Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 479 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #28756
fyrfytr
B.U.F.F.

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
My new plinker. Now if I could only find a decent cache of ammo.

That photo gives me an idea for a new billiards game...

Nice rifle.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #28757
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
My new plinker. Now if I could only find a decent cache of ammo.

Watch what ammo you use. I just sent mine back to S&W because it fired a round that was not fully chambered and blew the extractor clean out of the bolt. They said they have had issues with them doing that. I really didn’t think a rimfire would fire if not fully chambered…but now I know.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #28758
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 857
What kinda ammo caused the malfunction?
bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #28759
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,464
I had a weak moment. This has been added to the stable. It's a Ruger 10/22 stainless Mannlicher.

Put a Weaver 2.5 on it that I already had.

Soon as it warms up here, I will give a test fire report. I hope it will get along with his big brother in the safe.

siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #28760
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,189
^^^^^Beautiful!^^^^^^
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #28761
VegasKLRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
I had a weak moment. This has been added to the stable. It's a Ruger 10/22 stainless Mannlicher.

Hey- I've got one of those. Never seen another one.

WWJWD?

What Would John Wayne Do?

Southwest Riders visit www.my2wheels.com.
VegasKLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #28762
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,289
I just had to toss out a hundred rounds of corroded .22 that I stored carelessly. They were just nasty old Thunderbolts, but it is still a frustrating waste - particularly now when I can't find .22 anywhere.

I have most of my ammo salted away more carefully elsewhere, but it still chaps my hide.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #28763
SourKraut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanCT View Post
I just had to toss out a hundred rounds of corroded .22 that I stored carelessly. They were just nasty old Thunderbolts, but it is still a frustrating waste - particularly now when I can't find .22 anywhere.

I have most of my ammo salted away more carefully elsewhere, but it still chaps my hide.
Those Thunderbolts suck. I have an unopened 500 round box tucked away because it is such a PITA to use except in a revolver or lever gun and it still pisses me off. Glad I have five or six federal 525 round packs tucked away too.
SourKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #28764
RonS
Out there...

Oddometer: 17,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 10 round magazine for a S&W 59. (normal is 14 Rd.)

CT is proposing a 10 round magazine maximum and giving people till Oct. 1st to get rid of their "illegal" stuff if it passes. I'd like to be able to keep this pistol, because it was the first I ever bought. 1979.
They cannot make you get rid of them. Some excerpts from various sites on the subject: Ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the United States Constitution in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3 and further sections apply to the states as well. Ex post facto laws (Latin for "from after the action" or "after the fact"), also called a retroactive law, is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law. If your state government tries to make a law and force you to get rid of your mags after you already own them then they are in direct violation of the Constitution.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #28765
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
They cannot make you get rid of them. Some excerpts from various sites on the subject: Ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the United States Constitution in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3 and further sections apply to the states as well. Ex post facto laws (Latin for "from after the action" or "after the fact"), also called a retroactive law, is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law. If your state government tries to make a law and force you to get rid of your mags after you already own them then they are in direct violation of the Constitution.
NYS just passed a law that does that. Pre-ban mags over 10 rounds were legal, but now have to be out of the state before the end of the year.

10 round mags stay legal, but cannot be loaded with more than 7 rounds, which is probably one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard of. "But officer, I must have miscounted". "Sorry, 8 rounds in there, gonna' have to take you in".

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #28766
RonS
Out there...

Oddometer: 17,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
NYS just passed a law that does that. Pre-ban mags over 10 rounds were legal, but now have to be out of the state before the end of the year.

10 round mags stay legal, but cannot be loaded with more than 7 rounds, which is probably one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard of. "But officer, I must have miscounted". "Sorry, 8 rounds in there, gonna' have to take you in".
I know they did. I would hope that someone is trying to get an injunction against its implementation while it works it way through the courts and up to the SCOTUS. The Constitution is pretty explicit with regards to Ex Post Facto Laws and for good reason.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #28767
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasKLRider View Post
Hey- I've got one of those. Never seen another one.
Gander Mountain of Janesville WI has sold 3 in the last 2 weeks. Sales dude said Gander has 300 ordered through Ruger and will sprinkle them throughout all their stores,,,,,
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #28768
Fred Garvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
machine gun for a ural sidecar

I will be posting this in the hack section and Ural forums, but I thought I would tap the resources here for some info as to where I might be able to find a mock up or replicated machine gun to put on a Ural sidecar. My first choice would be a Russian DP 28 for authenticity purposes with a German MG 42 as my next choice. A Browning 1919A and a BAR would also work if it would be a more feasiable option. The sidecar has a pintle available along with mounts for the DP 28 and MG 42.
Inlight of all the gun controll nonsense that exists, I have questioned numerous law personnel and have gotten mixed reactions to my desires. I truyly expect to get " questioned ", but am prepared to prove that it will not fire and is for a conversational purposes and it will not be an everyday occurance but would be used primarilly for parades etc.
Thanks for any help you might provide.

Fred Garvin screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 07:17 AM Reason: change intro
Fred Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #28769
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Garvin View Post
I will be posting this in the hack section and Ural forums, but I thought I would tap the resources here for some info as to where I might be able to find a mock up or replicated machine gun to put on a Ural sidecar. My first choice would be a Russian DP 28 for authenticity purposes with a German MG 42 as my next choice. A Browning 1919A and a BAR would also work if it would be a more feasiable option. The sidecar has a pintle available along with mounts for the DP 28 and MG 42.
Inlight of all the gun controll nonsense that exists, I have questioned numerous law personnel and have gotten mixed reactions to my desires. I truyly expect to get " questioned ", but am prepared to prove that it will not fire and is for a conversational purposes and it will not be an everyday occurance but would be used primarilly for parades etc.
Thanks for any help you might provide.

Do you know about the Soviet Steeds forum for Urals? There is a TON of info over there in the modifications & accessories subforum on this very sort of thing.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #28770
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post

Put a Weaver 2.5 on it that I already had.

Damn, been trying to find one of those, blued though, the TALO model...that's nice looking.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: