Saget
Not quite a full house

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Sorry it took a little while but here is what is in the P-39

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3727

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7638

they don't make the motor anylonger, but it was a 40 equilvent motor....next time it is down I will pop off the prop and unscrew the cowl and shoot a pic....I really can't remember what it was.

Thanks for taking the time to do that, that gives me a good comparison point. But don't go tearing into it on my account. I just placed another order from Hobby King to get the Corsair flying. For about the price of an E-Flite Power 60, I got a bigger NTM Prop-Drive motor, 100 amp ESC, 4S 5800 mah battery, a prop, and shipping!! If anyone asks me why I've become somewhat anti-Horizon Hobby, there ya go. There's more, but since no one asked I won't rant.

Just looking forward to getting that bird in the air! If I'm happy with this stuff, I'll order the same setup for the Extra 300.
2008 Kaw Connie14
2005 Kaw KLR650
2003 Hon CRF450R
Saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #1637
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saget View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do that, that gives me a good comparison point. But don't go tearing into it on my account. I just placed another order from Hobby King to get the Corsair flying. For about the price of an E-Flite Power 60, I got a bigger NTM Prop-Drive motor, 100 amp ESC, 4S 5800 mah battery, a prop, and shipping!! If anyone asks me why I've become somewhat anti-Horizon Hobby, there ya go. There's more, but since no one asked I won't rant.

Just looking forward to getting that bird in the air! If I'm happy with this stuff, I'll order the same setup for the Extra 300.

I hope Hobby King is getting back on track. My last 2 orders haven't even shipped and it's been nearly 2 weeks. Chinese New Year they said...although the first order was a week before the holiday....

Patience is not one of my few virtues.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #1638
Saget
Not quite a full house

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
I hope Hobby King is getting back on track. My last 2 orders haven't even shipped and it's been nearly 2 weeks. Chinese New Year they said...although the first order was a week before the holiday....

Patience is not one of my few virtues.
Fortunately they had everything I wanted in the US warehouse. I should have it by the end of the week. But I know what you mean, I've never had an order take unreasonably long from them, but I've heard lots of people say they have.
2008 Kaw Connie14
2005 Kaw KLR650
2003 Hon CRF450R
Saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:49 AM   #1639
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,097
Always....always check the US location first.

I noticed while looking the other day they had the little Spad on sale for like $60....I also noticed they had pioneer on sale...i would say stay away from that plane....I had great hopes for it but I could not get it to fly worth crap....finally on the last crash I decided to trash it....still have not pulled the good stuff out yet, but it has left me a little wearry on their other planes. I have had mixed luck with their f9f Panther, It is a great plane when it flys, but it is built to a price point....first one lost a fan in mid flight....then it never really flew quite right after that. Second one had a bad servo right out of the box....I know we are talking sub $100 planes here so that is why I can give them a pass.....but these are not their planes, they are made by skyangel and only sold by them....the Pioneer is the first "hobby king" plane I have had and not impressed would be an understatement.
If their P26 ever goes on sale I will give that a try, or the Sky Raider I love that one as well.....they also have a nice 310 that I like, but not for full price.

I did buy a Banana Hobby Panther a few weeks ago, I have not got to fly it yet....just too darn windy, for the last week we have had 20+mph winds....with at times over 40mph.....now a big snow storm is coming......I hate winter.

For all the bad press you read about Banana I have yet to have one single problem from them....I have bought 6 FMS planes from them....and I really like the FMS brand.....so far I have gotten just what I have ordered.

And I agree with what you say about Horizon I think they are killing the hobby....or fueling HK one of the two. But they do it to themself. Not long ago....well 6 months...my wife got me a gift card to the LHS (read horizon hobby outlet) I decided I really wanted a Tamiya Sand Scorcher Re-Re....so I checked on line with Tower and then with Tamiya itself to get an idea of the price. Went to order and they said it would be $600....ahhh NO. Tamiya has the rough rider for $199 on sale and Tower has the sand scorcher for 299 with a 50 off and free shipping. I did not buy and just ordered both online.

