'95 R100 Mystic
danedg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:27 AM   #888
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe1942 View Post
It is an Aussie movie, so it took me a bit to get into the language difference at first.

It was filmed on a very low budget so they couldn't afford sub titles.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #889
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Dog Taxi

I was testing a ballcap mount for my GoPro camera, so I stepped outside into the garage at night just to experiment a tad bit with it. The lighting was horrible at the time, but I was just there to test out the camera mount and not really do any scripted video at all. Murph helped me a bit in the video and hopefully we will get this project on the road again in the future. There is much to do in that regard though. Any rate, the camera mount seemed to work okay on first trial. It is nice to know that Murph still knows how to enter and exit on the Dog Taxi. Sorry for the poor quality of the video, but the focus was actually just on piddling with the ballcap camera mount at the time and see if it would work or not. I am anxious to do some videos when we get back on the road, so this camera mount was just one more thing to add to my mount kit for future use.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8469079999/

Sorry, but for some reason, I can't seem to embed the link to flickr and make it show here the way it should.

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...

coupe1942 screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 02:16 AM
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #890
workerant
Spaß im Dreck

Oddometer: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Some dogs wear them, some don't.
Truth. Kenda doesn't, but she spends most of the time in the sidecar lying on the floor of the tub so it's not a big deal.

I have hopes that new dog Maeby will wear them. She's a retired bear-hunting dog and doesn't hesitate to follow her nose, so I'll have to develop a restraint harness for her to keep her in the rig.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #891
whitham_wannabe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 858
Bruce.

Travels With Bruce : More Travels With Bruce
whitham_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #892
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,004
Bruce

He's a real Noble Savage ! But I looked through one of you threads and I love this one,I appologize if your offended but its such a cool image.DB
Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #893
whitham_wannabe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 858
Not offended at all! One of these days I am going to get a Bruce photo on the front page ...!

Travels With Bruce : More Travels With Bruce
whitham_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #894
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

I started working on a project today to widen a small plastic helmet I obetained at a yard sale yesterday for $0.50 cents. I will trim down the back of the helmet to allow it to ride better on the dog's neck. (This is the way my Zoomergear helmet is done, too). I cut the two plastic sides apart with my Dremil tool and took some bookbinding tape I had to join the two pieces back together and widen the helmet when done. I believe this will widen the helmet about 1 1/2" or so, which will be just about right for my Bichon, Murphy. I'll add a chin strap and may hook back on the grille/face shield once the mods are completed and done. I will also add a 1/4X20" set screw for putting on a camera mount, but I can do that much later and figure out the best location and balance at that time. I plan on painting the helmet with a checkerboard black and white stripe so it fits into the Dog Taxi theme of my sidecar rig. I am trying to contact Tap Plastics to get an idea as to some mods and the best way to reattach the two pieces back together. This helmet, when finished, is just for show and not for safety sake. I am hoping they can advise me on how to make a mold so I can do up a few more for myself when this is being done. If you do a search at YouTube, Tap Plastics has some really great videos on making molds of all sorts of things. However, the didn't seem to show any that really involved making a dog helmet. I have an old Zoomer gear helmet that is actually not as strong as the materials used in this helmet. It was apparently some sort of rattle for fans to shake when cheering on their team at a football game. For the price I paid so far, it won't be a major loss if I don't get it back together and properly setup. It is just a fun project to take up my time, as I am retired.

Maybe someone else has such a toy helmet to play with and can use these photos to help if they choose to modify one for themselves in the future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7632844663253/

Murphy tolerated it being on him as I played about with it, Once the thing is finalized and the rear section cut down a bit, then it will probably fit him even better. Anyone ever done up one of these types of projects before?

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #895
XL-erate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
That's right up there with the Vincent Stieb combo as one of the prettiest rigs on earth!
+3!

Just excellent!
XL-erate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #896
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 675
Special pup ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jb22vkh9g4&sns=em
Prmurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:55 AM   #897
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

I got my custom dog door for my Dog Taxi in the mail yesterday. It is easy to open and close up after my dogs enter or exti the hack. The super magnets do a good job with it. Murph will have to get adjusted to having it in place as he rides, but the opening should give him a bit of a view when it is closed. In the hot Texas summers down here, the mesh opening may offer a bit of air for him when riding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7632877669838/

Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #898
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,004
Murphys Taxi

That Murph is a lucky dog and must be a bit of a ham.DB
Old 03-12-2013, 02:58 AM   #899
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah, both Murph and Dusty are hams. I made some camera vests for my GoPro to shoot video from their view. Took them out to the lake the other day, but the wind was 49 MPH and they both could hardly stand up well in that mess, so the video wasn't all that great. That is, unless you enjoy watching dogs trudging over to the area where other dogs have peed or pooped. Man, that stuff draws dogs like magnets for some reason. :-)
Any rate, if it loads, this was a pic of Dusty looking at the ducks in front of her at the boat dock. Murph was intent in looking at the fisherman showing off his catch for the day. I hope to get some decent video later. The camera vest actually works well in letting them do their doggie thing as it films.

Woof by coupe1942, on Flickr

Got Fish? by coupe1942, on Flickr

How the dog camera vest was made for my GoPro:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7632888634961/

coupe1942 screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 03:09 AM
Old 03-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #900
Mr.Mellow's WildRide
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Thumb Works everytime..........!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe1942 View Post
I started working on a project today to widen a small plastic helmet I obetained at a yard sale yesterday for $0.50 cents. I will trim down the back of the helmet to allow it to ride better on the dog's neck. (This is the way my Zoomergear helmet is done, too). I cut the two plastic sides apart with my Dremil tool and took some bookbinding tape I had to join the two pieces back together and widen the helmet when done. I believe this will widen the helmet about 1 1/2" or so, which will be just about right for my Bichon, Murphy. I'll add a chin strap and may hook back on the grille/face shield once the mods are completed and done. I will also add a 1/4X20" set screw for putting on a camera mount, but I can do that much later and figure out the best location and balance at that time. I plan on painting the helmet with a checkerboard black and white stripe so it fits into the Dog Taxi theme of my sidecar rig. I am trying to contact Tap Plastics to get an idea as to some mods and the best way to reattach the two pieces back together. This helmet, when finished, is just for show and not for safety sake. I am hoping they can advise me on how to make a mold so I can do up a few more for myself when this is being done. If you do a search at YouTube, Tap Plastics has some really great videos on making molds of all sorts of things. However, the didn't seem to show any that really involved making a dog helmet. I have an old Zoomer gear helmet that is actually not as strong as the materials used in this helmet. It was apparently some sort of rattle for fans to shake when cheering on their team at a football game. For the price I paid so far, it won't be a major loss if I don't get it back together and properly setup. It is just a fun project to take up my time, as I am retired.

Maybe someone else has such a toy helmet to play with and can use these photos to help if they choose to modify one for themselves in the future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7632844663253/

Murphy tolerated it being on him as I played about with it, Once the thing is finalized and the rear section cut down a bit, then it will probably fit him even better. Anyone ever done up one of these types of projects before?
Mr.Mellow's WildRide is offline   Reply With Quote