Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #16351
tenfiddy
Demotivational P C

Oddometer: 186
Does anyone recognize this stabilizer adapter on my 2000 BRP? I've done a bunch of searching but can't find any reference to this version.

"Unlimited foobar until epoch called!"
tenfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #16352
DualSpaz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Looks like a W.E.R. (works enduro rider) mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51 View Post
Does anyone recognize this stabilizer adapter on my 2000 BRP? I've done a bunch of searching but can't find any reference to this version.

DualSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #16353
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
KTM Tank on an XRR?

Crazy question but has anyone ever thought about or tried to mount a KTM fuel tank on an XRR? I have a sumo setup for my pig and for the road the stock tank and shrouds are really dated. Looking at some of the KTM frames they have a single backbone like the Hondas and I'm just wondering out loud if this might be feasible (with some modifications of course.) Anyone own both an EXC or similar and an XRR that could eyeball it? Some of the smaller Acerbis tanks with even the built in shrouds look pretty good by comparison.

I know it's absolutely NOT a functional mod and I'm fine with my dirt setup with my Clarke tank but a little sleeker street setup might stop me from adding a 5th bike to the garage

Fire away...Scott
Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #16354
mdlak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFanMan View Post
Crazy question but has anyone ever thought about or tried to mount a KTM fuel tank on an XRR? I have a sumo setup for my pig and for the road the stock tank and shrouds are really dated. Looking at some of the KTM frames they have a single backbone like the Hondas and I'm just wondering out loud if this might be feasible (with some modifications of course.) Anyone own both an EXC or similar and an XRR that could eyeball it? Some of the smaller Acerbis tanks with even the built in shrouds look pretty good by comparison.

I know it's absolutely NOT a functional mod and I'm fine with my dirt setup with my Clarke tank but a little sleeker street setup might stop me from adding a 5th bike to the garage

Fire away...Scott

I've got a 2004 XRR stock tank/shrouds that are barely used if you're looking for something prettier. Been thinking about selling them for a while. Let me know if that interests you.
mdlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #16355
walkergreenlabel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Looks like your buddy found the deep end

Just goes to show, a fully farkled BMW can't swim. When he first fell I thought the bike would be ok but the second fall was a full submergance. How long did it take to get it running again?
not sure I wasnt on the ride but its on the route planned for this year.
walkergreenlabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #16356
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:

Fire away...Scott
It's going to look older no matter what. Enjoy the look. It's unique on these bikes and I tend to like it.

I do not like the front fender though, but installing a CRF450 one fixed that.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #16357
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlak View Post
I've got a 2004 XRR stock tank/shrouds that are barely used if you're looking for something prettier. Been thinking about selling them for a while. Let me know if that interests you.
Thanks but I have the stock tank and shrouds too, just thinking outside the box. Appreciate the offer though
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #16358
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
It's going to look older no matter what. Enjoy the look. It's unique on these bikes and I tend to like it.

I do not like the front fender though, but installing a CRF450 one fixed that.
I agree to a point. I know two European manufacturers (Monnier and Bitalia I think) make CRF style tanks for the XRR that take the CRF shrouds but they want CRAZY money for those things I even think the Acerbis Safari tank looks better than the stocker, it's just too much for the stripped down motard setup.

I changed out my front fender to the CRF style some time ago...not an exact XR red but close enough and looks way better than the floppy XRR fender. Rear fender will be going next.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #16359
cognugget
n00b

Oddometer: 243
My latest video. quality went down the drain. Make sure to watch in 720p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I_qP...Rg9udw&index=1
cognugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #16360
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Looks like a great area to ride!

Don't show a KLR owner that video...

I love how capable these bikes are. I take my through hell and back and all it wants is an oil change...
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #16361
cognugget
n00b

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
Looks like a great area to ride!

Don't show a KLR owner that video...

I love how capable these bikes are. I take my through hell and back and all it wants is an oil change...
I saw a klr out there cruising the fire roads.
cognugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #16362
hontri
Global Bummer!

Oddometer: 298
Quote:

Fire away...Scott

You mean like this. Pretty modern looking to me.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/580...-xrcrf-hybrid/
hontri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #16363
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hontri View Post
You mean like this. Pretty modern looking to me.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/580...-xrcrf-hybrid/
Yep, Manu is the master at updating XRR's. Unfortunately he uses the super expensive and hard to get (in this country) Monnier and Bitalia tanks to do it.

I still think I could get a KTM tank to fit but getting access to some different ones to test fit is the problem. Not a huge deal, just thought it might be a cool mod if it worked.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #16364
mdlak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
XRR for sale in Atlanta

Somebody please buy the 2001 XRR that just popped up on Atlanta CL before I do something stupid.
mdlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #16365
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
guys, how much should a low-mileage '06 xr650r (~3.500 miles) go for (in europe)? what are the main things to watch out for and is there an easy way i can tell whether it's been raced?
wipe-out is offline   Reply With Quote