Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #2116
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,423
Anyone still riding a 4th gen? (93-97) I pulled out some of my old stuff that's been lying around.

I have a GIVI wingrack with the ultra rare VFR specific mounting hardware if you want to use 3 hard bags (or just two sidecases).

And I also have a brand new GIVI mono rack if you want just a top case.

Anyone interested?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #2117
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
If it was for a 3rd Gen I'd be all over it.
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #2118
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
If it was for a 3rd Gen I'd be all over it.
I read either on VFRD or VFRworld that the 4th gen GIVI setup will fit the 3rd gen with long bolts. BUT I am not sure if that is accurate.

The monorack I believe fits both, but that's only for a top box, no side cases.

However I do know that the 3rd gen can use the regular wingrack hardware IE the universal stuff whereas the 4th gen requires the specific kit.

I bought mine from Europe since they were impossible to find stateside, same for the monorack.

I'll see if I can find a PDF of the install and you can compare it to yours.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #2119
kyre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Does any one happen to have passenger grab rails for sale? My 2000 yellow VFR didn't come with them... There was an aftermarket seat on it and didn't even realize they were missing. Seat cowl too.

Any Tire recommendations?
kyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #2120
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyre View Post
Does any one happen to have passenger grab rails for sale? My 2000 yellow VFR didn't come with them... There was an aftermarket seat on it and didn't even realize they were missing. Seat cowl too.

Fark welcome to my nightmare!
It took me 3 months to locate a set. I rang nearly every wrecking yard in Australia every second week, I had a friend in the UK do the same for me over there and we were both constantly looking at ebay, gumtree, craigslist etc.

He did find one set after a month, however they wanted over 100 pounds EACH for them. Picked up a good pair from the uk for $110AUD delivered.

Seat cowl? Even harder to find. Best option is get some cheap chinese copy, dont worry about the colour, and get it sprayed to match your bike.
A bike I looked at a while ago had a chinese copy, and whilst fit and form were very good, the colour was way off.

Tyres? well I'll leave that up to someone else. Ive only put 4k on my bike, with 300km of those on new Michelin road pilot 2.

mandatory picture with my new numberplate

Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #2121
kyre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat110 View Post
Fark welcome to my nightmare!
It took me 3 months to locate a set. I rang nearly every wrecking yard in Australia every second week, I had a friend in the UK do the same for me over there and we were both constantly looking at ebay, gumtree, craigslist etc.

He did find one set after a month, however they wanted over 100 pounds EACH for them. Picked up a good pair from the uk for $110AUD delivered.

Seat cowl? Even harder to find. Best option is get some cheap chinese copy, dont worry about the colour, and get it sprayed to match your bike.
A bike I looked at a while ago had a chinese copy, and whilst fit and form were very good, the colour was way off.

Tyres? well I'll leave that up to someone else. Ive only put 4k on my bike, with 300km of those on new Michelin road pilot 2.

mandatory picture with my new numberplate

Ooh, I love those wheels! That's a bummer, hearing about that. Parts from Honda are not cheap... I'm not sure how badly I want them.
kyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #2122
PishPosh
n000000b

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
Many on this thread will tell you they aren't 'real' VFRs. Whatever you want to call them, I'm telling you, they're sweet. I've been scratching together 40 degree rides on this since January. 600 miles so far - cant wait til it warms up.

I love LOVE the look and concept of this bike, if I had the cash I would be riding one right now.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #2123
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 740

You and I are in the minority, for sure.. But for that reason, there will continue to be ridiculous deals on them in the used market for some time to come.

It's definitely a fun bike!

It's supposed to break 50 degrees here today for the first time in awhile. Hope to get some miles in.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #2124
butche19
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Here's my -91 750 which has currently 107000km in it.
I've installed Spiegler sportbike handlebar which makes riding position quite more upright and more relaxing. I really like this bike since it has this very nice bulletproof engine and it looks nice to be 1991.
However I have considered selling it because I find myself more and more desiring to get an allroad bike like TA or AT.

butche19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #2125
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,498

making it a street righter? nar, getting the small scratch repaired on the nose cone and lhs
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #2126
ironkique
Gnarly Adventurer

I crashed last year and with the the help of a few fellow ADVers am finally getting aound to putting it back together. The bike went down, hit a wall and cracked 2 engine mounts on right side....

Anyone Here Got Thin Skin? There's The freakin Door!
ironkique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #2127
HazMan
Gettn' Dirtier by the Day

Oddometer: 18
Grab rail from my '98

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyre View Post

Kure,

I have a right side grab rail with the slightest scuff on the very end of the bungie hook thingy the sticks out from the handle. Welcome to it but now you only need a left.

Let me know
HazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #2128
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,855
Tyre Recommendations

I always had great luck with Pirelli Diablos. HOwever, they are certainly no loger SOTA. I have a set of Dunlop Sportmax tyres on her now and am less than thrilled.

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #2129
slickwill
Exhiled

I had a set of Avon Storms on prior to my current set and was very happy and got 10K miles out of them. The new Storm 2 is supposed to be even better. However, I currently have a set of Continental Conti Motions on it. I really like them and others who rode my bike said the same. I can't comment on life yet but I really like the profile, dry grip, and wet grip. The "Traction Skin" hype, isn't hype. The break in time was essentially zero. Best of all is the price. They are very affordable. Much less than $200 a set. Right now American Motorcycle Tire has them for around $160 a set. I just saw that last night.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #2130
DeedsyDragon
Moto Dragon

Oddometer: 102
Hey guys, I am wanting to do a sport bar conversion on my 5th gen. Looking on information regarding what parts I need and how to do it. Thanks!