Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
toniguedes OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
jacket, pants or suit for hot & rainny climate

Hello everybody,

Here I'm again asking for your help to choose the most suitable jacket/pants or suit for my daily commute to work.
It's hard to find it good gear here in Brazil, so I intend to buy them in next May, when I will be visiting my son in Warwick, RI.

Last year I bought an Olympia Phantom suit, but it seemed too hot for the brazilian climate (at least now), and leaks a little when raining medium intensity, but still like it and I'm looking for something to complement my closet.

The average temperature here where I live is about 68F, with highs of about 93F on hot days like today, and rains are common this time of year.

Does Klim, Aerostich or another good brand have a product that fits my use and climate of Brazil?

Thanks in advance.
toniguedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
JR356
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,409
Stay with Olympia and look at the Xmoto jacket and pants.

JR356
JR356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
andrewhtf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
I have no specific brand to recommend, but what i do is i wear a mesh jacket, and carry my waterproofs in the rear box. When it pours, i stop and put those on.
andrewhtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
+1 on mesh jacket and separate rain coat.

Where I live, average temperature is 30 C, sometimes it's hotter, and it's humid down here. When commuting I wear mesh jacket, it's much more comfortable than perf leather jacket which I wear every now and then. For long ride and spirited ride on weekends, I wear my perforated leather jacket.
BobPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #5
toniguedes OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhtf View Post
I have no specific brand to recommend, but what i do is i wear a mesh jacket, and carry my waterproofs in the rear box. When it pours, i stop and put those on.
Hi Andrew,

That's what I was using before buying my Phantom suit, but I ended up using just the rain suit over jeans, which does not offer much protection.

Actually I'm happy with the Phantom. It is not perfect, but it is quick to put on and take off and I feel protected using it, but I'd like to have another option with a better level of quality with regard to the comfort and the flexibility of separate jacket and pants, without the need to carry a rain suit apart.

I hope I can find something, and preferably without too much velcro.
toniguedes is offline   Reply With Quote