Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #16
motoretro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
The Main Jet was 99% blocked, probably a good thing It would not start Needle jet wasn't entirely blocked although certainly had it's share of varnish. Thanks for all the help in diagnosing this.
Motoretro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
If the tip cleaners aren't fine enough, a bristle from a fine wire brush works well.
motoretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
motoretro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

**As a follow up; I cleaned everything out w/ white vinegar/water mix bath (I'm into non-toxic brews these days) and blew out with air pressure. Reassemble everything, started 2nd pull. Let it run for couple hours, Back in the game.

* Has anyone ever used White Vinegar in a Ultrasonic cleaner before? Seems like a unit w/ a built in heater would be a effiicent, non-toxic method to clean parts.

Motoretro
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
gsweave
Yinz, blinkers are on.

Oddometer: 11,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoretro View Post
**As a follow up; I cleaned everything out w/ white vinegar/water mix bath (I'm into non-toxic brews these days) and blew out with air pressure. Reassemble everything, started 2nd pull. Let it run for couple hours, Back in the game.

* Has anyone ever used White Vinegar in a Ultrasonic cleaner before? Seems like a unit w/ a built in heater would be a effiicent, non-toxic method to clean parts.

Motoretro

never used vinegar always just dish soap In ultrasonic cleaner...next one I clean I will give her a try..

Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
jeep44
junk collector

Oddometer: 2,027
I've put a kit on my generator that allows me to use either gasoline, natural gas,or propane. I got it from the same place that is linked early in this thread. Aside from always having a clean carb, my thinking was that whenever a power outage hits, you are usually stuck with just the gasoline you have on hand, but the natural gas supply is almost never disrupted. My son found out about how useless a gasoline generator is during Hurricane Sandy-long,long lines to get a single can of expensive, cash-only gasoline. Now he has a tri-fuel generator like mine.
jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #20
motoretro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I agree that multi-fuel looks like the way to go. Even with a fuel stabilizer, I could not believe the coating of yellowish residue on everything. My only concern w/ propane is the associated power loss. At this point I'm going to empty both carb and tank on Generator after using and keep a 2 gallon container on hand and recycle into family vehicles every 4 weeks to maintain a reasonably fresh supply of fuel. Most of our power outages are 2-3 hours so the 2 gallons will suffice. Anything longer and I'll siphon out of my truck.
Motoretro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep44 View Post
I've put a kit on my generator that allows me to use either gasoline, natural gas,or propane. I got it from the same place that is linked early in this thread. Aside from always having a clean carb, my thinking was that whenever a power outage hits, you are usually stuck with just the gasoline you have on hand, but the natural gas supply is almost never disrupted. My son found out about how useless a gasoline generator is during Hurricane Sandy-long,long lines to get a single can of expensive, cash-only gasoline. Now he has a tri-fuel generator like mine.