User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Inniswhe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
G650X Hyperpro 460 or 461?

I just bought an Xchallenge and an upgrading the suspension to Hyperpro. I am wondering if anyone has ridden both the 460 &461 rear shock.
I am thinking the 460 is probably adequate but am looking for opinions
I will be riding 50/50 paved/unpaved
Offroad riding would be dirt/forest roads and atv trails.
I am about 250 fully geared.

For this type of usage would I notice much difference?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
Inniswhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
Inniswhe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

How about just the Hyperpro 460

How about anyone with feedback on the Hyperpro 460 ? Are you happy with it ? What terrain and bike do you ride ?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,334
I can't help you much. But I plan to just get the emulsion shock (460?). Most of my miles are on the road and I think I can just set the shock and forget it for my type of riding and load. It seems more people have bought the 461, but I'm a cheapskate.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Inniswhe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah I don't want to spend thre extra $ unless there is a real improvement.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
rockydog
just a guy

Oddometer: 793
I've got the 460 on mine, set for lowering 1". It's an improvement over the air shock, and I think that unless you are in the upper levels of rider skills, which I'm not, and have experience with setting bikes up, etc, which I don't, it'll work fine.

Rockydog woofs the Isles, British Isles
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #6
Butters
. . . . . .

I actually just ordered my 460 (1" lowered as well) last week. In talking with Klaus, he provided the following info:

The 461 allows for separate compression and rebound adjustment. On the 460, the the two are linked. In other words, as you adjust the shock to be firmer you will also be adding resistance to the rebound setting - and vice versa.

He also said you can always add the the reservoir later to convert your 460 to a 461. It would be more expensive than going that route right off the bat, but could be done.

While I really would like that added adjustability, my biggest complaints about the airshock is the static height, the extension of the shock as it unloads, and having to periodically adjust the pressure. The 460 will resolve all of those.

Butters screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 01:17 PM
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
Inniswhe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ordered the 460 and progressive front springs. I think this will be adequate for my needs after discussing with Klaus

Butters, I see that you ordered a Seat Concepts seat. How did it work out ? I am considering the same.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Butters
. . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inniswhe View Post
Ordered the 460 and progressive front springs. I think this will be adequate for my needs after discussing with Klaus

Butters, I see that you ordered a Seat Concepts seat. How did it work out ? I am considering the same.
No complaints. I haven't done any long rides since I got it so it's hard to give a full review. I never found the stock seat that bad - I mostly wanted to get rid of the blue vinyl and figured I could improve the ride as well.

I typically ride toward the front of the seat and there really isn't much difference up there since the shape is the same. But toward the back it flattens out and gets wider and you can really feel the firmer foam (for the better). On longer rides I tend to use more of the seat and think the difference will be more pronounced.

In hindsight, one thing I might change is to use a grippier material on top. Mine is just the regular vinyl. It is a little slippery with cordura riding pants, although it's ok with my cotton/kevlar pants. I think the textured vinyl or suede might be better, but the upcharge for suede is pretty significant (I think $100).

No regrets and the price and relatively short wait time are big pluses.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
balooo32
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hello!

I plan to do the same thing for my challenge to replace the airshock with the hyperpro 460.I don't know if i need a lowered one or the standard length.Can anybody of you guys tell me the seat height with the lowered one , on the seatheight with you on the bike(i think it's called sag)

Thank you very much!
balooo32 is offline   Reply With Quote