Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #13156
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Carpet and drapes and all that, eh?
These days, there's not a lot of carpet.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #13157
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,560
I'd take whatever danger the chivacitas were handing out.

Thank you senorita, may I have another?
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #13158
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
There are two jokes there. One about body lice and another about a better class of working girl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #13159
AndyT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
It also appears that affirmative action in Mexico is finding a few token blondes to throw into the picture (Booooooooo!). But are they real blondes?
Chivas USA is a Los Angeles CA team. Not that they are any more likely to be real blondes.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #13160
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,139
I just came from the shop, my moto is now getting attention. I met several people while I was there, including Guateadventure from ADV. He is a staff member of the local BMW club that read about the problem I was having. He also received a few telephone calls from other members. He was at the shop to provide support and express concern for my problem. A very nice fellow with dual citizenship of Guatemala as well as the US. I also met a couple of Californians that were having moto problems. They were ADV Fool and GoinPostal from ADV. They are basically on the same path as me to Panama. And then there was Guatarider who just finish the Epic ride and Ride Report from Guatemala to Alaska Bay and back.

I also spoke with the top Service Manager, they still think it is a bad wire some where. So, my moto is not ready, but it is getting attention.
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #13161
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,560
Good news Donnie. You sound like you've stirred the pot a bit.

Hope that find that stray wire- those can be a royal PITA.
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #13162
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
You've been waxing eloquently again??

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #13163
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
Papantla/Tajin

Back in the road in Mexico. Papantla and Tajin ruins a must see. The ride from Tulancingo to Papantla is curvy, scenic and fun. All kinds of great looking restaurants along the way, many offering fresh trout. Mi Ranchito in Xicotepec not to be missed. Eat there and stay there if you get the chance. You can even take a mud bath.

Anybody know any good places to stay in Zihuatenejo and yes I checked the hotels thread and was told that "the sucky search engine" could not find anything that fit that search term. I am going to be there during semana santa, Holy Week and need a place for my daughter, her novia and me. Casita, Cabaña, bungalow... small hotel suite. Something nice but affordable.

Thanks.

Now that I have internet connection look for posts on my RR.

David
Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #13164
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Hey David,

Here's a fairly recent Zihuatenejo hotel recommendation from Sjoerd Bakker: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...47&postcount=5

CeeBee recently posted: "Stayed at the Zihuat Hotel a block off the water in El Centro and after a little conversation they cut the price almost in half."

Try Hostels.com and Tripadvisor as well.

Will do a little more poking around,

Schizz

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul

SchizzMan screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 02:56 PM
Old 02-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #13165
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
Mexico 199 Palenque to San Cristobal de Las Casas

Anybody got any intel on this route. Looks nice. One of my Mexican rider friends said that it takes a long time, is mountainous and twisty, there is little traffic or civilization along the way, and if you have a problem the indians won't help you... so, what is wrong with that sounds like a lot of roads in the SW. The road goes through Ocosingo and on into San Cristobal. I make it a point to seek out and listen to local knowledge. This guy is a GS rider with some ten years experience riding in Yucatan and San Cristobal area. I am not going to ignore him out of hand but I really want to ride that road and the alternative he has offered , going up to Villa Hermosa and taking the long way round back down to Tuxtla Gutierrez and on to San Cristobal is not that appealing although he says it is farther and takes less time. Thoughts y'all?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #13166
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Anybody got any intel on this route. Looks nice. One of my Mexican rider friends said that it takes a long time, is mountainous and twisty, there is little traffic or civilization along the way, and if you have a problem the indians won't help you... so, what is wrong with that sounds like a lot of roads in the SW. The road goes through Ocosingo and on into San Cristobal. I make it a point to seek out and listen to local knowledge. This guy is a GS rider with some ten years experience riding in Yucatan and San Cristobal area. I am not going to ignore him out of hand but I really want to ride that road and the alternative he has offered , going up to Villa Hermosa and taking the long way round back down to Tuxtla Gutierrez and on to San Cristobal is not that appealing although he says it is farther and takes less time. Thoughts y'all?
dwj-Donnie ran that route 2-up with Sheryl in March of 2010. Nothing in the RR to red flag it. Maybe PM him. He's in Guate City nursing a sick bike at the moment.

PP 44-45: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...550086&page=44

They didn't seem to care for San Cristobal de Las Casas but I really liked it last year. Would go back.

SchizzMan screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 03:28 PM
Old 02-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #13167
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,166
Quote:
Its a nice ride. Right through Zapatista country.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #13168
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 747
Zihuatanejo has lots of nice hotels near Ropa beach that I've never stayed at..... always stay at Casandoho near the Elektra store on Ave morelos. It was recomended to me by Sjoerd.
If I was taking my family I'd stay at Casandoho for a night when I arrived and then search the better hotels on the hills above Playa Ropa. During Semana Santa the place will be packed so better get on it right away.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #13169
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,158
Quote:
That road was one of the highlights of our two weeks down in Mexico. See signature line for RR on that trip, and view the pics. One hell of a fun road!

Of course, out of respect for Baldy and the fool who warned him, you could have issues, breakdown, or die.

But, we didnt.

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
rgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #13170
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
Its a nice ride. Right through Zapatista country.
Nothing you can't fix with a balaclava.