We???

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #60603
MountainMoto
Ain't Life Grand

Oddometer: 197
Husky 650

Morning to all. Hope everyone is having a super weekend. Yesterday I was (again) looking at the Husqvarna 650 Terra here in town. The owner informs me that KTM is about to buy Husky from BMW (??). Also, has anyone heard anything good or bad on the new 650s (Terra or Strada)? Still considering the yammie tenere, but I would rather be more road-limited than trail limited--and these two machines are totally different. The 650 is super slim and comfy.
MountainMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #60604
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMoto View Post
Morning to all. Hope everyone is having a super weekend. Yesterday I was (again) looking at the Husqvarna 650 Terra here in town. The owner informs me that KTM is about to buy Husky from BMW (??). Also, has anyone heard anything good or bad on the new 650s (Terra or Strada)? Still considering the yammie tenere, but I would rather be more road-limited than trail limited--and these two machines are totally different. The 650 is super slim and comfy.
KTM is in the process of buying Husky. The Terra is a Chinese built BMW really. BMW bought Husky for one reason and that's to build a budget line. They shit canned all the real Husky's too build bikes like the Terra.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #60605
MountainMoto
Ain't Life Grand

Oddometer: 197
ooooooh ok. The price WAS nice. Can't be deep in the woods/high on a mountain on a POS. Thanks for the info Albie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
KTM is in the process of buying Husky. The Terra is a Chinese built BMW really. BMW bought Husky for one reason and that's to build a budget line. They shit canned all the real Husky's too build bikes like the Terra.
MountainMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #60606
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,464
I havent seen a weekend in months... i had at least 9 consecutive days of work.... putting in 8h up to at least midnight.... and sometimes until 4AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #60607
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post

The deal is already done, as I understand. KTM now owns Husky. (Or more accurately, a holding company owned by the guy who owns KTM now owns Husky.) I wonder if they are just going to shut it down, being a competitor and all. i can't see any economic sense in KTM continuing to build a brand that competes with it. Or maybe it's just a play for the Indian market. In any case, not good news. BMW was never really serious about Husky, and now they are getting out of the off road business altogether.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #60608
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMoto View Post
ooooooh ok. The price WAS nice. Can't be deep in the woods/high on a mountain on a POS. Thanks for the info Albie.
Not saying necessarily that it's a POS, keep in mind they built GS 650 motors in China for a while as well. Obviously, part of the reason Euro bikes cost more is because the labor is so high. Building stuff in China doesn't equate to junk so long as what's being built there is carefully monitored.

Just understand what the Terra is. Heck, your Jap bike probably has half it's parts made in China. The company we used over in China to build our paintball loaders also made Yamaha levers in the very same factory.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #60609
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
The deal is already done, as I understand. KTM now owns Husky. (Or more accurately, a holding company owned by the guy who owns KTM now owns Husky.) I wonder if they are just going to shut it down, being a competitor and all. i can't see any economic sense in KTM continuing to build a brand that competes with it. Or maybe it's just a play for the Indian market. In any case, not good news. BMW was never really serious about Husky, and now they are getting out of the off road business altogether.
I'm pretty sure they plan on keeping Husky going. I think it is a Bajaj move to get more manufacturing. Husky's never really been much competition, they sold about a tenth of what KTM does. A lot of KTM's growth can be attributed to the Indian market and I imagine the Husky brand will grow for the same reason. India will soon be the most populous country in the world so they have a huge market.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #60610
Mister D
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
I havent seen a weekend in months... i had at least 9 consecutive days of work.... putting in 8h up to at least midnight.... and sometimes until 4AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #60611
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,332
Duane, I could get a spongebob tag in my driveway..

would that count?

mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #60612
Mister D
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Duane, I could get a spongebob tag in my driveway..

would that count?
A
IDK, is spongebob on Sesame Street? I'm not too up on the kids' tv. I sure would like it if you did actually find something so those whiners would shutup. Since I started playing again recently, they have complained about two out of three tag items I've picked. Thinking next time I will just tag a stop sign or maybe some asphalt.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #60613
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Ive been looking around, not finding what I want... the count, or cookie monster.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #60614
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Awwww quit 'yer whinin'.

Scheduled to work Saturdays since the first of January... won't be off the 6 day work week until the end of March. (Unless they annull the train... highly unlikely.) Didn't get home from work last night until 10 PM. (11.5 hours for the shift if we're counting). Starting Monday I'll have a 13 day stretch without a day off. Typically been working 55+ hours per week... sometimes into the 60+ hour range. I expect to turn in 70+ hours Monday week. Oh... and I'll be 61 years old next month.

Soooo... if you're a white male: Working for living costs 'ya. But, I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. Besides, they don't give retirements away, you have to earn them.

V-man
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #60615
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

yeah that makes sense, I have never seen anyone NON-white over 61 working.

damnit Andre..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Awwww quit 'yer whinin'.

Scheduled to work Saturdays since the first of January... won't be off the 6 day work week until the end of March. (Unless they annull the train... highly unlikely.) Didn't get home from work last night until 10 PM. (11.5 hours for the shift if we're counting). Starting Monday I'll have a 13 day stretch without a day off. Typically been working 55+ hours per week... sometimes into the 60+ hour range. I expect to turn in 70+ hours Monday week. Oh... and I'll be 61 years old next month.

Soooo... if you're a white male: Working for living costs 'ya. But, I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. Besides, they don't give retirements away, you have to earn them.

V-man