Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #781
DRock_690
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I picked up this bad boy just after Christmas. What a freaking blast!

So far I've only been able to ride in the snow and some quick blasts through my neighborhood. I can't wait to get it on some trails. My first dirt bike since I was a small child.
DRock_690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #782
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCJEEP View Post
Congratulations on the kid!!

And definitely let us know on the sale. I know of a couple of people that may be interested me being one.
It is now for sale in the flea market( here on ADV). Other potential buyer had some commitments come up and could not buy it.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #783
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I was going to put an SX head on my '11 300 XC-W. The higher compression is supposed to boost low end torque, especially at our high altitude.

I was chatting with a guy on the trail this weekend who had done the mod. His already miserable gas mileage got worse. This might dissuade me.

Anyone else have experience on gas mileage differences? I've finally got my jetting sorted out, and I'm still disappointed with the mileage. I'm not sure the additional torque would be worth the decreased range.
I'm callin BS on the mileage claim

It doesn't require a rejet and the higher compression makes the motor a bit more efficient powerwise so unless he's twisting it more I think he's mistaken. Lots of 300 running around out there with crappy jetting.

I got the head, I saw no discernable difference in mileage but a nice improvment in power. It pulls a 1 tooth smaller back sprocket as easy as it did the stock gearing so if anything that will help mileage also. I had it in the desert this weekend and it was rippin nicely in the cold weather so if anything I'm a little rich the rest of the year. I never worry about it much though, 4 gal tank was some of the best $$ spent on the bike.

RideFreak screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 07:41 PM
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #784
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Thanks guys for the ideas.

I came across this for the 690. Siiiick!

http://www.graphickitsdepot.com/inde...s&p=323&i=9877
There's all kinds of those on ebay in every color and perversion
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #785
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

Oddometer: 497
Just picked up a '09 300XC that used to be a 250. Going through it now replacing the chain, sprockets, bearings, etc. Hope to get to ride it soon. Had a '07 300XCW. Hope I like this one.
'14 KTM 350XCF-W

ekms377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #786
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,103
Power valve adjustment - Need dimension for 2011

I need help on the power valve adjustment for a 2011 300 XC-W.

I have a service manual for a 2006 that calls out a spec for the power valve height. If you search the manual, it's called "Adjusting the control flap (dimension "Z"). The 2011 motor is very similar, so the procedures are the same, but I suspect the Z dimension might be different.

Can anyone with a current service manual let me know what is called out?

Thanks in Advance.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #787
Joe Watson
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,030
Well well well! Looks like I will be joining the "dark side" as I used to call it! Well, I literally will with my black 300! Can't wait to get to riding it!!

Joe Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #788
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Hello fellow 300 owners. I recently purchased a 2008 300xcw. I have been fixing and replacing missing parts over the last week. The kick stand that came in the box of extras seems to be roughly 2 inches too short and missing the return spring and hard ware. When looking at the parts diagram there are 2 springs shown. Anyone have some insight or experience on the side stands? I also saw there are aftermarket/improved side stands available.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #789
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
Hello fellow 300 owners. I recently purchased a 2008 300xcw. I have been fixing and replacing missing parts over the last week. The kick stand that came in the box of extras seems to be roughly 2 inches too short and missing the return spring and hard ware. When looking at the parts diagram there are 2 springs shown. Anyone have some insight or experience on the side stands? I also saw there are aftermarket/improved side stands available.
I can only see one spring on my '08. It does have a 1/2 moon arm for the return spring. Kickstand length is right at 16.5" from center piviot bolt to the far tip of the foot.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #790
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Thank you for the measurements and pic. Very helpful.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #791
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Watson View Post
Well well well! Looks like I will be joining the "dark side" as I used to call it! Well, I literally will with my black 300! Can't wait to get to riding it!!

Another WR250R to KTM 300EXC convert. Welcome Joe. Although my WRR is staying, and the KTM is broken at this point.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #792
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Watson View Post

Damn, that black looks good! Nice bike joe, you're going to like it!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #793
Lolodesiles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
my 2010 have two springs, the smaller inside the bigger

the 1/2 moon is useless if you have the short bolt/axle of the stand

hope this helps ;)
Lolodesiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #794
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolodesiles View Post
my 2010 have two springs, the smaller inside the bigger

the 1/2 moon is useless if you have the short bolt/axle of the stand

hope this helps ;)
I don't think I'd call it useless, the spring won't reach without it. Mine came with the short bolt, works like it should and doesn't flop around.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #795
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

The side stand I have measures 13 1/2 inches. A little too short. Here is the parts diagram I was referring to. It looks like if I buy #1 it should come with everything including the short retaining bolt but not the spring.