Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #196
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
I agree they could, but they're going to price on what the market will bear, not cost to build, and they're pricing the X above the R in other markets ($500 higher in Canada, for example). The delay in announcing is another sign it will probably be bad news - you announce good news as early as possible and bad news as late as possible.

- Mark
When I checked the Canada honda web page, they did not list the cb500x without abs brakes, but with abs brakes they have the price the same as the cb500r with abs, which is $6,799 (they also list a non-abs cb500r msrp at $6,299) I hope they price them the same in the states (prices look to be $300 lower in the states), since there is a local dealer pricing the cb500r with abs for $6,299, and no freight or prep charge at this dealership, I may be buying a cb500x this summer, if not a 650 v-strom. I have to get off the 750 ace I'm have know, my lower back will thank me if I do.
theloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #197
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloop View Post
When I checked the Canada honda web page, they did not list the cb500x without abs brakes, but with abs brakes they have the price the same as the cb500r with abs, which is $6,799 (they also list a non-abs cb500r msrp at $6,299).
Yes, it does appear the CB500X has standard ABS in canada with pricing like the R with ABS. Good catch. This bodes well for the X being priced like the R in the US.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #198
JimmieA OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,190
I got to check out the bike today at our annual show. Set on it as well. Honda was pushing the NC700 harder than this bike for sure. I was surprised by the flat black paint on the bike. It is hard to see the actual model name on the bike but I am tall and it is under the pillion grab handles. Seems like a good value. At this price I think they will sell a lot of them. A Honda guy said they had a line up of people wanting to sit on the bike. The new CB1100 seemed kind of cool, very reto as well.
2004 Honda XR400R
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #199
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieA View Post
I got to check out the bike today at our annual show. Set on it as well. Honda was pushing the NC700 harder than this bike for sure. I was surprised by the flat black paint on the bike. It is hard to see the actual model name on the bike but I am tall and it is under the pillion grab handles. Seems like a good value. At this price I think they will sell a lot of them. A Honda guy said they had a line up of people wanting to sit on the bike. The new CB1100 seemed kind of cool, very reto as well.
Pics?
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #200
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 923
A local dealer told me today that non-ABS pricing is supposed to be $6499, & he has yet to be able to place an order. He does not expect to have any in the dealership until July - if then.
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #201
fragile_this_side_up
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 990
Yeah. Thats the estimate I was givin a month ago. Im ok with that.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #202
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Just for shits and giggles, I took a look on cycletrader for the x, there were 12 pages, and about half of the results were the f model, and the one's for the x said call for price, except one had a price of $5,999.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #203
B02S4
Aye

Quote:
Just for shits and giggles, I took a look on cycletrader for the x, there were 12 pages, and about half of the results were the f model, and the one's for the x said call for price, except one had a price of $5,999.
That means nothing for a bike that can't even be ordered yet.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #204
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B02S4 View Post
That means nothing for a bike that can't even be ordered yet.
Sorry, I thought that dealers could sell for any price they wanted, since I see other models for below or at msrp. Toledo east honda is selling the cb500f for below msrp on both abs and non-abs models, and I dont even know if they have them in stock yet. Plus the Canadian honda site suggest pre-ordering your cb500x before they are sold out. I may not be able to order a cb500x yet ( I'm sure most dealers would take a deposit from me) but i'm sure dealers have already put their orders in.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #205
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,291
Quote:
Sorry, I thought that dealers could sell for any price they wanted, since I see other models for below or at msrp.
Absolutely true, but many have noted that dealers will advertise bikes in Cycle Trader way before they're available with speculative prices that they may or may not eventually sell the bike for. IOW, the prices on Cycle Trader really don't mean very much until the importer has established pricing and the bikes are orderable. It is at this point that you're likely to be able to get a contract (or at least a firm price commitment) from a dealer.

If you can get a dealer to write a firm sales contract for $6K (with no other fees) for a 500X ABS at this date, probably a good deal. Call 'em up and see what they say.

