Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #5926
Wisconsinkris
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
It was in the passenger compartment and way too big to hide from the LEO if he came up to the window so I got out and met him between our cars.
In Wisconsin the LEO would have drawn his gun on you if get out of your car.
Wisconsinkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #5927
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post

Honeslty, I felt pretty damned smart at that point, .................... AND probably a DUI as well.

I hope in retrospect, for at least the last part, you feel dumb now.

Richard
PFFOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #5928
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsinkris View Post
In Wisconsin the LEO would have drawn his gun on you if get out of your car.

Duck said it was back when he was " 20 and stupid." That might have been some time ago when cop protocol was different.

He is older now.

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #5929
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 712
Five or six years ago I was heading home on my cb750 when I saw a state cop on a bike at a crossroad waiting to turn left. I thought that it was out of place to see that in town, and put it out of my head. I get down the road almost to the next light and he's right behind me with his lights on. I wasn't speeding or riding like a squid, so I had no idea why. It turns out that my headlight was not lit, and I showed him the switch and explained that the detent was worn out and sometimes I accidentally bump it when using the kill switch. He let me off with a warning on the promise I would fix it to stay on all the time.

I haven't done anything about it, other than checking that it is still on. I sometimes use the kickstarter, and turn off the light when I do to get more power to the ignition.
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #5930
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Honeslty, I felt pretty damned smart at that point, I got out of a reckless driving, expired plate AND probably a DUI as well.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #5931
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris View Post
Duck said it was back when he was " 20 and stupid." That might have been some time ago when cop protocol was different.
Yup, back around 1980.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #5932
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 651
Wicked

i was on the little ape (sportcity 250) running errands and pulled in for gas off of lake shitty way in north seattle when lo and behold: road king with the attendant weekend warrior rider, decked out in the full hd catalog and sporting facial hair groomed to magnificence in a seattle salon.

he looks pointedly at my little blue scoot. "you ride that? you some kinda faggot?" it was a pretty unconvincing delivery. i grew up in lewis county, and when lc folks cast aspersions on your presumed heterosexual status there, they say it like they mean it. this dude called me a "faggot" the way i'd expect a dentist or bank manager to call me it, with a little querulous note at the end.

"i ain't gonna run errands on a road king, BRO," i said, "and if you're asking, between you and me, i'm not the one with the pirate drag costume ball i need to get to." (i blame a certain aprilia forum for bringing that response to mind..)

he sneered at me. "hey, we all like to ride. don't be a dick," i said, but he totally ignored me. he also blasted his pipes good and loud as he left.

most harley types in the area are nice guys (and gals), usually from the big software houses and cop no attitudes. the baggers and cruisers you meet riding 101 around the peninsula are friendly to a fault, and the only danger is that they'll let you get back on your bike drunk
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #5933
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasigentrified View Post
... lo and behold: road king with the attendant weekend warrior rider, decked out in the full hd catalog and sporting facial hair groomed to magnificence in a seattle salon.
Don't know where I heard it first, but we call them "dental bikers". Monday through Friday they are dentists, accountants, Clark Kents; but after work or on the weekends they are Bad Ass in their shiny loud magnificence.
Having been around 1%ers, back in the day, these guys crack me up. Accessory lifestyle.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #5934
DR Donk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Don't know where I heard it first, but we call them "dental bikers". Monday through Friday they are dentists, accountants, Clark Kents; but after work or on the weekends they are Bad Ass in their shiny loud magnificence.
Having been around 1%ers, back in the day, these guys crack me up. Accessory lifestyle.

1911fan
I see a lot of that. I don't care if someone wants to get all "accessorized" with the latest motorcycle fashion or what they ride. I just hate it when they look down their noses and sneer because of what someone else is riding. It's not only some Harley riders but add on Gold Wing, BMW and a lot of guys on the latest sportbike.
DR Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #5935
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:

1911fan
Wasn't there an episode of Married With Children where Al stumbles into a 'tough' biker bar and starts getting razzed by a guy for being a shoe salesman? The guy's buddy calls him out - "Hey, Bob, you're a Dentist!", to which Bob responds "It's better than being an Accountant like you!".
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #5936
BryonLewis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
I ride a fairly modified suzki B-King (already a fairly unknown bike, only in U.S. for one year). It has projector headlight, painted blue (badges removed for painting never bothered to put them back on) and a R1 hear section and tail light.

I frequently get asked what the thing is whenever I stop someplace. It's interesting because the cruiser guys are usually more interested in it. Probably because of how wide it is.

I've actually had one Harley guy ask me if it was a custom Boss Hoss.

Everyone seems to think they know the engine better than me when I tell them it is the same thing as a Gen II Busa except different intake and exhaust.

People usually don't believe that those are the stock exhausts on the back.

I get asked if I ever get tired from the riding position, (they don't realize it's a standard position)
BryonLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #5937
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonLewis View Post
I ride a fairly modified suzki B-King (already a fairly unknown bike, only in U.S. for one year). It has projector headlight, painted blue (badges removed for painting never bothered to put them back on) and a R1 hear section and tail light.

I frequently get asked what the thing is whenever I stop someplace. It's interesting because the cruiser guys are usually more interested in it. Probably because of how wide it is.

I've actually had one Harley guy ask me if it was a custom Boss Hoss.

Everyone seems to think they know the engine better than me when I tell them it is the same thing as a Gen II Busa except different intake and exhaust.

People usually don't believe that those are the stock exhausts on the back.

I get asked if I ever get tired from the riding position, (they don't realize it's a standard position)
I always thought the B-King was a fugly bike. Then I sat on one, and it was comfortable. Then I rode it, and it was awesome. Suddenly, I thought the B-King was sexy. Way more engine and power than I'd ever need, but a fun bike indeed.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #5938
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,869
I've wanted a b-king for a long time but my wife put it on the 'banned' list after my brother told her how fast it is...
1975 BMW R90/6
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #5939
BryonLewis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by trc.rhubarb View Post
I've wanted a b-king for a long time but my wife put it on the 'banned' list after my brother told her how fast it is...
While it is faster than anyone probably ever needs, it is also quite tame just riding around at slow speeds. It's easier to drive slow than the CBR600RR in my garage. It can be ridden at 30MPH in 5th gear and still pull nicely if you twist it.
BryonLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #5940
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,419
Quote:

1911fan
Hells orthodontists.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote