Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #2191
DS Hobo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
1200S rear shocks

@ sloryder

The rear shocks are 13" Showa nitrogen charged shocks R 54552-96A (right) and L 54542 -96A (left). I really like the ride these shocks provide, firm but not stiff. I have had a Kraftech rigid custom amd a lowered 883C; both of those bikes were hard riding bikes after fifty miles or so. The shocks on the 883C were limited in travel because of their 8" length.

What good is a post without pictures? Here's a few:

http://

http://
DS Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #2192
Monkeyshines
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree88 View Post
http://www.storzperf.com/blowout.html

stock takeoff wheels 16/19 cast 95.00 front 125.00 rear
including tires ...1500 miles.

Monkeyshines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #2193
Weldman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,008
Been riding Jap bikes for a lot of years but I always wanted

a Sportster. So fuck it ... I brought this home last weekend. It's a '99 and I'm lovin' it .
Old 02-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #2194
Eye of the Tiger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
a Sportster. So fuck it ... I brought this home last weekend. It's a '99 and I'm lovin' it .
Fuck it!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #2195
Weldman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,008
Yeah I went through all the reasons NOT to buy one

again and again. They're crude, heavy, slow, unrefined, loud, they vibrate and drop parts etc. But I always came to the same conclusion: I just WANTED one. So fuck it! Once in a while in this world you just gotta say "fuck it" and do what makes you happy despite rational thought processes. This bike makes me happy every time I ride it or look at it !
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #2196
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,187
Quote:
Once in a while in this world you just gotta say "fuck it" and do what makes you happy despite rational thought processes. This bike makes me happy every time I ride it or look at it !

Hence the last line in my sig. It actually used to say "FUCK IT" but I thought that was a little crude for a signature that appeared in all my posts, so I changed it to be a little less... crude...

But yeah, that's a philosophy I came to at the end of my last relationship. Seems to work for me, cause now I'm about to marry the woman of my dreams. The one that just so happened to give me my Sportster for Christmas last month! The only reason I'm with her now is that I said, "FUCK IT!" So, in a round about way, me saying "FUCK IT" also got me into Sportsters....
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #2197
Red eyed and Rollin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Sportys

But yeah, that's a philosophy I came to at the end of my last relationship. Seems to work for me, cause now I'm about to marry the woman of my dreams. The one that just so happened to give me my Sportster for Christmas last month! The only reason I'm with her now is that I said, "FUCK IT!" So, in a round about way, me saying "FUCK IT" also got me into Sportsters....[/QUOTE]

Im trading my Bagger on a "new" XR 1200 X, so i know the meaning of FUCK IT. Ride what you want Sportys are the best running Harley motor. The best built. Forget what all the pirate posers say Sportys have always been the shit. Looking forward to riding the snot out the bike. I think we may be onto a movement here. Fuck it. I have tried to live my life on my own terms sometimes you can some times you gotta just say FUCK IT.
Red eyed and Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #2198
ukiboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
again and again. They're crude, heavy, slow, unrefined, loud, they vibrate and drop parts etc. But I always came to the same conclusion: I just WANTED one. So fuck it! Once in a while in this world you just gotta say "fuck it" and do what makes you happy despite rational thought processes. This bike makes me happy every time I ride it or look at it !
Amen to that! I bought my Sportster last month brand new, and its taken a while to 'gel' with the thing but your post sums it up for me.
I think it would be like asking a pilot - would you prefer to fly a modern day fighter jet (smooth, fast, effective, deadly efficient) or a WWII Mustang or Spitfire (slower, noisier, cruder etc).
I bet most pilots would take the vintage option and, to me, thats the difference between my Sportster and a Honda or Yamaha inline 4..
ukiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #2199
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 902
Ok..First time I have pulled the choke on..anything to get it started today Freeken sportster's anyway..
So experts, tell me why I shouldn't by a damn nice "94 1200 for $5000.

17,000 miles with a 5 gal bucket full of gold live to ride..and freedom something or other..Or at least thats where all that stuff will end up. Extra tank and fenders, saddle bags ect. Sounded nice. Told the guy I couldnt ride it today as I didnt bring my helmet.. I thought he was going to pass out.
I want the earlier models for the lack of FI and unpainted motor, if that makes sense.
Lets hear it.
Gary
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #2200
gusanito
Mindless Wonderer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Hog View Post
Ok..First time I have pulled the choke on..anything to get it started today Freeken sportster's anyway..
So experts, tell me why I shouldn't by a damn nice "94 1200 for $5000.

17,000 miles with a 5 gal bucket full of gold live to ride..and freedom something or other..Or at least thats where all that stuff will end up. Extra tank and fenders, saddle bags ect. Sounded nice. Told the guy I couldnt ride it today as I didnt bring my helmet.. I thought he was going to pass out.
I want the earlier models for the lack of FI and unpainted motor, if that makes sense.
Lets hear it.
Gary
Without seeing any pics of it, $5k is too high, IMO.
I paid $3500 for my '96 1200S with 16k miles a few years ago.
gusanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #2201
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusanito View Post
Without seeing any pics of it, $5k is too high, IMO.
I paid $3500 for my '96 1200S with 16k miles a few years ago.
Sounds a little high to me too. A couple months ago I found a nice '06 (last year for carbs) 1200R with about 10K miles for $4500. Unless of course you just wanna stick with a solid mount.
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #2202
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

mmm just went to nada and 4500 is for excellent 1385 for fair.
Fricken dealers, should have known. Car dealer so I ASSumed they would be wanting to dump it. Thats what happens when I travel down to the big city Maybe they will go into dump mode as a snow storm is set to hit tonight.
Gary
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #2203
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Hog View Post
mmm just went to nada and 4500 is for excellent 1385 for fair.
Fricken dealers, should have known. Car dealer so I ASSumed they would be wanting to dump it. Thats what happens when I travel down to the big city Maybe they will go into dump mode as a snow storm is set to hit tonight.
Gary

They probably don't have that much in it. If you like it, call and make 'em an offer for an amount you're comfortable with... Never know....
Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #2204
Berto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,213
Gas Hog, be patient and keep looking the deals are out there.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Everyone has a use in life. Even if it is only to serve as a bad example
Berto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #2205
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
Gas Hog, be patient and keep looking the deals are out there.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2
Patient....crap I was afraid that was the right answer.
I thought I was doing good by passing on the first bacon covered eclair I have ever seen earlier in the day.
Gary