I try...really try to support the LHS as much as I can....I do see a value there, but I am not going to get screwed that bad on something. Now if horizon comes out with something that I really want....the PZ Albatros is one, I will buy from them, but on other stuff not so much.....I still have about a 150 credit there....last thing I bought was some paint for the exhaust on the Sand Scorcher.

I remember seeing that in the early 80's and wanted one so bad.....now that I am 47 and not 17 I can afford to get one. I want to pick up one of their cc01 bronco's and tig weld up a trailer to haul the bug on....now that will be cool.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #1640
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saget View Post

No problem, with the battery I slowly worked up the flight times....now I like scale so I do not rocket around the sky, but I want power incase I do something stupid....but with what I have in there I have flight times of 7 minutes and am pretty happy with that.....the plane is not too scale it has a large constant chord wing and makes it really a big trainer and not a warbird...but it sure looks good in the sky.

I also have Alfa's little P39 and that thing is a great plane....wish someone in the states carried them....Hobby-lobby did at one time (online hobby store not the art and craft place) now you have to order online. Many say they have great experences with them, but the site is so web 1.0 I am a little weary.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #1641
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Always....always check the US location first.
Ya, did that....Even my order that was all sourced at the US warehouse hasn't arrived...it's been 2 weeks plus.

The prices are good, but the shipping is crazy on anything with any weight to it. $51 for shipping on 6 motors, 6 ESCs, some carbon fiber tube a tiny receiver and 2 batteries.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #1642
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,333
Ordered one of these a few days ago, http://www.outerwearsracing.com/prod...sp?prod=202656
Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #1643
GR0NK
Got some screws loose!

Oddometer: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC View Post
and on the third full throttle launch in heavy sand the right rear drive shaft failed. The rears needed replacement anyway.
On your Pede? I went to the MIP X-CVDs on my Slash 4x4 and they are holding up great. A bit more rotational weight, it's noticeable, but much stronger.

Sean

Nullus Vereor ex Terra Incognita
GR0NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #1644
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0NK View Post
On your Pede? I went to the MIP X-CVDs on my Slash 4x4 and they are holding up great. A bit more rotational weight, it's noticeable, but much stronger.
Sean
The CVDs are nice, but as I just use the truck for fun. Seeing as the stock shafts lasted 3 years or so and they cost 1/3 what the CVds do, I just went with another set of stockers.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #1645
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,093
I have CVDs on my crawler, and basically resulted in trashing the transmission multiple times until I'd replaced every "weak" link in there.
:(
The shafts would break "occasionally" on me, and were cheap and easy to replace.
Having to take apart the transmission and rebuild it was a pain.

Keeping the "fuse" an easy to replace part is a lot easier for fun. For competitions, you need to replace all the "easy to break parts" but that gets pricey.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #1646
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Added an Outerwears cover tot eh 4x4 Pede

Old 02-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #1647
Tilt2turn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry View Post
My wife brought me on a birthday shopping spree on Saturday morning - I came home with the new double brushless MCPX!!

It's pretty damn amazing right out of the box!! Flew today in 20-30mph wind and handled it like a champ. Love it, and love my wife

That would be an awesome little heli to fly once I get the basic maneuvers down. Glad you're having fun with it.
I have replaced the swashplate with the aluminum Microheli unit. Also, the boom splintered into pieces, so I bought a 2mm carbon fiber rod, covered the wires with a black coffee stirrer, and made it a half inch longer. Still flys good, maybe even better. No inverted hover yet, lol.

http://winginit.smugmug.com/
Tilt2turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #1648
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

Oddometer: 557
Did some flying at lunch time today..

The new Quad -

Also flew my new little heli the wife got me - MCPX BL :)

CousinLarry screwed with this post 02-23-2013 at 05:22 AM
CousinLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #1649
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,483
Can't see the videos - anyone else having trouble?
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #1650
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,248
fail
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: