User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
MADSTROM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
WeeStrom Falco Replacement Fuel Pump

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience with this aftermarket fuel pump. Looks like a cheap and simple fix for the clogged fuel filter issues if it performs as advertised. Only $40 complete pump with filter if i'm reading this correctly.

New EFI Intank Fuel Pump for Suzuki Motorcycle Scooter | eBay
Here's another link: New Intank Fuel Pump for 2000-2007 Suzuki GSXR600 Motorcycle items in Felco Products store on eBay!
Sorry for the long links. I can't remember hope to shorten them.
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
BornAgain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Has one year warranty. Thinks it's a one size fits all pump. Site says located in China.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
precarious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Suzuki OE pumps are made by Mitsubishi. The Storm uses the same pump as a Mitsubishi lancer, Suzuki samurai, and many other car and moto models. However, the sending unit arrangements vary.

As far as quality, you're probably better off getting a lightly used GSX-R pump and mounting it to the Strom's sending unit. You may have to massage the fuel pipe a little.

When i was shopping for one, a VStrom pump was over $600. I got a fresh Gixxer 1000 pump for $60. Worked great ever since.
precarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
MADSTROM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by precarious View Post
Suzuki OE pumps are made by Mitsubishi. The Storm uses the same pump as a Mitsubishi lancer, Suzuki samurai, and many other car and moto models. However, the sending unit arrangements vary.

As far as quality, you're probably better off getting a lightly used GSX-R pump and mounting it to the Strom's sending unit. You may have to massage the fuel pipe a little.

When i was shopping for one, a VStrom pump was over $600. I got a fresh Gixxer 1000 pump for $60. Worked great ever since.
Actually I'm not having any problems, I just happened to see this on Ebay and figured I'd see if there was anything to it. Felco got back to me and advised the filter is NOT included.

Thanks for the info. Funny you should mention the Mitsubishi connection. I had a 1989 Dodge Colt which was a Chrysler re-badged Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback. The fuel pump went out on it at 270,000 miles. I bought 3 different aftermarket pumps and took them all back because they didn't fix the problem. I finally negotiated my local Mitsubishi dealer down from $450 to $350 for the whole "fuel pump assembly" and presto it was fixed. I think the difference was in one of those little gold colored pots on the" fuel pump assembly" and not the pump/motor itself. The problem is you can't buy the piece parts as stand alone parts and the OEM knows it. So they can soak you for the big bucks because you don't have any other choice. Again thanks for the information. I'll file it away for future use.
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote