Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #19
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadman View Post
Excellent adventure! My cousin just bought 52 acres in CR with a house and pool and waterfall. So now my wife is even more interested in visiting and riding around 2 up to see what CR is all about. I have tried and failed to convince her to consider moving to one of the few towns on your / my MX short list. But the stability of CR appeals to her very slightly more pampered ways. I've forwarded your write-up to her email and (hopefully) planted another seed.

I am just starting constructing a "beach" house in El Porvenir, El Salvador being built by a former employee of mine who returned home. Simple, 2 bedroom, block and thatch, cheap. My plan is to stash two of the CG150 style bikes there year round and visit maybe 2-3 weeks a year. I wanted to do this in Monterrey Mexico, but that area is definitely on hold right now. Sadly, it never happened for me.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=mexico

As far as storage of your fine little scoot...it is essentially the same bike as a CRF150F, and I have 3 f them. Turning off the gas, draining the bowl, putting a cap full of fuel stabilizer in the tank, and hooking a tender to the ***removed*** battery is all that is needed to assure your bike is ready to go in 6 months or 6 years. I'd trust that method over letting anyone chance a mishap on my bike when I'm not around. That said, I'm the first to offer up my 1000cc supersport to a new acquaintance and not really care about the outcome. But a bike stashed in CR, and developing mechanical issues just when you need it least is whole other can of worms.

Congrats on your life adventures. I hope I can be so brave soon.

Peter in Houston, TX
Wow! 52 acres...that's quite a spread! RE your plans, I think trial runs are always a good way to find out what you want to do long term. You could rent a bike and do the 2up thing with esposa for a couple of weeks and that might give you an idea. Sounds like a wonderful plan in El Salvador--that's the only CA country I haven't visited yet....hmmmm, when's that house going to be done?

I thought about leaving the bike prepped as you pointed out, but I've got a neighbor and some family members who likely will use it, and I'd rather have it ready for them.

Hope your plans work for CR / ES!

pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote