Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #256
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,470
I just picked up an 05 te250 that has dropped a valve.

Head is stuffed and the cylinder has some damage.

I think I'll get a 300cc kit for it, but what do you guys suggest for the head?

What other years fit it, and can you get stainless steel valves for it?
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #257
Beer_me
JY

Oddometer: 65
Nice videos prey4mojo. I really like the start of the third one with the snow in the desert. Hey what gearing (sprockets front/rear) are you running? The bike I bought came with a 53 rear and that'd be great if I had a rocky cliff in my backyard but most of my riding will be dirt roads I reckon. Wasn't sure if I should go all the way back to the stock 40 or something in between. I do know shifting 4 times just to get to 25 mph is amusing but quickly gets tiresome.

tHEtREV, you made me curious. I searched quite a bit and really didn't come up with anything. There's a well known Husqvarna shop in the US called Halls that was apparently at one time at least selling SS valves. I did find these guys in the UK as well http://www.hmracing.co.uk/index.php/...ngine-products Not much detail on their website. One last resource is an old thread on ThumperTalk http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/179...inless-valves/ Again, probably more questions than answers. As to the head, I find no info regarding an aftermarket option. :( It seems your best bet would be to find a shop in Australia that specializes in Husqvarna. As good as they are, this brand simply doesn't sell the volume that the Japanese brands do so the aftermarket is that much more limited; not telling you anything you don't know I'm sure. Good luck!
Beer_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #258
prey4mojo
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Beer_me, Thanks for checking the vids! I am running 13 (stock) in the front and 53 in the rear. Sounds like the setup you have. It does get old shifting from 2nd to 5th as fast as you can when you hit a dirt road or something, but I need the low gears for the steep stuff. When I bought the bike I switched from the stock TE 40 to the stock TC 50 and loved it, went up to the 53 to give me that really low 1st. Maybe try something in between the 40 and the 50? Guess it depends on how much road vs trail you do.
prey4mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #259
Monster_TE250
n00b

Oddometer: 3
My TE 250 Motard setup

so new to this site, but ive had my 09 TE 250 for quite a while and i have recently got my motorbike liscence. now i hate wrecking my nobbies so im looking at getting a set of motard tires and rims with over sized front disc and all the works.
has anyone tried this before?
anyone know if it will work with smaller wheels (17") and a 43 or so tooth rear sprocket? would like to sit on 100 occasionally but would like the grunt down low

comments anyone?
Monster_TE250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #260
SmileyRider
With lots of Teeth

Oddometer: 37
I have thought about this with a couple of my bikes and never pulled the trigger. Wheels are quite expensive. But in theory, all you need is a set of wheels, tires, a sprocket, another chain, acouple of new discs and a caliper relocation bracket.
It isn't as easy as just swapping the wheels. To switch from sm to dirt would take about an hour of wrench time. I prefer to just get a new set of DOT tires every year

if I ever get bored of dirt riding I will buy myself a sm setup.

And yes 17" rims will work fine on the husky, just make sure the rim width and hub sizing is correct
SmileyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #261
jxg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_TE250 View Post
so new to this site, but ive had my 09 TE 250 for quite a while and i have recently got my motorbike liscence. now i hate wrecking my nobbies so im looking at getting a set of motard tires and rims with over sized front disc and all the works.
has anyone tried this before?
anyone know if it will work with smaller wheels (17") and a 43 or so tooth rear sprocket? would like to sit on 100 occasionally but would like the grunt down low

comments anyone?
I know others have done it, look at the cafehusky site. I don't think you have the xlite motor in your 09, but no way i could imagine going 100 on my '10. i would think at a minimum you will need a 40 tooth in the rear (stock on the '10, but i run a 51).
Old 03-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #262
Monster_TE250
n00b

hmm thanks for the comments.
my current sprocket setup enables my 250 to go 120+ and still has heaps of grunt.

but that being said low down grunt is heaps due to my riding and i dont need insane low down grunt like i used to have with old sprocket setup.

so would there be any issues with a motard setup TE 250? so i can solve all the problems before i buy

also i have heard of guys buying a full motard setup then the hup being to thin for the tire and the chain hits it... but i think that was a fail not a general problem
Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #263
jxg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
not knowing where you are from, i now assume 100 kph, not mph, so that is a bit more reasonable.

i use my setup 99% offroad, mostly rocky, muddy single track, so i really like the low down grunt. 40 mph max for the short crossover roads between trails. I have thought about buying the motard setup, but then can't justify the cost for the amount of time i would actually use it. i think if i would spend more time on the road, i would buy a 2nd bike, something a bit more comfy for 2, so i could drag my wife along with me.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #264
Monster_TE250
n00b

oh yea sorry QLD australia, i do alot of off road riding but not im getting my bike liscence i think it would be fun to have motard set up so i can enjoy my bike 100% more because i wont go through my nobbbies real fast on road.

and for the low down grunt i used to need it and all but ive being riding since i was like 5 lol and ive progressed so now i am faster around most trackes and trails etc, therefore new sprocker setup
Old 03-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #265
drw
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
I just picked up an 05 te250 that has dropped a valve.

Head is stuffed and the cylinder has some damage.

I think I'll get a 300cc kit for it, but what do you guys suggest for the head?

What other years fit it, and can you get stainless steel valves for it?
The '05, '06 and '07 engines seem to be essentially the same, looking at the parts numbers (bottom end parts, anyway) manuals. You can download them here:

http://www.halls-cycles.com/default.asp?page=catalogs
drw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #266
c3eh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
just bought

Just bought a 2010 te250, has several upgrades and a few spare parts. Real excited to ride it except the weather in st louis is shit right now. Got a good deal. Hope there are some people on here who know about them and can lend a hand. Post pics soon enough

but I know one thing indecision may or may not be my problem.....
c3eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #267
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,795
anyone with a 2012 or newer checked their valves yet ?

if so what mileage ?

were they in spec or out of spec ?

thanks.

off the grid and deep in the woods
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #268
tbradbury
n00b

Oddometer: 1
2011 Husqvarna te250 1st gear bog

I was hoping someone here could help me with this problem. 1st gear seems to bog bad. I have read many different forums about this and still can't seem to find the answer. I have a JD tuner but yet to mess with it. Am I running lean on the low end? Is the JD tuner the answer to my problems? Can anyone provide me with the settings?

Thanks in advance!
tbradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #269
Laser145
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
for sale

Hey guys

Just listed my TXC250 for sale in the FM...just a heads up.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875021

Cheers
Old 04-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #270
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbradbury View Post
I was hoping someone here could help me with this problem. 1st gear seems to bog bad. I have read many different forums about this and still can't seem to find the answer. I have a JD tuner but yet to mess with it. Am I running lean on the low end? Is the JD tuner the answer to my problems? Can anyone provide me with the settings?

Thanks in advance!

If you've done the standard powerup it's way too rich. The tuner should fix it. I can't help with the settings for the JD -I have a powercommander. I'm sure the default setting on the JD is a huge improvement. The fueling error is not small.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote