User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 717 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #28741
Motor31
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,943
Rusty, depending on the wording of the law you might be able to do what pump / semi auto shot gunners do. Put a small block in the mag to prevent loading more than the state mandated number of rounds. If the law does not recognize the modification however you are better off moving or sending them to a friend in a state that recognizes the constitution.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #28742
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
[/COLOR]

Are you familiar with the Hungarian made FEG, P9R? I have one and love it. Copy of the Hi-power with the features you ask for. It will digest anything I feed it. Fit and finish is very good. The only drawback I can find is that it wont accept Hi-power magazines. I do believe Hi-power mags may be modified to work. Heres a link, I hope it works.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/918896114...uto_Pistol.htm
Nice gun and good price, I purchased my cz75p07 in november becuase I wanted a DA/SA decocker, I just feel more comfortable with it. I love the hp and the history it has. I read no gun has seen more combat than the hp, even sadam carried one. British army just retired it. The quality of the cz has impressed me too.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #28743
Jays-f800gs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Thumbs down

Well I picked picked up my Springfield xdm 9mm about a week ago, was going to go shooting tomorrow but there's no ammo anywhere!
Jays-f800gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #28744
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays-f800gs View Post
Well I picked picked up my Springfield xdm 9mm about a week ago, was going to go shooting tomorrow but there's no ammo anywhere!
Lucky gunner online dealer, I just had 1000 9mm delievered today only took 2 days. You have to keep checking their website and jump when you see what you want, it goes fast. It was a little pricey 41 cents a round for federal 124g fmj, but I like to target shoot and springs coming
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #28745
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays-f800gs View Post
It's sad. Ammo for 9's is unobtainable right now. I just keep haunting the local gun shops so that I catch 'em the day they have some.

Today, my local store had .223 for the first time in MONTHS. I don't shoot it, but he was limiting to two boxes per person.

He had a bunch of .40 S&W so I picked up a couple of boxes to shoot tomorrow.

I'm going to have to reload.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #28746
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
All I want is one friggin box of .223 so I can go test out my AR, but I'm going to assume that won't happen for some time.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #28747
ChromeSux
Plated and screwed

Oddometer: 1,397
You guys are making me feel guilty, i guess all those hours i spent reloading and stashing away ammo over the years are finally paying off, i have been able to just go shooting when i want without thinking about supply, although my stash of 7.62x39 is a little low, that is one caliber i dont reload.
ChromeSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #28748
a$$hole
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 934
I've been watching Gunbot.net and found some deals. You have to watch it like a hawk though because the shit is gone in a minute or so.
a$$hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #28749
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
All I want is one friggin box of .223 so I can go test out my AR, but I'm going to assume that won't happen for some time.
Yea, my local store has .223, but it's all high quality Remington stuff, 20 round boxes.

I'm surprised that in all of the DFW area there's none available.

I'm hopeful that the hoarding demand will be met eventually - given how few people I see at the range, no one is shooting the hoards - so eventually they have to decide they have "Enough" - however much that is...

I'm sure going to hold off on the Savage .308 I've been eying - since you can't buy .308 NATO anywhere either.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Old 02-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #28750
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeSux View Post
You guys are making me feel guilty, i guess all those hours i spent reloading and stashing away ammo over the years are finally paying off, i have been able to just go shooting when i want without thinking about supply, although my stash of 7.62x39 is a little low, that is one caliber i dont reload.
Ain't that the SKS round? I thought spamcans of that were still all over the place.

Hell, you were smart, you can't find much in way of reloading supplies either around here - there's powder and premium projecticles but primers are hard to find right now. sigh.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #28751
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Garcia O'Kely View Post
Yea, my local store has .223, but it's all high quality Remington stuff, 20 round boxes.

I'm surprised that in all of the DFW area there's none available.

I'm hopeful that the hoarding demand will be met eventually - given how few people I see at the range, no one is shooting the hoards - so eventually they have to decide they have "Enough" - however much that is...

I'm sure going to hold off on the Savage .308 I've been eying - since you can't buy .308 NATO anywhere either.
There's probably some somewhere, but we hit up Academy a couple of weekends ago and there was literally no ammunition for pistols and only about 4 boxes off 5.45X39 and about 10 boxes of .222 REM and that was all for the rifle stuff.

Tons of shotgun ammo though.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #28752
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,723
I am glad I saw this shit coming and got well stocked up before the election. I would like to save my 'piles' and pick up some more but it is challenging for sure.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #28753
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

I bought 200rds of it before thanksgiving when I bought the rifle, but it's hard not to tear into it.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:02 AM   #28754
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,527
The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

I travel quite a bit and have had some luck at Wal-Marts that are near large cities but not really in the country. Last week, at different stores, I picked up thre 250 rd boxes of Remington .45 ACP (one was JHP) and three 50 rd boxes of Remington 9mm. When I purchased the 9mm, I saw they had three boxes left. I went back out the car, changed shirts, put on a sport coat and removed my glasses. Fifteen minutes later, I bought the other three boxes from the same clerk. I probably broke some law doing that.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #28755
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
My new plinker. Now if I could only find a decent cache of ammo.

bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: