Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #421
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
Sorry for sucking to English grammar
Don't ever worry about that. Your English is better than our Danish.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #422
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,108
I learned how to drive a car on those huge, butifull beaches in denmark. When i was 12

Thats how empty they can be! Do you ever take a bike on it?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #423
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer: 4,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
Noooooooo nono

It did not start. I wrote it wrong. He started testing with the diagnostic tool and got to the ecu/immo problem. Sorry for sucking to English grammar

Fucking B.

Soon. We'll be back to Fucking A!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #424
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,136
Been to the beach back vvhen i got the bike. Real Dakar hero....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiIsLi95fJ4

It vvas a start for me vvith the offroad passion. Great times.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #425
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

As per standard slow progress. But hey ive bought a new(ish) notebook. Then im able to communicate with normal letters again. Heyhooo

Regarding the bike its still at the dealer. I have no idea if its good or bad, I assume its not good, but maybe its just KTM scandinavia or Austria whom is a bit slow in respoding. Thursday im back at normal workpace and will have a chat with him.

In the mean time the mailman has been here a couple of times.
Teaser.

Peg "enhancer"

Australia??

New HID system, i cant make it work with the original headlight assembly. Will be creative and make my own system.

Looks good but in my opinion i cant make it offroad worthy. To much vibration will kill the mounting points.

Heat protective selfadhesive stuff for the tanks.

Will be testing the 320mm mount. Im still hunting the single setup.

Trying a cheap 320mm disc for start and ill work from there.

Loads of 300mm discs not needed anymore...

A little decorative help in the garage.

Second fan mounting stuff and ITG air filter oil.

Got the added fan wired to the original cable. Thanks Svane.

Behold the beautyness....

Ive been trying to renovate the old standard 21/18 setup. The rear is good enough and ready to go tubeless, but the front is just super smashed up. Hmmm looking for options. Then again im not in a hurry as ive got plenty of wheels on hands. Still waiting for CJs 17/17 spacers and brake converter.

Thats it for now.
A little look into the future.
Beside bike need to get the ECU/immo solved, stuff needed to be done is:

1 - Safaritanks welding. Ive got a connection which is ready to jump the tanks when needed be.

2 - The exhaust needs to be done and my contact should be ready within a week to do this.

3 - My HID conversion should also be done, but i need to build the plate where the projectors should fit in. For that I need the bike...

4 - Lots of small details im not aware of will also be popping up, but that is small stuff compared to what ive seen so far.

Denmark is bathed in the most beautyful weather right now and im sure the last stuff will get sorted. I may even have a bike to ride within a month or so.

I would like to thank Pete640 for being insanely kind. Story is that i he contacted me and offered the reartanks in carbon/kevlar. Thank you Peter, not only have you been very kind and most of all patient, but you build some extremely beautyful stuff. Looking forward to test these tank.

Theantipaul has provided the HDB setup in the early start of the project, but the he also shipped free of charge a schotts submount he had laying around at no charge at all. Thank you.

Svane has been the greatest help of them all. Patiently he has been showing up everytime when needed.

I fucking love this place. Advrider really is a great place to wander.

Mikael
Old 03-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #426
Martynho
ChileGringo

Oddometer: 400
Immobilizer woes

Locul,

Heres my own experience of dealing with an immobiliser that shat itself, FWIW not a full solution as your hardware is different but I hope it can help you

My 2010 990R immobilizer went, and no amount of reprogramming etc would sort it. KTM were as useful as a glass hammer, and suggested I change the lot....barrel, RFID antennae, ECU, keys, fuel flaps, under seat key barrell, I didnt even ask the price. Oh, plus it meant I would get a new immobiliser ready to go belly up in Bolivia. Bollox to that

We figured the pre 2008 models had no immobiliser. So we fitted a 2007 ECU we got cheap. Then loaded up 2007 map (this wont look for an immobiliser signal, not sure if there is a RC8 model with no immo that you can do the same trick with.

We got it running, had some issues with the TPS`s so we changed those also.

Now we just used tuneECU to copy and paste the 2010 map tables into the 2007 map file, reaload back up, and bingo!

Good luck mate!
Martynho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #427
Bootsy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Locul....those rear tanks drive me crazy!!
KTM 950 SE 06
Bootsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #428
Fr8trn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Subscribed. Keep up the good fight!
Fr8trn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #429
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Well looks like the fight will be over. The dealer called me while I was at work. Told me that he had connected the ECU and the Immo. They paired up good and the bike didnt throw any faults anymore. GREAT, but he just couldnt get it to turn over. We debated what ever it could be. He said he absolute couldnt do anything anymore, because of the projects scale. He could tear it down and install a complete new harness and start from there, but it would be EXPENSIVE. I said drop it, ill pick it up when time is. Got the bike home and Svane and i looked it through. And correct it behaved very well though nothing happened when pushing the starter. It made the startup procedure and lights where good, but no turning? We were fooking lost, I tell you gents. This is the first time ive been a bit dissapointed because ive made all the steps correct and i have taken my time at doing the stuff well. Especially the electrical pieces, which i was scared working at because of my lack of knowledge.
Svane brought some beers and we discussed the further move. We agreed to strip the pieces one by one. We started at the starter interlock because it still threw the green "neutral" switch while we would engage the gear. hmmm... The neutral switch and sidestand switch was bought from new as i didnt want to mess with it, like these problems. But hey, we f...king are...
Just trying to clean up the bike and dismounted the Bazzaz unit and mounted the sidestand switch and gear selector in the original harness. Cleared some other stuff. We turned the key and the engine turned as an normal RC8R would......................................

HAHAAAHHAHA, we went insane for a couple of minutes. I dont recall drinking 2-3-4 beers that fast ever...unholy mother of all batcave shit. I just wished my dad could have seen this. AAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhh what a feeling.

Im sitting here the night after and trying to look into what to do.
My initial thoughts are to dismount the bazzaz unit, but the unit lit up from the start and shouldnt be a problem. hmmm. Would call the danish Bazzaz supplier and try get a new wiring. Regarding the manual ive done it right. But hey Svane says im good at faults

Ill keep you posted when stuff gets hairy. Ive allready booked a holeshot contest with Svane on his KTM 505 against my Behemoth on a sandtrack.

Fuck me. I love this forum.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #430
ixab
just Aaron, really

Oddometer: 375
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

-- sent via mobile
Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #431
Dan950ser
NW Shredder

Oddometer: 393
Awesome work man can't wait to hear it run.

2013 KTM 300 SX: converted into woods weapon
Dan950ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #432
AJ990R
motorcycle guy

Oddometer: 181
awesome

Old 03-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #433
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,164
I'm so happy for you!

Just a random internet stranger who doesn't even own a KTM, but I've been following along with this thread from the start, and really enjoying your cool project.

Cheers
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #434
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 1,997
Good stuff , now we want some video of the beast !!!
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #435
JensEskildsen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 949
Fedt!