem to be going out of your way to damage a small business that is well respected in this forum. So if you want to blame someone for your posts disappearing, blame me, I didnt post this in the Husaberg thread because I hoped it would all just go away. You really need to drop it.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
It'sNotTheBike
Banned

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Brian I asked for your posts over in the Husaberg thread to be removed, not Paul. Your posts were out of place in that thread, and Paul's response, in that thread was out of place also. So I identified them to a moderator, and they were removed.

Most people take reports of unhappy interactions with a vendor with a grain of
salt and there is no need to censor the posts someone makes. Any decent search
effort will reveal whether most interactions with a vendor have been positive or
negative.

I'm sure you are proud of yourself for your behavior as a self-appointed
censor. Funny, when I swore to uphold the US Constitution I remember there was
a part which defended free speech. Apparently you missed that part and you are
comfortable with censoring speech you don't agree with. That's behavior
which is certainly not representative of the American ideals that my grandfather
( European Theater, WWII ), my father ( Korea ) and I ( Viet Nam ) all went to war
to defend.

It'sNotTheBike screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 07:10 PM
It'sNotTheBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #12
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,071
I have two sets of Pauls HDB gear, one on My Husky and one on the new rally bike. The quality and function of his stuff is unmatched. It's is super tuff and I crash A LOT.

The last bike I outfitted I asked for the LED handguards in white to match the Husky. Paul sent them exactly as I asked. I transferred them to my new bike and wanted black along with an entire new top plate and bars. Paul sent regulars that weren't drilled. I inquired, he replied immediately and said he would send them out. I took a drill and drilled my other ones myself and said not to bother. He did it anyways and sent me another pair. I now have 5 unused pairs of HDB guards.

Sometimes it takes a little while for Paul to get back to you, sometimes it's instant. I respect that the man is working hard and running the business and I'll give him any latitude he wants. The man makes superior products and does about anything to make a situation right even if it costs him money. Which is exactly why I will never own handguards other than his.

I know sometimes it's hard in todays age of instant communication and the Amazon-ization of the world to have mistakes happen. And not hearing from the merchant can make you think the worst. I suspect if you had cooled your heels a little, you would have had the situation fixed without a fuss.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sNotTheBike View Post
Most people take reports of unhappy interactions with a vendor with a grain of
salt and there is no need to censor the posts someone makes. Any decent search
effort will reveal whether most interactions with a vendor have been positive or
negative.

I'm sure you are proud of yourself for your behavior as a self-appointed
censor. Funny, when I swore to uphold the US Constitution I remember there was
a part which defended free speech. Apparently you missed that part and you are
comfortable with censoring speech you don't agree with. That's behavior
which is certainly not representative of the American ideals that my grandfather
( European Theater, WWII ), my father ( Korea ) and I ( Viet Nam ) all went to war
to defend.

I didn't censor anything.. I pointed out to a moderator that personal information had been revealed in posts, and that a thread on Husaberg modifications had been hijacked by several pages of bickering.. the moderator decided that the posts were inappropriate and moved them to a different forum.. that is not censoring it is editing, and practiced liberally on most internet forums IOT keep civility and order.

The fact that you seem to think it is appropriate to try and disparage my 23 years of Marine Corps service (Iraq x 2) based upon my desire to keep a good thread clear of bickering and pettiness is simply ridiculous and should stay down in JM. If I believed I had censored, or in anyway deprived Brian of his Constitutional rights, I certainly wouldn't have let him know it was me who had asked for the thread to be cleaned up, I would have just kept my mouth shut. If you find the original posts you will see that the original issue was based on Brian's error, not HDB's. Furthermore, you will find that my request to have the thread cleaned up was in reality an attempt to keep Brian's personal information off the internet because Paul had inappropriately posted a link to the PayPal invoice.

Thank you, and your family, for your service.

mrt10x screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 08:30 PM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #14
Brian011952 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Brian I asked for your posts over in the Husaberg thread to be removed, not Paul. Your posts were out of place in that thread, and Paul's response, in that thread was out of place also. So I identified them to a moderator, and they were removed. No conspiracy on HDB's part, I dont even own a HDP part. However, in the last two or three years I have literally seen dozens of rave reviews of their parts and of Paul himself. Your gripe seems to revolve around a misunderstanding of the PAYPAL process, which you admitted was your mistake. Now maybe Derrik made a mistake, and didnt treat you well, but Paul corrected that as well. Your posts are vindictive and over the top for such a small misunderstanding and you seem to be going out of your way to damage a small business that is well respected in this forum. So if you want to blame someone for your posts disappearing, blame me, I didnt post this in the Husaberg thread because I hoped it would all just go away. You really need to drop it.
Whoa, you are not correct. Paul did not ever attempt to make anything right by me. I had probably the worst customer service ever with Paul. Yes, paul admitted Derrek made a mistake, but Paul then went on to berate me through Email about posting anything in regard to the issue in a public forum. Paul tried to say to me that I had not been clear with Derrek, but he never even once offered to sell me the item that was missing. All of that was wrong. I even posted partial retractions on this site and somehow made Paul angry with those. So, I received a scathing Email from Paul advising me that I was all screwed up and chewing me out for posting here. No, that's not making anything right and it's not good customer service. I've admitted in every post that Paul makes good parts and that the shipping was fast, but I think people need to know about bad customer service. I have all of the E-mails Paul sent me which are anything but a reflection of good customer service, I wished I could post them here but instead I posted a simple review. What really bothers me and what has kept this alive is that only my posts that were negative were removed from the Husaberg forum. Please remove all of them, even the one where I posted when I found the parts and recognized they were pretty darn cool parts, so I posted a nice comment about them. It seems like I'm being misquoted and anything I've said past that gets deleted. I can see that you and Paul are personal friends, but that's not fair that you partially remove my post so that I'm misquoted.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #15
milzispete
Conquistador

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian011952 View Post
What really bothers me and what has kept this alive is that only my posts that were negative were removed from the Husaberg forum. Please remove all of them.
You are perfectly capable of removing them all yourself my friend. You should probably also remove all the ones that are part of the little girly fit you are currently having

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2