Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #4636
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,445
I called WPS a few weeks ago, and they gave me three dealers in my area who were supposed to be selling them, but no longer do. All three dealers were clueless about what they did offer, and were supposed to have someone call me back with details, but not a single one did. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
Thanks Ace - appreciate the info. Any contact info (website or??) for WPS? I need to see if they are available up here in Canuckistan...

thx, Desmo
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #4637
Deuce
Crazy Canuck

Oddometer: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
Ha ha - thanks Ace. You must have missed my post a couple of weeks ago - my dealer closed and Ducati is "discussing options" for a new dealer, so bottom line is I CAN'T discuss it with my dealer because I don't have one! That's why I asked you - if you have a URL or something pls let me know...thx, DD
Desmo, you can buy your extended warranty from any dealer that sells 'em. Doesn't have to be a Duck dealer. Go see Brian at Sport Cycle or any other moto dealer. Hell, even a car dealer will sell you an extended warranty. They don't care as long as they get their commission from the warranty company. First Canadian is a company used by a lot of bike shops.

Deuce screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 04:16 PM
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #4638
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bills View Post
Do you change your own tires? If so, get the combo kit of all 3 tools. The axle alignment tool isn't 100% necessary, but dang handy. If you have a shop change your tires, not nearly as big of a deal to have.

You can get around having this tool by tightening up the pinch bolts a little bit while snugging up the axle bolt. You just need to get the axle bolt tight enough to not fall out after having seated the shoulder of the axle.
Yes, usually change my own tires. Tks for the tips. Just bought the 3 pc tool set.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #4639
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
This thread should not reside on page two for the better part of a week. A gratuitous bump was in order.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:55 AM   #4640
Tripletrouble
Farkle addict

Oddometer: 75
I concur
Tripletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #4641
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,519
Who not; nobody's adding any content.
PAPA
SJTR
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #4642
jerdog53
Banned

Oddometer: 4,687
Well this isnt orange crush where everybody talks about all the problems with there bikes.
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #4643
atgatt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Well... it certainly has been quiet so I'll chime in.

I am currently in the market for a new bike and the Multi is on the top of my list. A dealer that I know should have a few in stock this week... but he needs to uncrate them and get them going before I can test drive it. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

My only concern is the seat height (I'm 5 11... but a 29" inseam)... and the price.

If the multistrada doesn't work out... for some reason I have fallen for the Husqy Nuda 900 R... (probably because they sound so freakin cool)... but you can't get 'em in the US so...

S10 as a second choice? That would be like dating the "normal" looking sister of a super model (compared to the MTS I mean).
atgatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #4644
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgatt View Post
Well... it certainly has been quiet so I'll chime in.

I am currently in the market for a new bike and the Multi is on the top of my list. A dealer that I know should have a few in stock this week... but he needs to uncrate them and get them going before I can test drive it. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

My only concern is the seat height (I'm 5 11... but a 29" inseam)... and the price.

If the multistrada doesn't work out... for some reason I have fallen for the Husqy Nuda 900 R... (probably because they sound so freakin cool)... but you can't get 'em in the US so...

S10 as a second choice? That would be like dating the "normal" looking sister of a super model (compared to the MTS I mean).
How about the new KTM 1190? 150HP, great on or off road, and should arrive here in the US this fall.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #4645
jerdog53
Banned

Oddometer: 4,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
How about the new KTM 1190? 150HP, great on or off road, and should arrive here in the US this fall.

-SM
Bleck!
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #4646
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
Bleck!
That was my feeling as well. Saw it for the first time yesterday and it looks like a V-Strom.
bross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #4647
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
Bleck!
Near identical stated outputs, two versions roadie / offroad, all achieved without desmodromics and belt driven cams, yeah what's to like...

A worthy competitor and alternative to the MTS1200
and what looks to be a major game changer, for KTM in general.

996DL
996DL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #4648
precarious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996DL View Post
Near identical stated outputs, two versions roadie / offroad, all achieved without desmodromics and belt driven cams, yeah what's to like...

A worthy competitor and alternative to the MTS1200
and what looks to be a major game changer, for KTM in general.

996DL
What's not to like? The lack of carbon accessories, maybe. This is a Duc thread, after all

Other than that, KTM hasn't exactly been rock solid dependable. They don't call them katooms for nothing
precarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #4649
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by precarious View Post
What's not to like? The lack of carbon accessories, maybe. This is a Duc thread, after all

Other than that, KTM hasn't exactly been rock solid dependable. They don't call them katooms for nothing
Great quip on the carbon fibre bling , however this motor bears basically no heritage at all, to the 950 / 990 series and instead is derived from the 1190 RC8 Superbike motor, totally different cam drives etc., but you knew that already...

The similarities between this bike's introduction into the marketplace by KTM and the MTS1200 by Ducati, are strikingly conjoined in the fact that both makers, have and will have to step up to the plate, in regards to mainstream consumer expectations.

Let's hope for both parties, this is another home run, in the motorcycle marketplace...

996DL
996DL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #4650
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996DL View Post
The similarities between this bike's introduction into the marketplace by KTM and the MTS1200 by Ducati, are strikingly conjoined in the fact that both makers, have and will have to step up to the plate, in regards to mainstream consumer expectations.

Let's hope for both parties, this is another home run, in the motorcycle marketplace...
Exactly why I threw it in here. Both are derived from their superbikes and "retuned" for more low/mid-range performance. Add in the other goodies to make a comfy "all roads" bike, and here we are. IMO this is the only competitor to the MTS12 on the performance end of the adventure touring genre, so if the OP can't swing the $20k+ (US) cost of the MTS12, the KTM may be a good "second choice" if he's after sportbike-like performance. I'll leave the comments on aesthetics alone.....

And let's hope this is indeed a home run for KTM. Given their financial situation, they can't afford to have this bike be anything less, and I for one like having them in the marketplace. To say they are a "disruptive force" is a bit of an understatement.....

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote