Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #6466
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
287?
You obviously aren't using the same technique as me

81 battles in my T30. 49.38% win. 39.5% survival. and the kicker....563xp average
1329 damage average only.
Biggest gun?

Keep in mind that when I say I learned something with the T28 Prototype, I really did learn that I tend to roll into battle too early, and tht it was better to roll in later (some times).

Now, IMHO it really isn't too early most times, and there is territory and advantageous fighting positions to take for each map, but these days none of that matters when the random pubs consistantly either hold back, get lost, or don't care.

So not getting the best motor for the T30 sort of helped me tone down my attack.

The T30, just like the T28 Prot and, reportedly, the 110E4, aren't frontal-push tanks. They just load too slow, and all have easy-to-take-advantage-of weaknesses during those reloads. You can solve problems with them, but you best not be the one to create problems.

I have no clue what my average damage is with the T30, but like I wrote earlier - I was on a losing streak with it, too, initially. At 81 battles compared to my 287 battles, you still have a long way, and a long time, to refine and improve upon your stats with the powerhouse. (as an aside or hint, I almost never used Gold rounds in it. I had them with me, sure, and if it came down to me vs. a few tier tens... OK... but I could probably count the games I've loaded gold rounds with the T30's bigget gun on one hand - aiming for weak spots / lower glacis shots is far more important)

It may be one of the ultimate terrain peek-a-boo tanks for tier 9 since it reloads so slowly, it has great gun depression, and its turret is pretty strong from the front.

You'll get there Just give it the chances it needs to stay alive.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 10:30 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #6467
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,308
just learned today, that if you go to the service record tab in your garage, it breaks down everything. not sure if that is a stock function or one of the mods.

I have some really good games with the T30. And some really bad ones where I'm too impatient, or cant' find a hiding spot to snipe from.
It does seem to get a lot of attention from the opposing team even when i'm not in front. I hope that in 100 years when my camo perks are 100% on everyone, that dissipates some.

I do have the biggest gun, but have not and probably will not invest valuable XP into an engine.

fun for me, I 1 shotted an IS8 with an ammo rack on the last map as he was rolling across the valley. then an SU152 and E75. Not solo of course, but 75% of the damage each i would say.

one of these days i will get that headset and try to platoon with you guys that know what you're doing. If nothing else, my jackassery should take the focus off of you so you can get shots in
Old 03-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #6468
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,308
In a T30 match where heavies are being ineffective, but we might could pull it out despite the xvm 42% chance. one after another gets hammered. A T34 asks where the arty support was. and the arty guy, no shit, says if you don't request fire i can't see them
Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #6469
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,203

Apparently you have to be platooned to get crucial contribution, but that was a hell of a game.

Big Bird 928 screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 01:07 PM
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #6470
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Biggest gun?

Keep in mind that when I say I learned something with the T28 Prototype, I really did learn that I tend to roll into battle too early, and tht it was better to roll in later (some times).
I bought the T28 myself this last week. 200% crew, rammer, vents and big gun. Slow. Really slow. 18 kmph top end. I frontal penned a Jagdtiger for 50%damage with it last night. Caught a charging Ferdi too. Knocked 50% off him as well.

I like that. I play too aggressively and get impatient. this thing makes you wait. Seems the reload isn't as bad as people complain about though. I'm even making money with it. I figured being top of tier 8 would be like running the Patton

boomer, the headset that janeur posted is awesome and cost less than a liter of Jack
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #6471
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post

Apparently you have to be platooned to get crucial contribution, but that was a hell of a game.
Impressive!

Gold rounds or no?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #6472
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,361
Added Geeks XVM post to the 1st page. I'll leave it up for as long as it's good, maybe cut it down to the main XVM page eventually...
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #6473
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Impressive!

Gold rounds or no?
of course! in that tank I have nothing else loaded.

and I just realized that crucial contribution is 12 kills, but I think it is a platoon only award anyways.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #6474
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
That's ok, I've just replaced you with a KLR Rider.
Welcome to the clan TheatyHannington.
Thank you, good sir. We KLRists must stick together before our bikes fall apart.

Good luck out there, MN Smurf!

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #6475
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,172
0-3 tonight....absolutely no teamwork or support. One battle, we had 5 large bad guys spotted, out of cover, for 5 minutes, and our Tier 10 arty (a BatChat 155) didn't even send one round that direction, despite multiple requests. Oh, he was a 12K battle player with a 43% overall win rate.

I'm about to quit this game entirely.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #6476
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

he he.... A Hetzer with higher damage than the rest of the team, in a tier 6 battle.

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:55:40 PM
Vehicle: Hetzer
Experience received: 2,876 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 32,293
Battle Achievements: Halonen's Medal
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #6477
rjbergen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Not sure if this has been posted (sorry, didn't bother looking), but I'm also active in this WoT thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/139....html&page=145

On that forum, there is a member name Manic_Moran and he has the second-to-last post on the page I linked to. This also happens to be WoT's Chieftan that posts the Youtube videos with real-life vehicle walk through. He left an interesting comment today:

Quote:
I'm saving credits.

A lot of credits.

Like, millions of credits.

I'm running my premiums more than normal.

There is a reason for this, and if the internal rumours are true, you can all participate.

I suggest saving credits until you hear from me.
He also mentioned later that we should wait about 10 days, which happens to line up with Fri., March 22nd, the start of a weekend event. Not sure what's coming, but might want to grind those premiums and hold off on purchases for a week.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #6478
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
0-3 tonight....absolutely no teamwork or support. One battle, we had 5 large bad guys spotted, out of cover, for 5 minutes, and our Tier 10 arty (a BatChat 155) didn't even send one round that direction, despite multiple requests. Oh, he was a 12K battle player with a 43% overall win rate.

I'm about to quit this game entirely.
This was platooning with OP / What?

I just platooned, and we won more than we lost despite the bad teams.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #6479
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbergen View Post
Not sure if this has been posted (sorry, didn't bother looking), but I'm also active in this WoT thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/139....html&page=145

On that forum, there is a member name Manic_Moran and he has the second-to-last post on the page I linked to. This also happens to be WoT's Chieftan that posts the Youtube videos with real-life vehicle walk through. He left an interesting comment today:

He also mentioned later that we should wait about 10 days, which happens to line up with Fri., March 22nd, the start of a weekend event. Not sure what's coming, but might want to grind those premiums and hold off on purchases for a week.

My guess is that they'll start allowing transfer of Elite tank XP to Free XP with silver, instead of gold. Not unlike the change in premium ammo purchases, at the same conversion rate. Currently it costs 1 gold for 25 XP, so 400 silver/25XP conversions?

I bet there are a lot of XP locked up in tanks with players unwilling to buy gold to shift that experience to Free XP.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #6480
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

For those that are interested in tank companies, this seems to be a fairly normal build. If you are interested, I would suggest at least 2 perks, 1 being repair for your crew.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: