ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #166
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
It is a dead end road that comes out several miles down stream. You come off the top and drop down to the river. It is a nice ride.

Type " shumaker rd, wa" into google earth and it comes up, as sorebutt says it is a nice ride in the spring if you want a little bit of everything, usually a little snow on top , hopefully not on the road, and three nice tight gravel hairpin corners on the way down/up. Little traffic and a pretty river at the bottom.

If the weather looks good I think I will pack my chair and some weenies and have a weenie roast along the river, maybe get fancy and do chili dogs . I love a good hod dog roasted over a stick fire .

Maybe I can tempt restlessrider out , is there anything that a vegetarian would roast over a fire? Roasted peppers maybe?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #167
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,671
I went riding with an ATV group when I was in Arizona and every day at noon they would stop for lunch. They would pull out propane tourches and cook hot dogs.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #168
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
I went riding with an ATV group when I was in Arizona and every day at noon they would stop for lunch. They would pull out propane tourches and cook hot dogs.
If I want to cook a marshmallow that is what I use, roll it around on the metal cooktop with the torch , perfect every time.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #169
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,098
you eat too many marshmallows,,you begin to look like,,,,
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #170
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
you eat too many marshmallows,,you begin to look like,,,,
But I can always lose weight...

Luckily, I don't eat them I just give them away.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #171
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 296
its time to meet new riders

I love the campfire thingie too and would love to come if ok with you. I have never been down that road, wondered many a time in passing. Still got snow at my place, another 8" over the weekend, so not even sure I can get out. If/when you go, which would you be taking...GS or DR? Makes a difference what I try to get started first, things have been sitting for awhile here.
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:33 AM   #172
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptoad View Post
I love the campfire thingie too and would love to come if ok with you. I have never been down that road, wondered many a time in passing. Still got snow at my place, another 8" over the weekend, so not even sure I can get out. If/when you go, which would you be taking...GS or DR? Makes a difference what I try to get started first, things have been sitting for awhile here.
I will probably be starting from the 1st Saturday of the month club meeting at Mac's Cycle in Clarkston . Generally been 10-16 riders there the last few times, lots of good conversationa and probably several rides starting there this Saturday. I will be posting to the club blog to see if any want to come along.

I am pretty flexible and either bike would do for anywhere we would be going. If I end up taking a bunch of food I will tend to use the GS since it packs stuff better. More comfortable too.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #173
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 296
the club blog?

link?
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #174
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptoad View Post
link?
An informal group that meets on the first Saturday of the month at Mac's , has donuts and coffee, talk about cycles, sometimes et a presentation from the shop.

Macsbeemerbunch

I will PM my #s
Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #175
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
An informal group that meets on the first Saturday of the month at Mac's , has donuts and coffee, talk about cycles, sometimes et a presentation from the shop.

Macsbeemerbunch

I will PM my #s
What time do they meet?

I bought my 800 GS there and they never said a thing about the club or meetings.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #176
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
What time do they meet?

I bought my 800 GS there and they never said a thing about the club or meetings.
10 am, store opens at 9:30
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #177
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Idarider, Sorebutt and I went for a little ride on Saturday after meeting down at Mac's cycles. I think it was a 80-90 mile round trip. Rode from Clarkston to the Oasis restaurant at the bottom of the Rattlesnake grade. Snow at the higher elevations but nothing on the road except for some gravel and small rocks. On the way back we went on Montgomery ridge road and Couse creek road. Wonderful views of mountains/canyons in the distance, as we were riding towards them. The GS riders waited for me patiently during the ride. Shumaker grade next time, next weekend? :-)
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #178
Idarider
R1200GS

It is getting close to spring and I need to spend a weekend prepping my new camper for April 15 turkey hunting. That being said, I may still go riding.

I am hearing rumors ( talking to myself maybe) that the 41st Starbuck International Chilidog festival will be in Pomeroy ? on March 30th this year featuring cherry wood smoked german sausage dogs and Stagg chili (no beans).
Probably need to find new grand marshalls for the parade ?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #179
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

A month and a half to get a camper ready for turkey season? It only took me 3 days to get my camper ready for 2 months in Arizona. I had to load bowhunting gear and cloths for hunting javalina, shotgun gear for quail, golf stuff, regular cloths, atv stuff, electronics for sat. TV, etc.

The chilidog fest. sounds like fun. I'm sure the weather will be sunny and warm.

Do you have time to ride this weekend if we have a nice day?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #180
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
I am planning on riding two up with my wife to Walla Walla this weekend. The general plan is to stay over on Saturday night and return by Sunday evening. If you have interesting roads I should try or would like to come along let me know.
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote