Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #316
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Thanks! I have always found that if you leave everything open there is no problem with freezing, after draining the tank of course.

My friends say that you can judge the economy by the size of my toyhauler and in previous good years I had a 5th wheel as well as a Class C motor home (last trailer was 5x8 )and after having them winterized the water always had a antifreeze smell and feel to it no matter how much I used the water the smell never went away and yes it was rv antifreeze. I had stopped doing it to my 5th wheel and would open every valve and leave it that way all winter long and never had a problem. so I don't know what the right answer is?
The first year i had a 12v pump at my cabin I had all the lines pinched to drain and figured the pump would drain too.

Well when I went up to open it up in the next spring the pump wouldn't pump took it apart and it was toast $60.00 paper weight.

So I added a 3 way valve to the inlet and suck a quart of antifreeze in till I see it out the discharge hose this pump is 10 years old now and still pumping (I know I'm jinxing my self).
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #317
PA Slammer
I hate titles...

Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Thanks! I have always found that if you leave everything open there is no problem with freezing, after draining the tank of course.

My friends say that you can judge the economy by the size of my toyhauler and in previous good years I had a 5th wheel as well as a Class C motor home (last trailer was 5x8 )and after having them winterized the water always had a antifreeze smell and feel to it no matter how much I used the water the smell never went away and yes it was rv antifreeze. I had stopped doing it to my 5th wheel and would open every valve and leave it that way all winter long and never had a problem. so I don't know what the right answer is?
What about running a chlorine or vinegar mixture through at the beginning of the season, let it sit for a day or so, go for a ride to shake it up.

PA Slammer
PA Slammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #318
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Slammer View Post
What about running a chlorine or vinegar mixture through at the beginning of the season, let it sit for a day or so, go for a ride to shake it up.

PA Slammer
At this point I am not going to add any water to the system until I know it won't freeze, still hitting the 20's at night...

Propane tank mount all painted and ready to mount,

Looks good, but it sucked...poor engineering on my part.

It shook more than SMM at a Englebert Humperdink concert...not good. so I found this in the drawers (not SMMs)

So now I had a 3 point connection, much better. No more shake.

So I hooked up the gas and installed a nice rubber bushing where the gas line passes through the cabinet.

pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #319
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Sister Mary Margaret hitting it out of the park on the mattress covers! The light denim blue piping matches my eyes and pulls the whole build together!

So whats worse than a bed without a headboard ( no piano bar at the hotel bar but that's another story).

The pillow will fall of the end of the bed and a bad night of sleep will be had, but I had an idea....details to follow.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #320
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Punch list items got done as well tonight...

"crown" molding, ceiling molding,trim is in as well as I caulked every where I could.

Back door paint border was done last night,

PL400 premium on the FRP (hope it works?)

Installed.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #321
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Finally the punch list is getting smaller....

Old 03-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #322
snofrog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 749
what if... someone locks the door while you are inside ??? can you fit out the window ?
snofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #323
pvangel OP
Team AARP

The window is an "egress" window that means you can get out of it which is why I picked it. The door handle/hardware has been a challenge, I have bought 3 different setups so far. First was a regular tubular lockset with a handle versus a doorknob..no good. Second was a screen door setup which would work if it fit a 1"1/2 door. Third is a Teardrop trailer door latch that will work except they sent the wrong one (a RH not a LH) so...stay tuned for the final results...I hope it works.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #324
Easterner
Just Landed

Oddometer: 304
Mom done good nice detail.
Easterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #325
pvangel OP
Team AARP

She's a good woman

So I am wrapping up some small details this weekend and going to clean out the old trailer and load gear into the new one.

Old one is for sale,

2011? 5x8 trailer set up for 3 mx bikes, window,roof vent, shelving, helmet and boot hooks, vinyl floor. $1900.00 or $2700 with tent.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #326
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,483
I'm interested in how you mounted the boots up there? They stayed there while on the road?
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #327
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
I'm interested in how you mounted the boots up there? They stayed there while on the road?
I have to say this is one of my better ideas.... I put a bungee cord over them and they stay put! They also dry quicker and all the dirt falls out of the inside, works great!

Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #328
pvangel OP
Team AARP

The old trailer is sold, Tent is still available.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #329
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Finally am close enough to being done I could take the bikes out of the old trailer and put them back in the garage.

Now if would just stop snowing...
Old 03-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #330
pvangel OP
Team AARP

The devil is in the details...

Gotta have a headboard but on a folding bed?

I can't weld aluminum so rivets it is, (I can weld aluminum but don't have a TIG anymore and really rivets work great!)

Pillow won't fall of that end now.

Solid but removable,

And in it's storage place at the end of the counter, thats the water line to the shower.

And the broom/umbrella holder next to the tiedown holder.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: