Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #13891
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
560 miles in Mexico is about six hours for Miguelito. The guy is a demon and rarely needs to stop to piss.

I was taking water pills today. Stopped 4 times for gas/check directions/piss in 10 hours. I am a shadow of my former self. I used to only stop twice. I am a broken machine! ;)
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #13892
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Austin & Pix

Thanks JD, I would like to get to Austin sometime and hear some music, have bumped in to a lot of folks there and we have a music festival in July that is all Texas musicians. Thanks for the tip on smug mug posting. I did what I have always done and it didn't work, have they changed something? Will check out the how to post a pic thread. Always something new with techno. Hard to eat baclava with that burka, uh balaclava, on your face.

dfoyster.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/The-Way-South/i-D52sTqk/0/M/image-M.jpg[/img][/url]

Sheeeite. That didn't work either. I gotta get on the road. Will try more later.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #13893
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,148
ORIGINAL
dfoyster.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/The-Way-South/i-D52sTqk/0/M/image-M.jpg[/img]

MODIFIED BY ADDING THE ORANGE PORTION
[IMG]http://www.dfoyster.smugmug.com

If you learn how the string should look you can fix things.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #13894
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
OK Jimmex. Here's the new scoot with the Gulf Coast humidity trying its best to intrude on the Sierra Oriental:

The guy in the striped shirt is Alberto, who rode a train into the US at age 11, and left at 18 when his brother needed a kidney transplant and was deported. We went on our own personal pub crawl. Last bar was a strange place for me, white, American, old guy. Todo Hispanicos con putas. Alberto warned me, (although he really didn't need to), to not take any women home. Oh dear!

Got a $4 haircut from Carlos. That's not me in the chair BTW. ;)
Very sweet bike M'ito.

jimmex screwed with this post 03-10-2013 at 08:35 AM
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #13895
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
... and no diminishing radii in the corners.
A good decreasing radius corner on a mountain road with no guardrails is something that sticks in your mind with a clarity only matched by the pic of Schizz and his dessert offering.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #13896
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Pix

Thanks Schizz and Weazy. I have been posting fotos since december and suddenly a problem. WTF. I will get it sorted.
David
Old 03-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #13897
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
OK, lets see if we can't clear this up.

I heard Baldy got one of those super-secret DHS / FBI non-subpoena subpoenas regarding this photo.
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #13898
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Fisherman

When someone does something thousands of times because their life and their family depend on it they develop a grace in their actions that is lovely to behold

[/url]
Lake Catemaco Fisherman

Lake Catemaco Fisherman II

This is working now just the way it has since December without modifying the string. Some temporary aberration I guess. Thanks for jumping in guys. Help is always valued and sometimes appreciated
Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #13899
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Thanks Schizz and Weazy. I have been posting fotos since december and suddenly a problem. WTF. I will get it sorted.
David
It's called "Catemagico"!
Odd things happen when you are living on Tuxtlas time. Rod Serling couldn't have said it better.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #13900
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,557
Great pics RMO.

I'd like to get to that part of Mexico sometime.
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #13901
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Catemaco to Palenque

Great ride. No fotos. Was booking it. Hwy. 180 has some great twisty bits but with a fearsomely uneven surface in places. There was a a pizza delivery guy on some kind of Chinese 125 down in one of the potholes. The only thing that kept him from falling all the way back to China was that box on the back of the scoot. I slowed down enough that he could grab my crash bar and come flying out of there... good thing because there was a doble remolque loaded with more Chinese shit bearing down on us.

I again salute you iron butts who pound out 500 miles in a day. In this heat and humidity 300 miles was plenty for this old boy.

Don't wear shorts and sandals when you go out for dinner at night here. My legs have been devoured my no see'ems while I was writing this...

Old 03-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #13902
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,129
I am in Panama City and have a few questions???

How do you find the location where you can watch the ships pass through the canal? I have Panama Maps in my GPS, so an address would be great!

From where do the sail boats depart that carry the motos to Columbia? Not heading further south this trip, but will be in the future.

In following CA1 to its end at the Darien Straight, how is the availability of fuel and motels after leaving Panama?

Thanks!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #13903
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Un momento de sobriedad

I guess you're never really safe on a motorcycle. I stopped for a break in Jalpan today, and met three guys on their sport bikes and full racing leathers. They took off first. I finished my break, then left Restaurante Karina's wondering how fast and how far they had gone.

Above Pinal de Amoles, I saw them with two other riders parked by the side of the road, helmets off. I gave them the *thumbs up* and they returned it, so I rode on, enjoying getting my chicken strips disappeared on the new bike. About 15 minutes later I heard the high pitched whine of their motors behind me, and waved them around. They were flying, and as much as the Oyster thinks I'm fast, these guys were tearing it up, using both lanes, and simulating a track day on one of the greatest motorcycling roads in Mexico. I soon lost sight of them, and about 5 minutes later, I came around a curve below the village of Camargo, to find two of them in the road, waving me to slow down.

I immediately saw why. One of the riders who had joined them when I passed them, apparently had a head-on with a car coming the other way. I am not sure if the error was hers or the driver of the car, but his car was a a standstill in his own lane. I think the rider was a girl, but never saw her with her helmet off. Her friends and some other by-standers were fishing her out of some brush about 15 feet below the roadbed. She had a leather jacket and full face helmet, but just jeans on her legs. I helped the other two drag her bike off the road, then we all gathered sand and dust to throw over the oil spill area. They got her into a car to drive her the 70 miles or so to a hospital in Queretaro.

It was a sobering moment, and I left after most of it was under control. I found myself riding with a heightened sense of caution and the tenuousness of being after that. Say some prayers for a fellow biker tonight inmates. I hope she will recover fully.

Her bike after we dragged it to the inside of the curve.

Her tank was over the guardrail on the outside of the curve.

Ride wrecklessly amigos.
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #13904
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
I heard Baldy got one of those super-secret DHS / FBI non-subpoena subpoenas regarding this photo.
Allahu Akbar!!

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #13905
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
Great pics RMO.

I'd like to get to that part of Mexico sometime.
October, Amigo.

October.

Still owe you a Oaxaca trip.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote