Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #76
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by deWog View Post
LED running lights seem to be the "new black" on just about any bike coming out of Europe, Ducati is no different. They look kinda kewl.
LED running lights are mandatory for all new cages (new as in type certification of a model, not individual vehicles) since last year in the EU.

I know that similar regulations were intended to be imposed on bikes, not sure if those are in effect yet. Expect every EU bike (and all models designed to be sold on the european market) to sport LED running lights in the very near future.
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #77
Dr. Zaius
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Picked it up today!

Finally arrived! My new Pikes Peak is all set. First 100 miles today was epic. This is hands down the best street bike (I doubt it will ever see anything rougher than a gravel road) that I have ever thrown a leg over.
Low end - Endless and smooth torque.
Mid range - comes on like a banshee and roars and growls right into the high range of the RPM's.
Sport & Touring were the only two settings I got to today...but all the other will follow. Holy Cow! This thing is 100% filled with awesomeness!

My Mods:
Leo Vince Mid Pipe with Termi Carbon
Panniers (Red) for touring
Ducati Zumo 220 GPS
Center Stand
Heated Grips
Frame sliders front, mid and rear wheel
Rizmo Tail Tidy with new LED blinkers
Ducati Carbon Tank guard

What a bike!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #78
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,292
Cry

Jealous... I is.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #79
Flightar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
I got my new MTS 12 S Touring last week and have 1600 miles on it so far...overall its a great bike except the seat sucks and the windscreen is only good in the lowest position. If you move it the noise level gets crazy loud. I'm 5'10" BTW.

I have the top box and the grandturismo windscreen installed today...we'll see how they are afterwards.
Flightar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #80
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightar View Post
I got my new MTS 12 S Touring last week and have 1600 miles on it so far...overall its a great bike except the seat sucks and the windscreen is only good in the lowest position. If you move it the noise level gets crazy loud. I'm 5'10" BTW.

I have the top box and the grandturismo windscreen installed today...we'll see how they are afterwards.
i'm your size and on my 2010 I had the same issue with the windscreen - I think a lot of people did. Look in to "aztec" spacers or the palmer products screen holder (or diy with some plastic washers) - both get the screen off the bike so air can flow around it and they change the angle so its a little more upright. I have the palmer products thing and that has helped and the angle of the screen is adjustable so you can fine tune it. The aztec spacers are a bit more of an elegant solution and look "cleaner" but the angle is fixed, so you get what you get. After saying all that, I still prefer my ghetto pikes peak screen (cut down and painted stock screen) but its nice to have a bigger screen in the cold or on long tours.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #81
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightar View Post

I had no problem with my stock sear except that I didn't like the cheesy cover. The '13s have fixed that. At 5'11 I had modest complaints about the buffeting that has been 86.3% alleviated with Aztec spacers and the Eagle Hiss flaps. I'll live with the other 13.7% by always wearing ear plugs.

This is a common problem with almost all upright bikes of the class. They don't flow air as well as sports bikes or fully fared tourers, hence the shotgun approach to smoothing airflow. As a four season rider, my major problem is that weather protection in general isn't as good as a GS's is, but I hope it will be breezy and pleasant in summer by way of compensation. I recognized that going in and don't fault Ducati for that; it's the nature of this particular bike.

Congrats to you and everybody else who has recently acquired an iteration of this thrilling machine. They are a blast to ride.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #82
deWog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
Finally arrived! My new Pikes Peak is all set. First 100 miles today was epic. This is hands down the best street bike ...........
Sport & Touring were the only two settings I got to today...but all the other will follow. Holy Cow! This thing is 100% filled with awesomeness!

What a bike!
Funny, we've had some wet weather when I picked mine up so I left it in "urban" mode to take it easy; pleasant, but muted.

Spending most time in "touring" ( only managed about 350kms since I picked it up, almost all in traffic) which was like urban but with longer legs. But bloody hell - clicked it into "sport" mode and the power delivery is simply ferocious!!!! Honestly feels quicker than my previous Streetfighter S
deWog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:34 AM   #83
vellies
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
So, picked up my 2013 MultriStrada ABS (standard model) yesterday. All I can say is woooohooooo What a bloody awesome bike.

Started off by fitting:
1. SWMotech rack. I already had the adaptor plate for by Givi box.
2. Ram mount ball for GPS.
3. SWMotech centre stand. This one does not catch your foot when you have the ball of your foot on the pegs. Only problem I have is the rubber stopper that connects to the cat came off today, looked like it melted?? Think I will source the OEM rubber, which is an easy fix, but the stand works great.
4. Fitted the additional larger hugger the dealer game me (I assume all bikes come with this). I commute rain or shine, so this will help a lot to keep some crap off me and the bike.

I have only done 320km over the weekend, but man, what a fantastic ride. I only spent a short period of time today in Sport, HOLY CRAP!!!! Decided I will leave that alone until such time that I have done the first 1,000km in the next couple of weeks. But I can see this becoming my favourite mode .

All up I am very happy. Will definitely need a new windscreen, but other than that I am very very very pleased. Will definitely not get boring!!

Here are a few pics of the bike, and also my foot position in relation to the SWMotech centre stand.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #84
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,117
Very Very Nice! I have a weakness for the standard also.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #85
rogerc
FJRider

Oddometer: 99
Vellis,
Nice bike so when does the turbo charge kit get installed?
What GPS are you using and how exactly did you mount it?
RC
rogerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #86
Dr. Zaius
Gnarly Adventurer

Finally figured out pics...I think

Here she is...she now has 120 miles on the clock. Shot of the Termi and mid pipe. Rizmo Tail tidy with LED's...and even a shot with the bags when I picked it up from the dealership.

All is right in the world.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #87
vellies
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerc View Post
Vellis,
Nice bike so when does the turbo charge kit get installed?
What GPS are you using and how exactly did you mount it?
RC
I have used the Garmin GPSMap60xc for a while now. I have a RAM mount for it. It connects to a "ball" which is fixed on top of the handle bar clamp. All that is required is to remove on the 4 bolts, and replace it with a longer bolt that comes with the ball mount. You can see it on top of the handle bar clamp in the first picture (just). Will get batter photos some time this week.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #88
ropedrag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Well..... I'm joining in on the fun, bought a 2013 Pikes Peak yesterday, will take delivery early next week.

All it took was 2 weeks of intense research and about 3 minutes of my test ride,..... and more money than I ever thought I'd spend on a motorcycle!

ropedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #89
Dr. Zaius
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropedrag View Post
Well..... I'm joining in on the fun, bought a 2013 Pikes Peak yesterday, will take delivery early next week.

All it took was 2 weeks of intense research and about 3 minutes of my test ride,..... and more money than I ever thought I'd spend on a motorcycle!
Welcome to the club!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #90
West Isles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
Here she is...she now has 120 miles on the clock. Shot of the Termi and mid pipe. Rizmo Tail tidy with LED's...and even a shot with the bags when I picked it up from the dealership.

All is right in the world.

Thanks for the pic with the bags on. This is exactly what I am thinking about. And I really like how the tail tidy cleaned up the back, never have been a fan of the rear huger fender.
As soon as winter breaks, I'm all scheduled for a test ride...
West Isles is offline   Reply With Quote