ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #31
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 579
2-17-13 Ride

About time we are able to ride in the sun without 10 layers of clothing. Yes it was a great day and my legs were more sore than usual after this ride. Could have been because we had a course set up for us by the resident coaches who decided it would be good if they really "encouraged" us to push our limits.

They pushed their own limits as usual. This did not result in an endo.

Beautiful day for riding. The lady in our group cleaning the section.

I learned that the custom cab extension on this truck cost about 3X what the truck did! Turned out really nice and it is a keeper.

We'll be back next Sunday if anyone is "trials curious" or has a bike and would like to ride with a few other enthusiast.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #32
Ron in Boise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
This is an Adventure just to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZZXy...&feature=share
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #33
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in Boise View Post
Incredible to watch what they do. Truly in a class of their own.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #34
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

2-24-13 ride Fossil Creek

I was looking forward to riding a new area, until I saw what we were riding. Mostly stuff for more advanced riders and not much for my novice level. Just a bit windy and cold at first but clear and very comfortable once I started riding and got warmed up. Our group grew today. Not a good place to start but Beta Brian did great and did not get scared off.

Most of the stuff was on the big side.

Still a fun place to ride.

Challenging, tight sections for the experts.

And some challenging stuff for the novices too.

Overall a great day of riding.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #35
exmoto47
n00b

Oddometer: 2
new guy with vintage bike

Hello,
I happened across this thread searching for vintage trials riders in Idaho. I grew up packing out deer and elk on some of Idaho's toughest trails tiding a TL 250. I also used to race moto, but I am too old for that crap now, so I just bought a Reflex to ride the nasty single track in Yellowpine. I think it would be cool to watch some real trials bike in action. If a guy puttin around on a old beat up TLR doesn't cramp your guys style to bad, I would like to join in the festivities.

How do you find out where you guys are riding? Is there a secret handshake? a bloodletting ceremony? or does the new guy just bring a bunch of cheap beer?
exmoto47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #36
ryanwilliamcantrell
Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer: 3,859
Great Thread!

ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #37
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmoto47 View Post
Hello,
I happened across this thread searching for vintage trials riders in Idaho. I grew up packing out deer and elk on some of Idaho's toughest trails tiding a TL 250. I also used to race moto, but I am too old for that crap now, so I just bought a Reflex to ride the nasty single track in Yellowpine. I think it would be cool to watch some real trials bike in action. If a guy puttin around on a old beat up TLR doesn't cramp your guys style to bad, I would like to join in the festivities.

How do you find out where you guys are riding? Is there a secret handshake? a bloodletting ceremony? or does the new guy just bring a bunch of cheap beer?
99.9% of the time we ride at the STD....no not that STD. Secret Trials Disneyland. While you will be the only twin shock rider you are quite welcome to come out and ride Sunday. The current start time is 9:00 and will move to 8:00 as it gets hotter. Hopefully there will not be any bloodletting but we do reserve the right to laugh and point at any and all "miscalculations". Head down Sinker Rd. toward the bridge and just before the power lines cross the road take the dirt road on the right. Only one so no other choices. Keep going to the staging area and park. Look forward to seeing you and the TLR.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #38
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
Great Thread!

Thank you. Considering the rides you have posted here that means a lot. Trials riding is a great workout (Doesn't look like it but similar to riding whoops, lots of leg work) and really fun and addictive.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #39
OldGeez
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Hello,

I started on a TL125 back in the 70's and have continued to enjoy the sport for years. I'm the oldest of our riders at 63 and have no plans of slowing down as I continue to compete at the nationals. We would love to have you come out and ride with us. As you were instructed in a previous reply from a great rider we start at 9am. Look for some red, blue and white ribbons tied to a stake on the right side of the road and follow that road up to our parking area. You are never to old to start or enjoy this sport.
OldGeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #40
exmoto47
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to getting my bike tuned up enough to join you guys.

I have this weird feeling I am going to be in the market for a real trials bike soon.
exmoto47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #41
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGeez View Post
I started on a TL125 back in the 70's and have continued to enjoy the sport for years. I'm the oldest of our riders at 63 and have no plans of slowing down as I continue to compete at the nationals. We would love to have you come out and ride with us. As you were instructed in a previous reply from a great rider we start at 9am. Look for some red, blue and white ribbons tied to a stake on the right side of the road and follow that road up to our parking area. You are never to old to start or enjoy this sport.
Glad to see you get signed up here. Now I won't be the only one posting here.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to getting my bike tuned up enough to join you guys.

I have this weird feeling I am going to be in the market for a real trials bike soon.
Yea, trials riding is kind of addicting. I think there is still lots of life left in your TL, but it is always good to get a new bike. See ya Sunday.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #42
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:

Hey we missed you. Hope you didn't get scared off. We will be nice..........at first. Going out this Sunday at 9:00 AM hope to see you there.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #43
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

St. Pat's day ride. March 17.

Great day for a ride at the usual place.

This is the last day of practice before the big event in Connell, WA next weekend. Looks like 4 of us will be going to ride in the INTA/PNTA event.

Hard to beat this area for a fun place to ride with a great view.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #44
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Connell, WA

Bart and I met Vern and his wife at the car wash in Tri-Cities. There was snow over the pass and my truck that got it's first good post-winter wash and wax was trashed. So we had a motor home, travel trailer and my little truck caravan into Sulpher Springs.

Boise camp.

Vern riding an advanced section.

Brian in a senior intermediate section.

Too busy riding to take many pictures. I did stay Sunday afternoon to check a section for the advanced riders and got some great videos. Just incredible to watch what these guys do on their bikes.

Back to the STD Sunday.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #45
Altego
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Great thread, really enjoying the pictures