I recall ads in Cycle Trader with prices for 2WD Yamaha dirt bikes that were never manufactured.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #206
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Just plowed through this whole thread from the first post onward. I think the 500x and its siblings are going to be winners for Honda. Bringing any number of sales to those with 250s who want a bit larger machine. The ergos will be good on all three of them, with the x having the most relaxed riding position. It will be interesting to see where Honda prices the x, it is strange they didn't announce it at the same time as the other two 500s. I've seen and sat on all of the 500s and the 700x at the Cleveland show, they all seem like winners. If I was in the market for a new bike, I'd wait for some tests and to see what mpg and range is achievable on them. There aren't many choices from the Asians in midrange machines for the U.S. market, nice to see Honda introducing them here.
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #207
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Absolutely true, but many have noted that dealers will advertise bikes in Cycle Trader way before they're available with speculative prices that they may or may not eventually sell the bike for. IOW, the prices on Cycle Trader really don't mean very much until the importer has established pricing and the bikes are orderable. It is at this point that you're likely to be able to get a contract (or at least a firm price commitment) from a dealer.

If you can get a dealer to write a firm sales contract for $6K (with no other fees) for a 500X ABS at this date, probably a good deal. Call 'em up and see what they say.

I recall ads in Cycle Trader with prices for 2WD Yamaha dirt bikes that were never manufactured.

- Mark
Never said the advertized price of $5,999 was for the ABS model, It's for the standard model But there is now 2 dealers advertizing the cb500x for $5,999 and the one says it has a eta of march. I think the msrp will be the $5,999, if not maybe $5,899
Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #208
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Sorry, I thought that dealers could sell for any price they wanted, since I see other models for below or at msrp. Toledo east honda is selling the cb500f for below msrp on both abs and non-abs models, and I dont even know if they have them in stock yet. Plus the Canadian honda site suggest pre-ordering your cb500x before they are sold out. I may not be able to order a cb500x yet ( I'm sure most dealers would take a deposit from me) but i'm sure dealers have already put their orders in.
Dealers have not put their orders for the x yet, they can't-poppa Honda is not accepting orders for the x yet. Any dealer stating a price for the x is blowing smoke. The Honda reps at the Indy show yesterday don't know when Honda will take orders for the x, when the x will ship, or the price. The r and f version will ship in March.
For the guy who stated their local dealer wasn't charging extra fees-need to check the msrp-the r msrp is $5999 and the f is $5499. The Honda reps did say the x version will be limited production this year, so if you want one, you should get on your dealer list; they also stated not all dealers will get the x, and the ones which do, may only get one. One rep told me he believed the x price would be $6499, one rep told me he believed $5799, and one rep told me he believed it would be the same as the r.
I set on the 500s, the 700, and all 6-7 ctx bikes they had. I really k
Liked the nc 700 before I went to the Indy show. Egonomicaly, I was more comfortable on the 500x, the ctx500s next, and the nc700 the least. I am 5'10" with 32" inseam. If the x sell for less than $6000, I will be buying one.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #209
B02S4
Aye

Quote:
...i'm sure dealers have already put their orders in.
Really? Where is that?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #210
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidc83 View Post
Dealers have not put their orders for the x yet, they can't-poppa Honda is not accepting orders for the x yet. Any dealer stating a price for the x is blowing smoke. The Honda reps at the Indy show yesterday don't know when Honda will take orders for the x, when the x will ship, or the price. The r and f version will ship in March.
For the guy who stated their local dealer wasn't charging extra fees-need to check the msrp-the r msrp is $5999 and the f is $5499. The Honda reps did say the x version will be limited production this year, so if you want one, you should get on your dealer list; they also stated not all dealers will get the x, and the ones which do, may only get one. One rep told me he believed the x price would be $6499, one rep told me he believed $5799, and one rep told me he believed it would be the same as the r.
I set on the 500s, the 700, and all 6-7 ctx bikes they had. I really k
Liked the nc 700 before I went to the Indy show. Egonomicaly, I was more comfortable on the 500x, the ctx500s next, and the nc700 the least. I am 5'10" with 32" inseam. If the x sell for less than $6000, I will be buying one.
Check
At the top for fee's http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/ They do charge a $100 title fee the last time I talked to them, but no prep or freight. Once on the site take a look at the showroom, then new inventory. page 1 has the cb500f standard for $$5,299 and below that they have the ABS model for $5,799. Go to the second page and you will see the cb500r for $5,699 and the ABS model below for $6,249 They do have a 2012 leftover 650 v-strom adventure for $7,799 + $100 title fee witch is pretty tempting with the 0% financing suzuki is offering right now.