Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by KullZilla View Post
As an FYI, Schuberth has an improved liner now available that they are using on their S2 Helmets which we have been told resolves this issue. It is 100% compatible with the C3 and will be the same liner that comes stock in the C3 Pro.
Excellent
Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,760
Quote:
As an FYI, Schuberth has an improved liner now available that they are using on their S2 Helmets which we have been told resolves this issue. It is 100% compatible with the C3 and will be the same liner that comes stock in the C3 Pro.
Are some women having the same issue withe the C3-W?

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
adimotor
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I bought this helmet in white colour, a week ago, I rode my bike over 500 km, it rained about 100 km, not foggy visor with pinlock mounted, sun visor handles easily, ventilation from top, feel inside even the inner lining is adjusted for winter (that 2 inside channels are closed), size XL weights only 1680 grams with pinlock fitted, the quality of the interior material is very, very good. I run with 180 km/h and I had no problem. The lid is silent, closing system (ratchet) works easily and is slightly different from the c3. This helmet is excellent.
adimotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #19
abach06
n00b

Oddometer: 1
been looking at this lid for a few weeks now; have been hesitant to spend so much, but from everything I have read and the reviews I've seen on other helmets you get what you pay for. Going to pull the trigger after the next paycheck.
abach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #20
docwyte
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Fitment on this helmet is still challenging. I got a huge hot spot from it after wearing it for 20 minutes and had to return it.

The Arai I got to replace it is perfect.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #21
TorontoBrit
TorontoBrit

Oddometer: 298
I went into my dealer 2 days ago to try it on, I was all set to buy it, but the fit just wasn't right
I fit Shoei and Arai just fine, but I found the Schuberth too round, and the chin bar wayyyyy too close. So unfortunately sticking with my Multitec.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #22
sarhog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
Fitment on this helmet is still challenging. I got a huge hot spot from it after wearing it for 20 minutes and had to return it.
I you referring to the new C3 Pro, or the "regular" C3?

I've heard that complaint a lot about the regular one. I had been led to believe that the "Pro" addressed that issue...
sarhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #23
docwyte
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Yep, the new C3 Pro still has fitment issues. It's still a very round helmet. I didn't get the typical hot spot on my forehead, but got it on the back of my head.

I also echo the complaint above about the helmet being extremely close to my nose/chin.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 487
C3 vs C3 Pro strap placement

Is there any difference on where the strap lands under your chin between these two helmets?

I really wanted to invest in a C3 at the time and even took one for a test ride, but the strap on it ended up going right across my adam's apple. Felt like it was choking me.

Got a Neotec instead. I love the helmet except for two things:

1) Fog machine without the pinlock in

2) Lollipop style huge outer shell
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #25
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke View Post
the strap on it ended up going right across my adam's apple. Felt like it was choking me.
I thought I was the only one!
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #26
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
I thought I was the only one!
No man...it was ridiculous. I had to loosen the strap to unsafe levels to make it back from the test ride. I felt like something was wrong with me!

I guess I could have a huge adam's apple or something...it's just that the strap was too low on my neck.

I really wanted to get a C3. I'll be interested to see if anyone can post up about this.
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #27
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 810
Picked up my C3 pro today. I can say this helmet works for me. This is only my second helmet so I am a bit of a gear noob. I bought the brand name because there is a serious lack of gear where I live unless you are a squid. I bought it for the noise, or lack thereof. My ears have sustained enough damage from living in a steel tube for months at a time, and I do not enjoy riding with earplugs in. I did notice the chin strap issue but after I start riding I no longer notice it. I think something to remember that even though it is an expensive helmet, not all heads are the same and they cannot design a bucket that works for everyone. I got mine in Hi-vis, I never want to hear "I never saw you" excuse.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #28
Dan-M
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
Be a cold day in hell before I'll drop another $600-700 US to wear a helmet that painfully brands your forehead. I was ver disappointed that this fault only becomes evident after wearing the helmet for over an hour, precluding an in store try on as a way of selecting this otherwise nice helmet. Too bad, I went with a Neotec and am happy. Don't see where this is much more than orig C3.
Quote:
I'd like to hear this from someone who actually did the switch. It is the omly thing I don't like about the C3. Two hours in and I'm cursing. Any ride longer than that and I grab the OGK.

edit: just read the reviews on revzilla - may be worth a $49 gamble.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #29
sarhog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-M View Post
I'd like to hear this from someone who actually did the switch. It is the omly thing I don't like about the C3. Two hours in and I'm cursing. Any ride longer than that and I grab the OGK.

edit: just read the reviews on revzilla - may be worth a $49 gamble.
I had the "mark of Shuberth" on the forehead with my C3. I emailed Shuberth and suggested that an S2 liner might help me. They sent me one free of charge. I've only ridden with the S2 liner twice so far, but it's an improvement.
I'm happy.
sarhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #30
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Is there any difference on where the strap lands under your chin between these two helmets?
From the video above, the strap in the C3 Pro has been moved forward.

Cheers,
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote