User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #16
Liscotti2006
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Talking

I have had a great experience with customer service from highway dirt bike. I was in need of new hand guards due to a crash. When I contacted them because I could not find them sold separately on there site. I got a fast response. They simply shiped me a new set with a note that said glad to hear you are all right.
Liscotti2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
WRW9751
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Not to disrupt the flow, but I've just ordered and received a order from HDR. It was timely and correct! Will do more business with them. Wished I would have added a couple of other pieces, electrical switches. Didn't talk to anyone just ordered from the web page.

Thanks
Wayne
WRW9751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #18
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Brian,

This is your bash HDB thread, since you are unable or unwilling to represent the issue truthfully and your sole purpose appears to hurt my business, you have my full permission to post our entire email correspondence here (we have 5 a piece), with only one caveat, do not edit the content or time line.

Paul from HDB
Honestly, it's never pretty when a vendor goes head to head with a disgruntled client in a public forum. I've seen it a few times on ADV and everyone comes out looking shitty.

$0.02
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,499
Paul,

I'd just take the high road here, nothing to be gained and more time away from the Haas. I think you know you have a rabid following and one wanker pissed off about some minor detail isn't going to change your reputation one iota. It was earned from hard work, innovation and exceptional customer service (in my case).

However getting into a tete-a-tete with Brian is a lose-lose.

JMHO

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
customer service

When I got my new F800GS I wanted some hand guards. I looked at everything out there and was impressed with the quality of HDB. Went to their site, found what I wanted and called Paul to confirm the fit with ROX risers. Paul got me squared away with my order and sent me an e-mail when it shipped. First rate service and products. Matter of fact I'm going to his site now to see if I can get a set for my new bike.
gofast1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #21
jdrocks
Gravel Runner

Oddometer: 4,165
i'm probably one of HDB smallest customers, i just needed a switch. it didn't quite fit the way i wanted it to mount, so i put in an inquiry to HDB, even though it wasn't their problem. i got a phone call a couple days later...how can we help, maybe we have a different switch that will work better, you can send it back for a refund, etc...this was a $30 order, not a $300 order.

i was impressed by that conversation, kept the switch, made it work. it's still on the bike.

jdrocks screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 05:50 PM
jdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #22
ericrat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,150
I love the HDB setup on my Husky 610.

Now off to order a Renzaco seat, seriously, I got to sit on a few at the dealer expo and they are nice.

Eric

ericrat screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 08:58 PM
ericrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #23
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian011952 View Post
HDB is the manufacturer of some nice pieces for the dual sport crowd that wants to mount accessories on their bikes. You can't beat the pieces, they look great, are built well, and offer a great look for placing switches and what not on your bike.

Ok, that being said, the customer service is lacking. I had a lot of trouble with my order. Originally, I received a invoice that wasn't detailed. I called to be sure of content of my order, and spoke with Derek. I ended up receiving my order minus one piece. I wrote it up on this site in another forum. The owner then contacted me, Paul, and was concerned about what I had written up her, explained his issue and that his employee was new, then asked for a copy of the invoice so he could improve the invoice, and asked me to change a slightly negative review of their customer service.

I agreed, provided the invoice and then reposted here stating i believed the invoice mix up was because of a Pay Pal issue. That night I got a nasty gram from the owner telling me not to post anymore here and I found my posts removed from the ADV site?

Anyway, nice parts, but difficult dealing with the company, be forewarned.

Hey Brian.....

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
Tessier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
HDB hand guards are by far the best dam hand guards I have ever owned. I didn't have any issues ordering them and personally they are pretty dam trick. I don't have any clue who owns HDB and clearly have no affiliation with them. I just know from my point of view they are the best hand guards I have ever purchased and will be buying a second set for my 990 soon!
Tessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #25
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
Paul is GOOD people, he is one of us.
+1
I've had nothing but great customer service from Paul. Actually, better than necessary. How often can you say that?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #26
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Look, it's clear to me that everyone (including OP Brian) thinks that Paul and HDB make outstanding products. Heck, my sig line says "Best dual sport mirrors I"ve ever owned". No one disputes the quality of the products.

What was in dispute was the quality of customer service Brian received. Fair enough. Maybe he got some confusing answers from Derek or whatever. But after reading through this thread and the head explody stuff It's very clear to me that
A) Brian came here first on a public forum bitching and complaining before he ever talked to or emailed Paul. That aint right Brian.
B) Once Paul was contacted, he did everything he could to rectify the situatiuon and make it right. To do so, he needed Brian to look at his PayPal invoice.
C) Brian has/had no idea what in the hell a Paypal invoice was or how to find it.
D) Paul explained to Brian what a Paypal invoice was and where to find it
E) Brian found it easier to bitch and whine in public rather than click on the "invoice" tab of his Paypal receipt, because Brian's brand of martyrdom requires an audience.

and
F) The inmates have resoundingly sided with Paul on this and everyone who has ever dealt with him has agreed that Paul makes the best stuff in the industry, offers the best customer service in the industry, makes every effort to bend over backwards to correct any problems and that Brian must be a high maintenance, attention seeking drama queen.

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #27
Off Road USA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
I recently ordered the hand gaurds from paul He sent them right away and they where an easy install, i emailed him back about adding risers and was responded to very promply I would say Paul is a stand up guy,so from Hobbs new mexico i give him a two thumbs up...
Off Road USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #28
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Look, it's clear to me that everyone (including OP Brian) thinks that Paul and HDB make outstanding products. Heck, my sig line says "Best dual sport mirrors I"ve ever owned". No one disputes the quality of the products.

What was in dispute was the quality of customer service Brian received. Fair enough. Maybe he got some confusing answers from Derek or whatever. But after reading through this thread and the head explody stuff It's very clear to me that
A) Brian came here first on a public forum bitching and complaining before he ever talked to or emailed Paul. That aint right Brian.
B) Once Paul was contacted, he did everything he could to rectify the situatiuon and make it right. To do so, he needed Brian to look at his PayPal invoice.
C) Brian has/had no idea what in the hell a Paypal invoice was or how to find it.
D) Paul explained to Brian what a Paypal invoice was and where to find it
E) Brian found it easier to bitch and whine in public rather than click on the "invoice" tab of his Paypal receipt, because Brian's brand of martyrdom requires an audience.

and
F) The inmates have resoundingly sided with Paul on this and everyone who has ever dealt with him has agreed that Paul makes the best stuff in the industry, offers the best customer service in the industry, makes every effort to bend over backwards to correct any problems and that Brian must be a high maintenance, attention seeking drama queen.
+1

You know Paul has a discount for ADV guys right?

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #29
james t kirk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
i found HDB and Paul on crfsonly.com maybe in '07 or '08? i need to ask him but i think i might have been the first to post about him here and turned him onto ADV.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402991

that's my bike on his website

i've been so happy with his gear and it's such a great feeling knowing my transactions support a small business. i need not say any more, others on this thread have already said it all quite well.

hopefully i can hook up with Paul again for a ride here in Moab.

Kirk Out
james t kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #30
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by james t kirk View Post
i found HDB and Paul on crfsonly.com maybe in '07 or '08? i need to ask him but i think i might have been the first to post about him here and turned him onto ADV.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402991

that's my bike on his website

i've been so happy with his gear and it's such a great feeling knowing my transactions support a small business. i need not say any more, others on this thread have already said it all quite well.

hopefully i can hook up with Paul again for a ride here in Moab.

Kirk Out

I think you are correct. Yours was the first post I ever remember hearing about HDB and the fold-in mirrors. I thought he was based in Utah back then for some reason (now I know better and realize they'd never have him and his foul-mouthed, drinking ways). Then shortly after your ride with him out there, I met Paul on the Jeckyl and Hyde ride here in Colo and his gear has been following me around and attaching itself to my handle bars ever since. I keep falling down, trying over and over again t knock that stuff off my bars, but it's still there on every bike I own.

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA