New tires?

Mr. BigWheel,

How did the new tires work out?
BWSwamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #962
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 256
OOOOO. Well now that I'm rolling on your old 25's now I don't have that excuse anymore. I am going with the "you have lighter wheels than I do" excuse now. Maybe B-29 would be a more successful venture than Skwentna?
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #963
007kuntry
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Bw 350

Anyone have any tips for my 87 bw 350 Need to tighten the primary chain

007kuntry screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 08:13 AM
007kuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #964
jaubuchon
Cheapest Boy Alive

Oddometer: 36
Answer some questions

If you guys could please help me, i need interviewees for my school assignment, if you would like to do a simple interview please pm me. it is all about the sierra club and how we hate them, and state closures of ohv lands
jaubuchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #965
sixpepper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
go with the red 190

[ Go the the 190 ..I still have some of the blue 125's that I purchased back in the 80's...They are too light and chip easy..
sixpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #966
sixpepper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
tighten chain

just sent you a message I think...these new fangled messages boards get an old guy confused..
sixpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #967
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
RT180 tank on BW200?

Has anyone tried fitting one of the Clark Mfg. plastic RT180 tanks to a BW200? Looks like the rear bolt pattern might be the same.

http://clarkemfg.com/rt180-all-p-264.html
BWSwamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #968
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Make sure the bottom of the tank is cleared enough to fit over the frame tubes.
I did not have a tank for my BW and had a very hard time finding something to fit because the frame tubes require a big wide tunnel to fit over.Most bikes have these tubes farther back so the tunnel in the tank can be narrow.
My tank is steel because I used a torch to reshape the underside of the tank to fit over the frame.

If anyone find an aftermarket tank that does fit,please post because I need a bigger tank!!!
Shercoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #969
jaubuchon
Cheapest Boy Alive

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpepper View Post
just sent you a message I think...these new fangled messages boards get an old guy confused..
didnt send sir
jaubuchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #970
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 153
Hi everybody,

This weekend I tried to rebuild a part of the BW350. I´m not finished, but
I looks good enough for now.

Here are some other machines: TW200, RV90 and RV125

And of course my "new" Fatcat.

At the upper side of the monoshock is a kind of rubber flap. Where can I get this thing? Mine is damaged.
And could someone take a picture for me of the frame with battery and the other elektrical stuff under the seat of the BW350?

Regards,

Röhrich
Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #971
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 748
These are the only photos of Cliff where I didn't cut off his head, have my thumb in the shot or still have the lens cap in place, even after he obliged me with 20 runs past the camera:

Cliff was testing out the Super BigWheel mods to the suspension and was airing the 350 out to a degree that is not represented by my weak photos:

Old 03-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #972
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 748
Röhrich,

I'll get a picture of the under-seat area of the 350. It will probably be filled with mud, grass and birds' nests, however.

During the ride with Cliff, he explained the difference between the number 10 and the number 12. I thought that BWSwamper's aluminum rim was another 10" conversion. That is probably the first 12" rear wheel on a BW in the world! We are witnessing history and my public school education was impeding my ability to comprehend it.

Fortunately, Cliff spends a lot of time watching Sesame Street these days and was sharp enough to point out the numerical difference for me.

We will be waiting with baited breath for the update.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #973
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 153
I have another question:

Last year I bought this "beautifull" Fatcat from the owner of the other 6 Big Wheels. The Fatcat is generally in oké condition, also the cylinder with piston and the left side of the engine almost look new. The only thing is the right side of the engine. There missing some parts with the engine cover, and the parts that I have are rusting.

What can I do with it? I would like to rebuild it, but when I buy al that parts on ebay ( when I know exactly what is missing?? ) I think I have to pay more for that, than for the whole bike. I could also put another Honda engine in it, but what engine looks the same as the TR200 engine and fits in the frame? I prefer to get the other parts to rebuild the original engine. Is there someone who knows where I could get this parts, or which engine was almost the same as the TR200 engine?

Here are some pictures of the Fatcat:

The engine looks very bad, but the inside of the engine ( behind the right cover ) looks oke.

I only bought it in this condition because these Big Wheels and Fatcats are absolutely RARE here in Europe. This is maybe the only Fatcat in whole the Netherlands.

Regards,

Röhrich
Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #974
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 711
Got new mainshaft/idlergear/etc to repair gf's big wheel and got the engine out of the BW200.

Any tips on splitting the case? The factory phillip head bolts that hold the cases together seem like they will strip out easy and the case itself is pretty darn snug.
85 Yamaha BIG Wheel 200 & 88 BIG Wheel 350
Travel Blog: http://peteandluna.wordpress.com/
epix1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #975
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Röhrich View Post
I have another question:

Last year I bought this "beautifull" Fatcat from the owner of the other 6 Big Wheels. The Fatcat is generally in oké condition, also the cylinder with piston and the left side of the engine almost look new. The only thing is the right side of the engine. There missing some parts with the engine cover, and the parts that I have are rusting.

What can I do with it? I would like to rebuild it, but when I buy al that parts on ebay ( when I know exactly what is missing?? ) I think I have to pay more for that, than for the whole bike. I could also put another Honda engine in it, but what engine looks the same as the TR200 engine and fits in the frame? I prefer to get the other parts to rebuild the original engine. Is there someone who knows where I could get this parts, or which engine was almost the same as the TR200 engine?

I only bought it in this condition because these Big Wheels and Fatcats are absolutely RARE here in Europe. This is maybe the only Fatcat in whole the Netherlands.

Regards,

Röhrich
this article says its a de-tuned honda ATC 200 motor.....

http://yamaha.itgo.com/BW200review/1.htm
dentvet is online now   Reply With Quote