Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #4621
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceonthebeach3 View Post
He told me extra 5 years full coverage (7 total with factory) $1,159. Hope this helps
Valuable info..thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #4622
Tripletrouble
Farkle addict

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefrog View Post
Got it from: http://www.motomfg.com/Steel_Ducati_...ket_p/wh-4.htm

40 bucks is OK!
Enjoy your ride mate!
A standard socket works on the nut.
Tripletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #4623
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,353
Looking over the MotoMfg.com tools, how many of you think it is necessary to have the front axle drift and / or the front axle alignment tool ?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #4624
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
[QUOTE=aceonthebeach3;20871312]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
I agree with all of this. If you got 7 HP out of a simple thing like replacing the pipes, I'd call that excellent. A lot of exhaust tuning robs from Peter to pay Paul, and that's OK but a claim of 15% for just replacing the exhaust system is cause for head scratching.

The weight loss will be worth a couple of HP

In all fairness it not just exhaust. It's a high flow air filter & race ECU & a full replacement exhaust system. But I still think 7hp would be on the high end.
The usual comment is that the race ECU doesn't get the job done without additional fiddling. Wouldn't know myself as it is not in my plan.
Pampero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #4625
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 253
Warrnaty contacts?

Quote:
The two main companies(this maybe my area) doing extended warranties are triumph & WPS.
Thanks Ace - appreciate the info. Any contact info (website or??) for WPS? I need to see if they are available up here in Canuckistan...

thx, Desmo
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #4626
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
Thanks Ace - appreciate the info. Any contact info (website or??) for WPS? I need to see if they are available up here in Canuckistan...

thx, Desmo
contact your Ducati dealer & ask em.... But I will also be closing my deal in the next 60 days & get some info @ that time for you :)
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #4627
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 253
Ha ha - thanks Ace.

You must have missed my post a couple of weeks ago - my dealer closed and Ducati is "discussing options" for a new dealer, so bottom line is I CAN'T discuss it with my dealer because I don't have one!

That's why I asked you - if you have a URL or something pls let me know...

thx, DD
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #4628
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
Ha ha - thanks Ace.

You must have missed my post a couple of weeks ago - my dealer closed and Ducati is "discussing options" for a new dealer, so bottom line is I CAN'T discuss it with my dealer because I don't have one!

That's why I asked you - if you have a URL or something pls let me know...

thx, DD
You have no dealers within a couple hundred miles? My closest dealer is 2+ hours away. I will ask my dealer for info
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:02 AM   #4629
Scoisgreat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Hi Desmobob , I also live in Calgary and have just purchased a new 2011 multi sport touring bought from former Ducati Calgary on Jan 25 ,2013 , which I will have delivered on March 30 , 2013 , I am purchasing a extended SAL " Superior " warranty [ SAL is a great extended warranty from what I've read ] which is offered through Ducati Calgary but also can be purchased through Cylcle Works in Calgary [ 403-230-1920 ask for Bonnie in finance ], a 5 yr warranty with the first 2 yrs coincide with the factory warranty with a $100 deductible is about $1722 , a 6 yr is $1868 , Ducati Calgary offered the 5 yr at $1972 but lowered it to $1700 { after I qouted lower prices to them } and does not offer the 6 yr warranty , I have not decided which one to go with yet . hope this helps .
Scoisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #4630
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 3,809
What is the average cost of a valve service on the 1200? I understand its subjective but ball park $800 to 1K?

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #4631
Doug Pirahna
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
What is the average cost of a valve service on the 1200? I understand its subjective but ball park $800 to 1K?
It varies widely depending on where you are. I'm on the low end of the scale at $620. That was the 15k service last year on my previous 1200.
Doug Pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #4632
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pirahna View Post
It varies widely depending on where you are. I'm on the low end of the scale at $620. That was the 15k service last year on my previous 1200.
+1

Here in the Bay Area of CA, the 15k service runs $800-$1200 depending on the shop and if the valves are in spec or out. In is less $$ because they just button her back up. Out, well, then they get the fun and enjoyment of digging through their box-o-shims.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #4633
t-bills
mcs are dangerous

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Looking over the MotoMfg.com tools, how many of you think it is necessary to have the front axle drift and / or the front axle alignment tool ?
Do you change your own tires? If so, get the combo kit of all 3 tools. The axle alignment tool isn't 100% necessary, but dang handy. If you have a shop change your tires, not nearly as big of a deal to have.

You can get around having this tool by tightening up the pinch bolts a little bit while snugging up the axle bolt. You just need to get the axle bolt tight enough to not fall out after having seated the shoulder of the axle.
t-bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #4634
ducpiss
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Value adjustment cost

I guess I got the cheapest price ever on getting my valves adjusted, 1 hour labor. (Usually 8-10 hours labor)
Now let me tell you why and how so cheap...
I had a serious problem 2 summers ago while riding my "Duc PP" ( my user name over on Ducati.ms forum) going down mountain roads and in 2nd gear. It jumped out into Neutral and damn near threw me off the frickin road!
I made a deal with my dealer last spring to wait till this winter to take my bike totally apart and fix the transmission issue, replace the shift drum and anything else that looked out of spec. It was a month long project, and my bike was in many-many pieces. -Covered under warranty-
Since the heads were off the bike and sitting there on a table (9,500 miles), we decided to check all the valves and adjust if needed. The rear exhaust valves were in spec, but off. The mechanic did indeed adjust those to perfect tolerances. We also replaced the 2 cam belts, switched out the antifreeze to the newer/better stuff and replaced the spark plugs. I also had them add the Ducati heated grips, ( I also got a good deal on reduced labor cost) and all is good. We're waiting till the snow is off the Minnesota roads so they can test out the transmission, and I'll hopefully will have in back in my garage by the beginning of April. My bill out the door was $750, but most of that was the heated grips and cam belts, etc
I'll be good now for another 16,000 miles, I hope.....

ducpiss screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 02:02 PM
ducpiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #4635
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,430
I took delivery with it so I can't say, but I did ride an early '10 demo with the stock exhaust and the surging was pretty annoying once you noticed and started looking for it. No issues with mine at all. It did melt the stock license plate housing however, but the dealer made good on it with the carbon fiber Ducati piece.

The full-termi does save a ton of weight though. I didn't weigh the cat, but it must be around 10lbs. alone.

Quote:
Your opinion on full termi? Added later or put on when bike was new?
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote