Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #91
Vanishing Point
A very sad panda

Oddometer: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationUnknown View Post
The blocking of freeways has happened several times the last few years. Examples would be Dallas and St. Louis. Sometimes it is for riders to play and stunt, another for showing 'respect' to a rider that crashed and died while riding recklessly. I think that is a silly way to go about it though. In a way it can be harmless, but I also see there is no way this helps the image of motorcyclist; especially sportbike riders. I know most on here would never be involved in something like the video shows, no matter what motorcycle they ride. We can debate all we want but we have to think of the mindsets of the people involved in that video. Simply put, they don't care what other people think. They are only concerned with themselves in that instance.
They needed a better Road Captain.
Vanishing Point is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #92
ronandkat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Is anyone else thinking of the

Bigger picture here?

1. The video started with them on the highway, and coming to a stop. I doubt seriously, they just shot down off the grassy hill onto the highway, which means that they were riding on the highway in that mass hysteria, for maybe, 1 mile, or 5-20 miles. Who knows. A large, disrespectful group like that, Im sure slowed down traffic, for a considerable distance more, than just the time they were stopped.

2. So they were stopped for 2 minutes. Do you know how far traffic can back up for within 2 minutes on a major freeway? It has a ripple effect that goes waaay beyond the drivers you see in the video, and once beyond the stopped drivers are ones who have to slow considerably. Based on on some simple math and equations, one can deduct the possibility that traffic had backed up a good ways behind them, and They dont all start moving at once again and instantly hit their prior travel speed. 2 minutes can turn into 6-10 minutes for the tail end of something like that.

3. Alot of folks in cages are gonna be outright pissed by that video plain and simple, so whats the logical progression for that anger? Yes, other cyclist. So when they see someone splitting lanes, they are gonna squeeze them a little tighter in payback, endangering other bikers, or leading to confrontations with unwanted results.

4. Noone seems to know, nor care about what happened at the back of the line. Travelling at freeway speeds and suddenly coming up on a completely stopped freeway can lead to panic braking, damage, etc.

Closing, yes its awesome, we all want to propose to our girls in a memorable way. However I'm not sure saying "Fuck you other drivers and riders" is the best.
ronandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #93
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,317
I'm digging deep within myself, trying to find the righteous indignation. I've even started concocting fictional life-and death scenarios to help the indignation percolate to the surface so I can unleash it on an unsuspecting internet. Alas, it's not working. All I can find is a little mild amusement. Sorry, I'm a complete failure as a paunchy, middle-aged, faux-adventurer.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #94
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post
I'm digging deep within myself, trying to find the righteous indignation. I've even started concocting fictional life-and death scenarios to help the indignation percolate to the surface so I can unleash it on an unsuspecting internet. Alas, it's not working. All I can find is a little mild amusement. Sorry, I'm a complete failure as a paunchy, middle-aged, faux-adventurer.

No shit.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #95
Flyinace1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
But you do get extra credit for bringing up the term Chinese Fire Drill. Haven't heard that expression for several decades. Do kids these days even know what that is? Or are they too busy texting?
I'm 21 and did a chinese fire drill for the 1st time last yer with a couple of friends. We went on a road trip and had alays wanted to do it so we decided "heck, why not?"

As for the proposal I think its was a crazy fun idea, stupid but fun. The article also said the guy is being very cooperative with the law, I gotta give him some respect for taking responsibility for his actions. And it was on a Sunday so traffic is super light there at that time. Yes I know this for a fact cause I ride that specific part of the freeway almost every Sunday (not that day tho) one direction in the morning and back in the afternoon.

just my thoughts

2005 Yamaha FZ6 (the faster blue )
1995 Honda Magna VF750C (sold)
Flyinace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #96
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,061
I know 'Russian roulette' but a Chinese fire drill?

Yeah, i know, these ignorant foreigners!
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 AM   #97
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussijussi View Post
I know 'Russian roulette' but a Chinese fire drill?

Yeah, i know, these ignorant foreigners!
Pull up to a red light. Everyone jumps out of the car, runs around, and jumps back in before the light turns green. Kid stuff.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #98
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,061
Quote:
Pull up to a red light. Everyone jumps out of the car, runs around, and jumps back in before the light turns green. Kid stuff.
Ok, thank's. Never got real popular here, probably for the reason that being -30 outside, you'd want to stay in the car, no matter what
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #99
bigphish
Curiously Satisfying

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
The whole point of the Chinese Fire Drill was to NOT slow down the people behind you.

As opposed to a bunch of fucktards closing down an entire multi-lane freeway.

But you do get extra credit for bringing up the term Chinese Fire Drill. Haven't heard that expression for several decades. Do kids these days even know what that is? Or are they too busy texting?

God, I love the internet. " Fucktard " LMAO My favorite new adjective. It just says so much!! Thanks Duck

94 CB 1000 " Big One "
K7 DL 1000
bigphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #100
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphish View Post
God, I love the internet. " Fucktard " LMAO My favorite new adjective. It just says so much!! Thanks Duck
Drop into Jo momma or CS&M sometime. You'll have a lot adjectives to chose from.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #101
Reduxalicious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I would LOVE to see someone attempt this on I-45 in Houston.. OKAY OKAY wanting to see a few squids get hit is bad I know.. BUT STILL, This is why I get evil looks from Old People when they see me on a bike.
Reduxalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #102
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
They just arrested him this morning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJoV...e_gdata_player
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #103
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,512
Yep, douche move.

I was watching the video thinking, "Who could be that foolish and that big of a dick all at the same time?"

Then I saw they were stunters.

It all makes sense now.
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #104
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Yep, douche move.

I was watching the video thinking, "Who could be that foolish and that big of a dick all at the same time?"

Then I saw they were stunters.

It all makes sense now.
Hey! There's some kids on your lawn!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #105
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,512
Quote:
Hey! There's some kids on your lawn!
Not for long....

But seriously, I have no problem with kids being kids.

I have an issue with grown men acting like children in such a way that endangers other people and makes all of us look bad.

2013 V-Strom

Thanantos screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 10:14 AM
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote