Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
michael1968 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 735
Rally Raid Engineering - Carbon/Kevlar Fairings, Guards & Bashplates

UPDATE: We are now offering many new parts, I will keep this thread updated as best as possible but please check our website for pricing and new products etc.

Hi all,

I've been getting a bit of interest on my website (mostly from advriders) about the Carbon/Kevlar Tank Guards I've been developing for the KTM 640 Adventure, I thought it was about time I started a thread in the vendors section to keep you all updated.

First a little background; I've been messing around with composites for quite a few years, I'd made a few parts for my bike (heavily modified 97 F650 Funduro) and figured that maybe someone else might want them also. So I started a small (very small) business making composite parts for motorcycles called Rally Raid Engineering, for more info you can check out my website;

www.rallyraideng.com

So onto the tank guards, last year another inmate asked me to make a set of kevlar tank guards for his 2002 640 Adventure. He wanted quite a bit more coverage than the others I've seen. From that tank I took a mould and formed the plugs for the new guards.

The Guards are 2 layers of Carbon Fibre and two of Kevlar. Like all Rally Raid Engineering parts these will be made with an epoxy matrix and vacuum bagged.

If you have any questions about the tank guards or any other of my parts please ask them here or contact me via my website.

Cheers,
Michael

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

The Guards are now ready, please PM or contact me via my website if you would like a set. I will send you an invoice via PayPal when they are ready to ship.

You can now also order all of my products directly from my website here;

http://rallyraid.weebly.com/ktm-640-...-products.html

I will try to keep a few sets in stock but the longest you will have to wait before shipment is 1 week.

The price is 169 AUD plus postage. There is an option of a Petcock Guard which you can see in some of the pictures below, it is 23.50 AUD and will be attached to the Guards if they are ordered together.

Some example postage costs (in AUD, via airmail, with tracking) are;

US (mainland) & Canada $35.90
Most of Europe & UK $45.05

Australia;
Sydney $13.80
Melbourne $16.70
Adelaide $17.20
Perth $19.85

Attaching the Guards:
Depending on how permanently you want to attach them you can either use strong double sided tape or a polyurethane based adhesive like Sikaflex 227 or similar. You can run the tape or a bead of adhesive around the perimeter of the guards and a cross through the centre.

The finished Guards;

With Petcock Guard;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that Rally Raid Engineering are now making Carbon/Kevlar Frame Guards for the KTM 640.

The price is 85.50 AUD per set.

If you order a set of Tank Guards there will be no additional postage for the Frame Guards.

If you want them by themselves the postage will be (in AUD);

US (mainland) & Canada $20.70
Most of Europe & UK $24.70
Australia $7.95

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our LC4 Case Guards are finally ready! The price is 99 AUD plus shipping, the shipping is the same as the Frame Guards.

They can be stuck on in a similar way to the Tank Guards.

Some pics;

michael1968 screwed with this post 07-02-2014 at 11:26 PM
michael1968 is online now   Reply With Quote