Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #5821
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Black Ops II is free for the weekend on steam, and looking awesome maxed out @ 1920x1200 60 FPS.

And I'm almost 1:1 in my 2nd game using the 360 controller.
Unfortunately it's MP only.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #5822
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Unfortunately it's MP only.
It's full of n00b's from the free trial so it's not that bad. I do wish it included zombies though, I've been playing that mostly on my friend's XBox.

One weird thing VS COD on the XBox is close combat is hard as hell. On the console it's pretty easy to knife someone, but on the PC I've seen/been in situations where it's 2 people running in circles basically trying to knife each other and failing multiple times due to the incredibly fast rotation rate.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #5823
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,551
Just played dead space 3 for about half an hour... I didn't like the way the enemies take damage, it looks stupid, especially the dead bodies behaving like balloons... The physics of the game generally feel "old"..

So far I'm far from impressed...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #5824
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,339
"QVINTILI VARE, LEGIONES REDDE!"

UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #5825
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,831
SimCity is out today, but I have to work first

For some odd reason my 6 year old is really wanting to play this game. I'm cool with that. Good bonding time and I can use it to teach her a few basic life lessons such as money management. This is of course assuming she does not get bored with it after 5 mintes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #5826
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,997
Is "tearing" (parts of the screen doesn't rotate at the same rate making it look like part is tearing away from the other) normal on AC Revelations for XBox? Not sure if for some.reason my Xbox is messing up since I've been having FPS issues with Skyrim.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #5827
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Is "tearing" (parts of the screen doesn't rotate at the same rate making it look like part is tearing away from the other) normal on AC Revelations for XBox? Not sure if for some.reason my Xbox is messing up since I've been having FPS issues with Skyrim.
That's V-Sync. It's not normal behavior for any game. For PC there are settings within both the game and the drivers for it. I'm not Xbox fluent but it would indicate to me a hardware issue, especially if you've started having framerate issues where there were none before.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #5828
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,831
SimCity is the first game I have owned that requires you to be online to play. So far, I do not like it (not the game, the online DRM). I was not able to play much yesterday due to issues, and I can not play now. All games are saved to their servers, not on my PC. I started three games last night, then had to start over due to their server issues when the games did not save when I closed the game. I know this is not the first time a game has had this type of DRM, and every other example I know of has had these same issues upon game launch. My question, is why? Everyone knew this was going to be a popular game, its not like the initial server load was going to be a surprise. In a few weeks I am certain the resources allocated to the game will suffice, but for now...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #5829
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
SimCity is the first game I have owned that requires you to be online to play. So far, I do not like it (not the game, the online DRM). I was not able to play much yesterday due to issues, and I can not play now. All games are saved to their servers, not on my PC. I started three games last night, then had to start over due to their server issues when the games did not save when I closed the game. I know this is not the first time a game has had this type of DRM, and every other example I know of has had these same issues upon game launch. My question, is why? Everyone knew this was going to be a popular game, its not like the initial server load was going to be a surprise. In a few weeks I am certain the resources allocated to the game will suffice, but for now...
I have a buddy that works for EA (he's on the C&C team) and he was lamenting about this just this morning. EA does this to themselves with every big game launch.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #5830
Jeffy
Hmm...

I went with ARMA 3 Alpha instead of getting Sim City or Tomb Raider. Though I'll be getting one or both later.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #5831
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,309
Pick up tomb raider today, good game, I havent liked the last few ones. The game plays alot like the drakes fortune series.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #5832
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
SimCity will not be on my list, ever, because of the always online requirement. It's not the first EA game I've ignored.

It won't be the last.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #5833
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,339
If you folks don't want situations like ActiBlizzard's Diablo III "Error 37" or this latest shit from EA to become commonplace, stop giving your hard-earned cash to companies militating for always-online, server-based DRM and other such idiotic arbitrary restrictions.
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #5834
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
If you folks don't want situations like ActiBlizzard's Diablo III "Error 37" or this latest shit from EA to become commonplace, stop giving your hard-earned cash to companies militating for always-online, server-based DRM and other such idiotic arbitrary restrictions.
Ah good old Error 37... Yeah I hate having to be online when I'm not playing online. I also hate Origin as well. I haven't played Diablo III in months. It was a good game though.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #5835
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
SimCity will not be on my list, ever, because of the always online requirement. It's not the first EA game I've ignored.

It won't be the last.
Same here......EA is welcome to stop by my house and blow me. I used to buy Tiger Woods Golf every other year or so, until they quit putting it on the PC. Played Battlefield as well. Didn't bother with BF3, nor do I plan on buying Crysis 3 thanks to their current business practices.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: