Nice picture.
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #1622
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifferes View Post
This pic was a few days ago, but finally getting back to work! In KS, this is the next best thing to a snowmobile or hills WB
See Dawg, there are riders in KS, even if they only post once a year,

that picture makes people like me, wish I still had little kids, well sort of, until you remember what it is like when they reach 15... Good luck. Hehehhee..
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #1623
val4215
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34

Went to Santa Rosa yesterday. Beautiful day, no other riders. :-( (found I have no phone reception out as well, not a smart thing to do, ride alone and not be able to call for help if I break something on me)
I was given a section last Sunday to practice on. In about 30 runs, cleared clean only once. Learned a bunch about proper tire pressure i think. I was running 7 pounds in front and 4 in the rear. Front end would stop dead when encountering a rock in a full lock turn. Rear tire would stop the bike in a slow maneuver when it would hit a small rock. Raise both pressures to 10 psi, so much better for this noob. Tires would actually roll over the obstacles.
val4215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #1624
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by val4215 View Post

Went to Santa Rosa yesterday. Beautiful day, no other riders. :-( (found I have no phone reception out as well, not a smart thing to do, ride alone and not be able to call for help if I break something on me)
I was given a section last Sunday to practice on. In about 30 runs, cleared clean only once. Learned a bunch about proper tire pressure i think. I was running 7 pounds in front and 4 in the rear. Front end would stop dead when encountering a rock in a full lock turn. Rear tire would stop the bike in a slow maneuver when it would hit a small rock. Raise both pressures to 10 psi, so much better for this noob. Tires would actually roll over the obstacles.
That is silly. 5.5 pounds front, 4.5 rear is what you should have as it makes huge differences in other parts of trials riding.

Trials has been around for, well a century, but I've rode for 40 years. So, you Should think that if this "tip" was so good, we'd all be riding with too much air pressure in our tires, by now.

BTW, Riding alone, means you will do it wrong, for much longer than most. Just sayin.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #1625
LeShaghal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
New In the stables

Picked up 2 Gassers last Weekend; A '92 GT32 and a '95 Contact JT-250.
Both have cracked lower triple trees, '92 is missing all it's plastics
the 327 is now in pieces, the frame stripped, straightened, and waiting for powdercoating.
Thinking about hooking up a lighting kit, plasti-dipping on some "rad" 80's fluorescent Dazzle camouflage, and making her an Urban ripper for tooling around here in Bloomington.

The '95 runs fine but has a double head gasket (lower compression ratio, seen this on old 280 Climbers, I guess to ease kicking?) and a super low range rear cog. I imagine an adolescent or women's bike.
Just broke the gear shift lever off the '95 (Bikes are from KY)
JB welded splines on a cracked&stripped lever gave up, I expected no less.

Making up a laundry list so I can call RisingSunImports up in Lafayette and get these running before the weather breaks.

I'll be balancing on the lifeless 250 in the garage all weekend.
LeShaghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #1626
LarryDawg
trials nut

Oddometer: 74
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
See Dawg, there are riders in KS, even if they only post once a year,

that picture makes people like me, wish I still had little kids, well sort of, until you remember what it is like when they reach 15... Good luck. Hehehhee..
LOL my Kids are all grown, they just wont move out!! my daughter and my 4 grandkids live us so trials time is PEACE time!!
back to the Thread... I walked around mine twice, kicked it twice, it fired and I let it run out the gas in carb. Looked at wiring i need to finish on my Harley and locked up garage, logged in here..LOL
Larry
Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #1627
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDawg View Post
LOL my Kids are all grown, they just wont move out!! my daughter and my 4 grandkids live us so trials time is PEACE time!!
back to the Thread... I walked around mine twice, kicked it twice, it fired and I let it run out the gas in carb. Looked at wiring i need to finish on my Harley and locked up garage, logged in here..LOL
Larry

brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #1628
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,070
Quote:

It has nothing to do with tire pressure! Proper body position and timing. It comes with time. Hard to get help at it riding alone. Keep trying.
lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #1629
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 729
Wicked Has some fun today

Missed the rain and had a great outing!

jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #1630
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,145
Quote:

if you ride alone buy a SPOT

and for your riding try that Ryan Young DVD

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #1631
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,219
Camping at San Yisdro. Excellent weather and Pat Smage is here to entertain us. Should be most excellent.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #1632
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Excellent weather and Pat Smage is here to entertain us. Should be most excellent.

On my way!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #1633
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob

Oddometer: 1,543
Rode in my 3rd ever trial. Place 3rd 26 points 15 cleans. I rode really well but I think the novice line was on the easy side. I hadn't been on the trials bike since early January.

Typos and nonsensical words courtesy of fat fingers on a make believe keyboard.

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #1634
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjonesphoto View Post
...but I think the novice line was on the easy side.
I think that means you are not a novice anymore . Congrats on the good ride.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #1635
val4215
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Well the other day, when I was riding alone, I encountered a coyote the size of a German Shepard. Not close up but still close enough to surprise me. I was thinking man that guy eats good to get that big.
Sunday, when I drove to the spot I found this on the side of the dirt road. Might need to pack some heat next time I ride.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ps096da149.jpg

val4215 screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 08:13 AM
val4215 is offline   Reply With Quote